Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do you cope with a diet and full time job?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Caz, 6 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I'm moving back to London for 4-6 weeks on Sunday to start a job there. So I'll be working Mon to Fri from 9 til 6. I'm not used to such a long day! Anyway, I'm at the moment calorie counting, but might come back on plan to the 1000 step. Just wondering how you guys cope with handling a diet and full time job? Especially those on the higher plans rather than SS. I know how tempting it is when I'm tired to eat junk, takeaway, microwave meals, rather than make the effort to cook a healthy meal. Especially in a house share! I'm just hoping that it doesn't all go wrong!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Whoah I hate the thought of trying to do a higher plan when working! I work 12hr shifts 5 days a week and I make sure I do not take anything with me other than my water bottle and shakes. Not even money because I would end up buying lunch!!!

Being at work keeps me busy and keeps my mind off food though.

I guess the best advice I can give is to take what you need, nothing more! x

4. Tif

Tif Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Diet:
    CD
    DEfinately leave your purse at home!! lol

5. Elvira

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    And for the evenings, I would suggest doing a weekly shop and only buying what you need. Plan your meals for the week and if you can, make them up in advance and freeze them or chill them perhaps x

6. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Yeah, I think that's a good idea actually. I'll probably take lunch with me, and a drink, and then leave my money at home! That way I can't spend my money on the pretty stuff that I'd end up seeing on the way home either!

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hiya

Planning was the key for me, I mapped out at the weekend what I was having each day so I didn't have to think about food choices. I prepared my lunch and took it with me to work and yes having no money is always a good one!!

x

8. Uggnboo

Uggnboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SS
    I'm on SS so it is a little easier. Although it does become a pain when you travel alot and making a shake/soup in a meeting room is a bit of a struggle!

I agree, only take to work what you need and keep remembering why you are doing this!

I've come back on SS after stopping for 6 weeks. Got my wedding dress measuring in 6 weeks so panicked!:cry:

9. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    I think you guys are right, planning is going to be key. That way there's no oh I don't have this, I'll have to buy something. I'm determined to stick to it, and I will! Not sure I'll have the time or energy for gym 3/4 times a week now though!!

10. Elvira

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Bonus lol! If you are anything like me, money burns a hole in my pocket when I see something pretty!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.