How do you cope cooking for family?

Busy Mum

Silver Member
I'm starting TFR tomorrow. I have 3 children so I can't get out of not cooking and preparing meals for them! Just wondering how you all cope with that and if you have any tips? Thanks.

Busy Mum.

I didnt cook for the first week, luckily my hubs was on holiday as i had both big toes operated on in that week and needed someone here, I really couldnt do it, but now I am fine, happily cook for him and the kids, there are times that i stand and smell in deep breaths, the food, and soooooo want some,but have managed to resist. Did smoked haddock, crushed new pots and green beans tonight and the fish smelt amazing, could have happily scoffed all of it, good luck, it does get easier to cook i think xx

I've had to cook from day one, for my kids and hubbie. To be honest the first few days I was so determined I didn't mind, the first weekend was very hard, but I got through and now I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me at all, I even bake with the boys. If I fancy something I tell myself, I can enjoy it guilt free (in moderation) in a few months.

Best of luck :)

I actually enjoy cooking more when I'm on the shakes so not a problem for me.

I find it helps. I really enjoy cooking and because I'm on this and it was me who used to buy the "bad" foods, they are eating healthier too. X

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm also hoping that with me not buying the unhealthy stuff the rest of the family's diet will be healthier and my girls food habits will be better then mine.

poop, just re read and realised I have mentioned food in the 100% section, very sorry moderators, slap on the wrist x

Sorry my fault. I only found the actual Lipotrim section last night. I just hadn't scrolled down the page and didn't realise there was anything below the lists of sub-forums!

I also found the 1st weekend very hard when the curry was cooking and the wine was looking at me & my hubby and kids were tucking in :( I'm coming up to my 2nd weekend and I'm working evenings , which I normally hate doing but I'm glad not to be home to smell the curry !! I can manage the rest of the week ok .

I agree jmj the weekend are tough:(

I also have 3 little ones, and to my suprise i am not only cooking them meals everynight im also baking aswell......... i can't stop myself i am really enoying stuffing them up because i know i can't eat. My husband is finding the whole baking thing strange as im at it everyday to keep my busy but he isn't complaining when hes taking them all to work for everyone ....lol.
Good luck, a tip from me is after the kids have wasted something poor washing up liquid straight over it.... that way while you are doing the dishes, scraping the plates little nibbles dont end up in your mouth. x

I cook most days for my partner and work in a bakery that sells hot and cold pasties and sandwiches. What I do when at work I pretend that all the food has been pee'd on even though I know it hasn't the thought is disgusting enough to put me off wanting the food while at work and this has worked everytime for me. Now whilst cooking at home I prolong my shake a little longer until after the food is made and tell myself that I am getting my tea too I prepare his food and as I hate beans and he loves them I put them on his plate. I also remind myself why I am doing the diet and what my goals are and picture myself hitting those goals what I will look like how I will feel and that stops me breaking this.

If anything I have said helps you in anyway please feel free to use it good luck :)

Back