How do you cope with a diet and full time job?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Caz, 6 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I'm moving back to London for 4-6 weeks on Sunday to start a job there. So I'll be working Mon to Fri from 9 til 6. I'm not used to such a long day! Anyway, I'm at the moment calorie counting, but might come back on plan to the 1000 step. Just wondering how you guys cope with handling a diet and full time job? Especially those on the higher plans rather than SS. I know how tempting it is when I'm tired to eat junk, takeaway, microwave meals, rather than make the effort to cook a healthy meal. Especially in a house share! I'm just hoping that it doesn't all go wrong!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Whoah I hate the thought of trying to do a higher plan when working! I work 12hr shifts 5 days a week and I make sure I do not take anything with me other than my water bottle and shakes. Not even money because I would end up buying lunch!!!

Being at work keeps me busy and keeps my mind off food though.

I guess the best advice I can give is to take what you need, nothing more! x

4. Tif

Tif Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Diet:
    CD
    DEfinately leave your purse at home!! lol

5. Elvira

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    And for the evenings, I would suggest doing a weekly shop and only buying what you need. Plan your meals for the week and if you can, make them up in advance and freeze them or chill them perhaps x

6. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Yeah, I think that's a good idea actually. I'll probably take lunch with me, and a drink, and then leave my money at home! That way I can't spend my money on the pretty stuff that I'd end up seeing on the way home either!

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hiya

Planning was the key for me, I mapped out at the weekend what I was having each day so I didn't have to think about food choices. I prepared my lunch and took it with me to work and yes having no money is always a good one!!

x

8. Uggnboo

Uggnboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SS
    I'm on SS so it is a little easier. Although it does become a pain when you travel alot and making a shake/soup in a meeting room is a bit of a struggle!

I agree, only take to work what you need and keep remembering why you are doing this!

I've come back on SS after stopping for 6 weeks. Got my wedding dress measuring in 6 weeks so panicked!:cry:

9. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    I think you guys are right, planning is going to be key. That way there's no oh I don't have this, I'll have to buy something. I'm determined to stick to it, and I will! Not sure I'll have the time or energy for gym 3/4 times a week now though!!

10. Elvira

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Bonus lol! If you are anything like me, money burns a hole in my pocket when I see something pretty!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.