How do you cope with a diet and full time job?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm moving back to London for 4-6 weeks on Sunday to start a job there. So I'll be working Mon to Fri from 9 til 6. I'm not used to such a long day! Anyway, I'm at the moment calorie counting, but might come back on plan to the 1000 step. Just wondering how you guys cope with handling a diet and full time job? Especially those on the higher plans rather than SS. I know how tempting it is when I'm tired to eat junk, takeaway, microwave meals, rather than make the effort to cook a healthy meal. Especially in a house share! I'm just hoping that it doesn't all go wrong!

Whoah I hate the thought of trying to do a higher plan when working! I work 12hr shifts 5 days a week and I make sure I do not take anything with me other than my water bottle and shakes. Not even money because I would end up buying lunch!!!

Being at work keeps me busy and keeps my mind off food though.

I guess the best advice I can give is to take what you need, nothing more! x

DEfinately leave your purse at home!! lol

And for the evenings, I would suggest doing a weekly shop and only buying what you need. Plan your meals for the week and if you can, make them up in advance and freeze them or chill them perhaps x

Yeah, I think that's a good idea actually. I'll probably take lunch with me, and a drink, and then leave my money at home! That way I can't spend my money on the pretty stuff that I'd end up seeing on the way home either!

Hiya

Planning was the key for me, I mapped out at the weekend what I was having each day so I didn't have to think about food choices. I prepared my lunch and took it with me to work and yes having no money is always a good one!!

x

I'm on SS so it is a little easier. Although it does become a pain when you travel alot and making a shake/soup in a meeting room is a bit of a struggle!

I agree, only take to work what you need and keep remembering why you are doing this!

I've come back on SS after stopping for 6 weeks. Got my wedding dress measuring in 6 weeks so panicked!:cry:

I think you guys are right, planning is going to be key. That way there's no oh I don't have this, I'll have to buy something. I'm determined to stick to it, and I will! Not sure I'll have the time or energy for gym 3/4 times a week now though!!

Bonus lol! If you are anything like me, money burns a hole in my pocket when I see something pretty!!!

Back