How do you get through your hard days?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Princess_Ames, 19 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    I'm obviously only on day 2 of the diet. So I'm quite motivated and feeling strong so far. But i know in a day or two I'm going to start missing the silky smooth taste of chocolate and the crunchy wonderful taste of a bag of crisps... so how do you get past these days?

I think for me the only thing that is going to keep me going is looking at my disgusting "before" photos. I don't honestly see that a bar of chocolate is more important than getting back into my old clothes.

I think the cravings are the killer. So i need to find something that can keep my mind off of them... so any ideas? What's worked for you? :flirt2:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Predator

Predator Silver Member

Start Weight:
    241.8lb
    Current Weight:
    212.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    29.7lb(12.28%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I usually play a good computer game lol, and that tends to take my mind off my belly and keeps me entertained and makes the time pass too... :p

Sometimes though you just have to grit your teeth and power through the hard times, no substitute for will power :)

4. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    I think I will be playing on games a fair bit too lol!!!!

5. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Have also just found the MiniMins app for my Android... so when i feel a bit peckish or down i can use my phone to check up on you all! Hurrah!!!

6. Rebirth_Lozza

Rebirth_Lozza Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    There's a couple of plus-size models with similar build and height to myself that I would LOVE to look like or even get relatively close to looking like! :p So when times are hard I just google them up and think "one day" :D. Otherwise I just drink lots of water and do lots of my work/errands. That gets me through. :)

7. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    See I would love love love to look like Drew Barrymore... her body just amazes me. She's hot without being stick thin and that's what i want.

I need to keep this goal in my head.

8. Divalicious

Divalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(31.31%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    1st few days I thought of how good it must feel to wear a size 18 again. The things I would like to do with OH with lights on lol. Running and playing in the park with my kiddies. Just not being the fat person anymore, I still feel fat though lol. Wearing shorts or short dresses in the summer without leggings.

I have had a knee problem since my son was born, he`s 8. My GP encouraged me to lose weight for years and will do it for a week or 2 then stop. This time I`d had enough of the pain and just wanted to claim my health back! After like 3 st gone I started feeling better. I now walk more and am loving it.

9. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    That is one thing that keeps me motivated this time... the fact that my son wants to go swimming with me and i don't wish to look like a beached whale :(

10. Elemental

Elemental Chasing the Rainbow

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(15.7%)
    Diet:
    In between plans!
    knowing how much money i have spent on exante bumper packs has kept me on the straight and narrow so far lol, plus i know you're not meant to but i am a daily weigher - and so long as the scales keep going down i know what i'm doing is totally worth it. It took me years to pile this weight on and it will only take me a few months to get it off at this rate. Just remind yourself it's not forever! :)

11. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    What worries me is the... "after i've lost the weight"

When i lost 3 1/2 on WW i managed to keep it off for at least 2 years. However the past year I have eaten so badly because of stress and boredom that i have stuck it ALL back on. Which upsets me as i worked so hard to lose it before.

I just hope i am strong enough in my resolve this time to stick at it and change the way i look at food. I need to see food as fuel NOT as a comfort.

12. Elemental

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(15.7%)
    Diet:
    In between plans!
    See that is always used as an excuse not to diet but look at it this way, if you hadn't lost all that weight in the first place all that weight you piled on would have gone ON TOP of you pre WW weight wouldn't it? So you are still better off. Just learn from your mistakes and don't get complacent, it is easier to stay slim than to get slim IMO

13. Elemental

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(15.7%)
    Diet:
    In between plans!
    not saying you were using it as an excuse but i hear people say about VLCD diets "you'll only put it all back on again"

14. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    I don't have excuses lol... I am quite open with admitting that the reason i put it all back on was over eating. I ate the wrong foods, the wrong amounts and knew it would only do me damage in the long run. Couple it with having PCOS and it's just a downhill spiral.

If you go back to your old eating habits of course you'll put it all back on again. That was where i went wrong. I was well behaved for 2 years and then just slipped back in to bad habits. This time however i will NOT be making that mistake. I HATE being fat and there is only ME who can do anything about it! :D

15. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've got myself some lush sexy, terribly expensive underwear, you'd be surprised what that can do for your confidence and your resolve! Plus it keeps the OH from sabotaging me by eating in front of me ;) x

16. fatboyslimming

fatboyslimming Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(10.53%)
    Ive taken up doing house work which has delighted my wife.

Cleaned out the computer room and put the washing away last night

17. Divalicious

Divalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(31.31%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    Ain't she lucky!!! Way to go FBS!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Think i may have to step up my Avon. I have been given 4 streets to brochure drop on so may start going out to walk during the evening which is when i would be most likely to be sat scoffing food... The exercise will do me good lol

20. GinaLangland

GinaLangland Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie-counting, using mfp
    I sort of think about the diet as a project. Like a difficult task at work or being in labour or something. You know there's a reward at the end but the start and middle bit are tough and not particularly enjoyable.

If I self-sabotage then the "difficult project" is going to take longer...

That's what keeps me going. I admit to myself that I'm going to have to be a bit selfish with myself, a little introspective. But if I stick to it, it won't be long - certainly only up until Christmas, I hope - and in the grand scheme of things, it's not long.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.