How do you get to be a WW Gold member

Lynn_

On A Mission!
I realise you have to hit target, but then what. Do you have to follow a maintenance plan for a set time?

Also, how is the goal weight finally decided? The only goal I have been given so far is to hit 5% lost.

Thanks for any input

You need to discuss with your leader your goal weight. As long as it's within a healthy BMI, you can set it to pretty much what you want.
Then after that, you have to attend at least 5 meetings a year, and not exceed your goal weight by 5lbs.
In addition, if your BMI falls below 20, they'll stop weighing you and suspend your membership
hope that helps :)

thanks for the response Crooked, but what I was really trying to get at is this, do you become a Gold Member on reaching target, or do you have to follow a maintenance plan for a set time before you become a gold member? Or do have to have been a paying member for a certain amount of time first?

you need to have lost at least 5lbs, attended meetings for at least 5 wks, and reached an ultimate goal weight that is within ww healthy weight range (BMI 20-25)
Once you reach your goal weight attending meetings, your leader will award you with your Gold membership.
meetings are free providing you weigh-in 5 times a year and you don't exceed your Goal Weight by more than 5lb and attend at least 5 meetings per year

Hope that helps

do you need to maintain for 4 weeks also??and do you pay for those 4 weeks???

Thanks Michelle, thats just what I needed to know.

Ive lost my weight, but the hard part is keeping it off and so I have joined WW to help me maintain. So im already at at healthy BMI, I just need to decide now what my ultimate weight needs to be. I could probably lose another half stone now to be really comfortable so thats my aim. I should be able to get to Gold membership by end Feb easily then, and then the weekly weigh in wont cost me anything. Selfish I know to lose the weight on my own and then expect WW to be my lifeline for maintenance, but I really need the support to keep it off.

was wondering that myself..i dream of being a gold member so i could attend meetings for free to help me keep the weight off...sadly i have failed to lose weight

didn't know about having to have bmi of 20..though my goal would be to maintain a bmi of 20 as while i would love to be lighter i think realistically if i got to a bmi of 20 it would be a miracle and besides i don't want to increase my risk of osteoporosis or make my bone density worse than it is

is there any other conditions to being a gold member apart from the 5 meetings a year and keeping bmi of between 20 and 25 and within 5 pound of goal?

sorry for barging in

no problem, well done for getting the weight off on your own, think it a really good idea that ur going to get the support to maintain

well i hope i manage to get my bmi down to 20 and then be a gold member

right now i have to work out if i can afford to join meetings to lose the 10 pounds or so i want to lose and need to lose for my liver tests.my current bmi is about 24-26 so need to lose a bit

well i hope i manage to get my bmi down to 20 and then be a gold member

right now i have to work out if i can afford to join meetings to lose the 10 pounds or so i want to lose and need to lose for my liver tests.my current bmi is about 24-26 so need to lose a bit
healthy bmi is between 20 and 25,,so your nearly there!!

Back