How do u beat your cravings??

*Mojo-jojo*

Say it in Dr Evil style!!
So im in my prep weeks b4 i start the cd...im a evening snacker i will polish of a bag of mint aero bubbles ...i like my comfort food :eek::eek::eek:.........

does anyone have a good tips or tricks??...hate the thought that its just cold turkey!!!

Last edited:
For me, I accepted that cravings were very normal, and didn't have to be 'beaten'. Just be at peace with them knowing that it didn't mean I had to give in to it.

They are what they are...desires...nothing more :)

I found that if I just sat with it, and instead of fighting, realised that it was just all part of what I was doing, I could relax into it and let it pass :)

I 'was' an evening snacker!! Was nothing for me and oh to order takeaway at 11pm!
I now have my morning shake morning time... and leave my other two till later in the afternoon the last one I have at about 7pm so I am full in the evening.. the ketosis helps too as I am not physically hungry... every time I feel like snacking.. I use my mantra.... (my 6yr old son was heard repeating this mantra whilst playing wii play this morning!!!)
Thing is Jo, you will find what works for you, hot baths, a good magazine, posting prolifically on here! all the se things can help you stay away from the nibbles... doesn't even bother me right now sitting with someone who is busy sbacking watching TV...
Get your motivation high!!!!!

x

edited to add that KD you are soo wise!! and yes... we can say no because they really hold no power! thank you x

I come on here and post. Look at the before and after pics to remind me why I'm doing this. Read a book, have a shower. If I know I'm going to be put in a situation around food (like I was tonight with people coming round) I saved my soup and a bar so that I could feel like I was eating something. Saying all that-sometimes it did just feel like going cold turkey when the cravings were bad!

Honestly? Just ignore it and work through. Its a want and not a need.

If i don't have the thing I'm craving its unlikely that I'm going to keel over or lose a limb. Its just head tricks.

Then if its really bad I sit and work through it slike this.
What do I really want? Am I just bored or Thirsty?
How will it taste? Will it taste as good as I imagined or just normal?
If I have it - it will affect my weightloss. Am I prepared for weight stall or potential gain?
Do I want an extra week on SS for giving into to all these cravings?
It will still be there when I'm at goal.
Its not worth it. I'll just feel bad the next day for cheating.

Honestly? Just ignore it and work through. Its a want and not a need.

That's the idea. We are usually so quick to assume that just because we want something, we should have it. It becomes a habit. Doing something else instead, though useful at times, doesn't make a new reaction in the brain that teaches 'want' doesn't have to equal 'have'.

There are times when we don't want to do something else, and using this technique means you can train your brain for every occasion. Running away from the desire, runs away from the problem instead of building a new habit.

It's a really clever technique and one that I used to 'cure' me of my Binge Eating disorder.

Then if its really bad I sit and work through it slike this.
What do I really want? Am I just bored or Thirsty?
How will it taste? Will it taste as good as I imagined or just normal?
If I have it - it will affect my weightloss. Am I prepared for weight stall or potential gain?
Do I want an extra week on SS for giving into to all these cravings?
It will still be there when I'm at goal.
Its not worth it. I'll just feel bad the next day for cheating.

yep, they are excellent techniques too. Thinking about it, I probably did that for the moment before I just sat in peace with the craving. In fact, I know I did.

Good one :)

I just drink water and that tends to do the trick. If not I will open a can of tuna and have that if I really need to eat something.

i know it sounds silly but i just decide not to move. if i get a craving for something, if i remain where i am then i won't go and get it. it sounds ridiculous, but the longer i sit there, or carry on with what i was doing thinking about it, the more i realise how silly i'm being... that and i spend a lot of time in the bath :)

cravings are something that come with cd, there's no getting away from it. however they really do help you identify why you overate in the first place and what triggered overeating. boredom, emotions, habit. doing ss really does highlight all of this. so i find that if i'm craving something and i can identify why, i feel like i've achieved something rather than going mad wanting something. if that makes sense?

abz xx

thanks for all your fab responses... xxxx good luck to u all on this choco filled day!

Back