How do they work this out?!

Sarah23fly

Want to lose a stone!
Ive been using the search option here to find out the syn value of Sacla.

I read its 1syn to ever 20 calories. I thought thats good to know, I didnt know that!

Then went to the fridge for a Mulle Light and suddenly wondered... How are they free when they average 80-90 calories a pot?

The 1 syn = 20 calories rule applies only to strictly treat foods that have no free food allowance, such as pasta sauces/biscuits/crisps/chocolate etc

The 1 syn for every 20 calories doesn't work for things that have free foods as a main ingredient. Some, or in this instance all of the calories come from a free food so it gets a special allowance that reduces the syn value. But you can use the rule for any other foods, and that is not just snack foods and treats.

Jodieboo - i'm surprised about your consultant not knowing about it - but shouldn't be - i told another one about it some time ago. It's actually the calaculation that the snackulator on the SW website uses. But as others have said - if there's a large part of the ingredients that would be classed as free/superfree - then it doesn't work and if not in syns-online the syns calculator would give a better idea. But as a rough and ready for unknown items - it's a good guide - though may over calculate the syns (until able to check properly that is).

Back