how do people cope with holidays..

Little Miss Determined

Skinny here I come!!
starting again for the last time on monday. do you stay on plan or just have a week off and get back on track when you get back?
partner having a week off didn't help blew me right off track! how do people cope with holidays??????:eek:

I treat it like any other day, I know lots of people who lost the plot over the summer with the children being off school but to me that was just an excuse, we still only need breakfast, lunch and dinner and maybe a snack in between, the children being off school or being on holidays doesn't make us any hungrier! You can always pick the healthy choices off the menu and stick to low syn alcohol (if you drink)

if you want to take a week off thats up to you but be prepared to put some weight on and only you will know how you will feel about that :)

Ive just had a week away, infact ime come home tomorrow. I just enjoy my week, but try and have breakfast and dinner on Sw plan, then the rest of the day i have what i want. After all its a holliday you have what you want for 1 week. Illbe back on plan monday may have put on but it will come back off.
Ive also done a lot of bike riding too,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I don't want to sound smug and I'm not :) :) but I went away for 2.5 weeks and when I came back at WI I had lost 4 pounds (over that whole time) by basically sticking to it. It was easier as we were self catering. It was a bit sad when the rest of the family were having ice creams etc and I had to watch :( but I did have a couple of treats and meals out so didn't feel that bad.
Best feeling when got on scales and had lost 4lbs so definitely worth it.

I have the same problem! I'm due to go in holiday next week and already my head is telling me to go on holiday mode! Were all inclusive so I think I will just try to stick to it where I can - the thing I will change is not drinking alcohol or fizzy by the pool during the day that's my downfall so it will be kept just for the evening.

I have the same problem! I'm due to go in holiday next week and already my head is telling me to go on holiday mode! Were all inclusive so I think I will just try to stick to it where I can - the thing I will change is not drinking alcohol or fizzy by the pool during the day that's my downfall so it will be kept just for the evening.

:eek: All-Inclusive, I would find that extremely tough!!!!

If I go on a self catering holiday I'll always put on a few lb's as I'll choose & eat what I fancy but oddly enough I always lose if I go all-Inc. Holidays don't come round often so I think it's important to enjoy yourself, if you fret over everything you eat you won't enjoy yourself. Just make a deal with yourself that you'll eat what you want while away but get straight back on plan as soon as you're back x

Im going away to Cyprus next month and we're staying in a villa. I plan to take some Pasta N Sauces, Couple of tins of Beans, Fry Light and we will just go to the supermarket there and eat what we eat at home - there.

I know this isnt an option for people staying in a hotel but as others have said - its just about making the right decisions on your meal options.

I do not want to be returning and have a gain - to me i've eaten so much unhealthy food in my lifetime that I dont need to have any more for a long time - and my desire to be slim overrules wanting it !!

x

When I was actively losing I stuck to plan rigidly, just back from frightfest and I stuck to plan 4 out of 6 days. I gained 2lbs but I knew I would as the two days I had off, were proper pig out days. I am back on it and will have lost some (hopefully all) of that by weigh in next week.

I went all inclusive to turkey, for a week- came back and only gained 0.5lb- I chose as best I could from the buffet, had an occasional ice cream but avoided desserts at mealtimes. Diet in the Med is quite good so I was lucky :) I also did some sport whilst there- swimming, aqua aerobics and walking.
It's Up to you how far (if at all) you go off plan- whatever works best for you :)

Been down to Shakespeare country for the last week which means the most amazing big cream teas!! I think I ate my weight in cream and scones!! Put on 2lb so straight back on the plan!!! Walked and walked though so not all bad!!

I'm off to Venice for a week next Thursday, we are staying at a B&B, breakfast will be coffee and pastries so planning on having my own fruit and yoghurt, the rest of our meals will be eaten out. I work in an office so being out and about will help but I hope to gain no more than 4lb over the week, but whaever the gain is I will be straight back on plan on my return.

I diet all year round - on holiday I dont!

However I do excercise everyday im away..usually do 30 mins in the gym and 25 lengths in the pool..and alot of walking!

I stayed in a full board hotel. Started off sticking to plan for meals, but mus admit that I did succumb to the low-fat sweets table a few time (obviously big quark fans there - lots of flavoured quarky stuff on bits of sponge like you get in swiss roll), but could have been worse. When we were out in the evenings I just chose the drink I fancied though as my usual tipple was hard to get and really expensive (anyone would think diet coke hadn't been invented yet!!)
So, I wasn't on plan, but plan def influenced my eating choices at meal times. Lots of fruit, salad, veg, and fish where poss, and I tried to judge if the meat was lean, but that's hard to do accurately.

I did put some weight on, but it came back off quite quickly once home, back on plan, and back doing my usual exercises.

Don't stress. You'll be back on track before you know it.

I should be really looking forward to Summer (heading to Salou between the 15th and 25th of July, then off to Florida for 2 weeks on the 27th July) but I am DREADING going on the first holiday as it's going to be so hard to stick to plan. I'm heading with friends and it's going to be a bit of a mad one...I don't want to get fat again but I don't want to be a bore ahh! Also, when I'm in Florida I will be doing a LOT of shopping...I'm worried if I gain in Salou I'll not know what blooming size clothes to get. Stressed wouldn't be in it!

Little Miss Determined said:
starting again for the last time on monday. do you stay on plan or just have a week off and get back on track when you get back?
partner having a week off didn't help blew me right off track! how do people cope with holidays??????:eek:

I was away in spain a few weeks back was mostly sticking to plan brekkie and lunch and tried to make better choices at evening meal i did go over my syns most days as i drank more booze but counted and tried to syn it all came back 5 lb heavier (2.5 of that was water retention due to heat as i lost that after 48 hrs and my fingers that had become sausages were back to normal) but im still trying to get the 2.5 off that id put on at weigh in post holiday lost 1.5 on monday and now have another lb to go hopefully on monday i now regret going off plan and wish id had a bit more self control but at least i did my daily aqua aerobics in the pool my gain could gave been way worse

Jenna88 said:
I should be really looking forward to Summer (heading to Salou between the 15th and 25th of July, then off to Florida for 2 weeks on the 27th July) but I am DREADING going on the first holiday as it's going to be so hard to stick to plan. I'm heading with friends and it's going to be a bit of a mad one...I don't want to get fat again but I don't want to be a bore ahh! Also, when I'm in Florida I will be doing a LOT of shopping...I'm worried if I gain in Salou I'll not know what blooming size clothes to get. Stressed wouldn't be in it!

Aaah Florida.... The land of deep fried yumminess.... Gotta be honest last time I went to Florida I ate whatever I liked but found I maintained rather than gained because we basically spent all day everyday walking around parks or shopping malls. Plus the heat puts you off overindulging during the daytime.

I would try my best to stick to plan in Salou but dont bog yourself down with it.

Jenna88 said:
I'm more concerned about Salou at the minute as I'm going to be taking pack lunches to the parks in Florida and as you said walking miles. It probably wouldnt kill me to cut down the ol binge drinking...its just no fun being sober when everyone else is a tad tipsy!

I know what ya mean .... Have to say i dont really drink now im on sw and to be honest im just as crazy as i was then i really dont need the booze lol the trick Is when not drinking just be Silly have fun and loose your inhibitions its actually Alot of fun i reg make a tit of myself lol my New mantra Is WHO cares what ppl think of me im not changing for anyone. so many ppl are surprised when im not drinking because im so crazy .... Im not crazy just living life to the Max :)

Back