• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

How do you cope with a diet and full time job?

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
I'm moving back to London for 4-6 weeks on Sunday to start a job there. So I'll be working Mon to Fri from 9 til 6. I'm not used to such a long day! Anyway, I'm at the moment calorie counting, but might come back on plan to the 1000 step. Just wondering how you guys cope with handling a diet and full time job? Especially those on the higher plans rather than SS. I know how tempting it is when I'm tired to eat junk, takeaway, microwave meals, rather than make the effort to cook a healthy meal. Especially in a house share! I'm just hoping that it doesn't all go wrong!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
Whoah I hate the thought of trying to do a higher plan when working! I work 12hr shifts 5 days a week and I make sure I do not take anything with me other than my water bottle and shakes. Not even money because I would end up buying lunch!!!

Being at work keeps me busy and keeps my mind off food though.

I guess the best advice I can give is to take what you need, nothing more! x

Tif

DEfinately leave your purse at home!! lol

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
And for the evenings, I would suggest doing a weekly shop and only buying what you need. Plan your meals for the week and if you can, make them up in advance and freeze them or chill them perhaps x

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
Yeah, I think that's a good idea actually. I'll probably take lunch with me, and a drink, and then leave my money at home! That way I can't spend my money on the pretty stuff that I'd end up seeing on the way home either!

Hiya

Planning was the key for me, I mapped out at the weekend what I was having each day so I didn't have to think about food choices. I prepared my lunch and took it with me to work and yes having no money is always a good one!!

x

I'm on SS so it is a little easier. Although it does become a pain when you travel alot and making a shake/soup in a meeting room is a bit of a struggle!

I agree, only take to work what you need and keep remembering why you are doing this!

I've come back on SS after stopping for 6 weeks. Got my wedding dress measuring in 6 weeks so panicked!:cry:

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
I think you guys are right, planning is going to be key. That way there's no oh I don't have this, I'll have to buy something. I'm determined to stick to it, and I will! Not sure I'll have the time or energy for gym 3/4 times a week now though!!