how do you cure dragon breath????

babycake

Please kick my butt!!
My husband slept on the couch last night. he says "your breath reakes". I'm in the dental proffesion and have tried every thing at my disposal and brushing my teeth more then 4 times a day is not a good idea.

any ideas

I just use a breath spray that I bought in Superdrug and that really seems to help....

The breath spray called Retardex is good - and just drinking lots more water.

Retardex spray (and mouth wash) is possibly the most expensive one in Boots, Superdrug etc. but works best I've found.

Judders

Oh, what a nice thing for him to say. Could he not have slept facing away from you??

The death breath is just one of the unfortunate side effects, but the Listerine strips work but you can't exactly use them when you are sleeping can you??

There is a mouthwash that is used after you have teeth out which is really good but the name escapes me just now. I know you can get it in Morrisions for about £4?? I will try and remember the name :)

have tried retar dex Mouth wash. makes little differrence will try the spray though. The post extraction mouthwash is called corsodyl....never buy the original flavor it tastes awful, try the aniseed instead

have tried retar dex Mouth wash. makes little differrence will try the spray though. The post extraction mouthwash is called corsodyl....never buy the original flavor it tastes awful, try the aniseed instead

Ah thats the one. I don't really like it, I think it is a bit strong but it does really kill the bad breath :D

I have the retardex too - works quite well and have also bought some listerine strips, just waiting for them to come through the post! x

have you tried scraping your tongue? My tongue gets really white when I have bad breath and I have used a tongue scraper which has helped a bit!

i have the full works in stock. I have "borrowed" some kit from one of our surgery's. Had a full mouth disinfection procedure this morning from the hygienist. Watch out for the listerine strips, done over do them as they can cause a blister on the roof of the mouth, but its only if your really overoing it ie two packs a day.....same with nicorette lozengers.

I don't know how much water you're drinking but if it's just the minimum recommended 4 pints (2.4 litres), you might want to consider upping a bit to dilute those pesky ketones.

Of course, if you're already drinking 4 litres, that might not help :)

thanx lily, i'm averaging about 4 litres a day. above and beyond the call of nature if you know what i mean.. i tried the spray before and my smell tester said it was an improvement. xoxox

Breath spray was all that worked for me, I just carried it around all the time.

I am now on week 7 or 8 (loosing memory!) and it is no longer a problem.

yep, breath spray all the way!! x

Back