Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do you get to be a WW Gold member

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Lynn_, 8 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    I realise you have to hit target, but then what. Do you have to follow a maintenance plan for a set time?

Also, how is the goal weight finally decided? The only goal I have been given so far is to hit 5% lost.

Thanks for any input

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You need to discuss with your leader your goal weight. As long as it's within a healthy BMI, you can set it to pretty much what you want.
    Then after that, you have to attend at least 5 meetings a year, and not exceed your goal weight by 5lbs.
    In addition, if your BMI falls below 20, they'll stop weighing you and suspend your membership
    hope that helps :)

4. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    thanks for the response Crooked, but what I was really trying to get at is this, do you become a Gold Member on reaching target, or do you have to follow a maintenance plan for a set time before you become a gold member? Or do have to have been a paying member for a certain amount of time first?

5. michellethegooner1

michellethegooner1 Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    weight watchers, pro points
    you need to have lost at least 5lbs, attended meetings for at least 5 wks, and reached an ultimate goal weight that is within ww healthy weight range (BMI 20-25)
    Once you reach your goal weight attending meetings, your leader will award you with your Gold membership.
    meetings are free providing you weigh-in 5 times a year and you don't exceed your Goal Weight by more than 5lb and attend at least 5 meetings per year

Hope that helps

6. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    do you need to maintain for 4 weeks also??and do you pay for those 4 weeks???

7. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    Thanks Michelle, thats just what I needed to know.

Ive lost my weight, but the hard part is keeping it off and so I have joined WW to help me maintain. So im already at at healthy BMI, I just need to decide now what my ultimate weight needs to be. I could probably lose another half stone now to be really comfortable so thats my aim. I should be able to get to Gold membership by end Feb easily then, and then the weekly weigh in wont cost me anything. Selfish I know to lose the weight on my own and then expect WW to be my lifeline for maintenance, but I really need the support to keep it off.

8. Tracer

Tracer Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.5lb(25.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Lynn I think it's great you've lost your weight alone and it's a great idea to go and get weighed to keep you on track...good on ya :)

9. Stupid

Stupid I'm a greedy pig

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    help i can't stick to any as i am greedy
    was wondering that myself..i dream of being a gold member so i could attend meetings for free to help me keep the weight off...sadly i have failed to lose weight

didn't know about having to have bmi of 20..though my goal would be to maintain a bmi of 20 as while i would love to be lighter i think realistically if i got to a bmi of 20 it would be a miracle and besides i don't want to increase my risk of osteoporosis or make my bone density worse than it is

is there any other conditions to being a gold member apart from the 5 meetings a year and keeping bmi of between 20 and 25 and within 5 pound of goal?

sorry for barging in

10. michellethegooner

michellethegooner Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4.5lb(39.96%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers, pro points
    no problem, well done for getting the weight off on your own, think it a really good idea that ur going to get the support to maintain

11. Stupid

Stupid I'm a greedy pig

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    help i can't stick to any as i am greedy
    well i hope i manage to get my bmi down to 20 and then be a gold member

right now i have to work out if i can afford to join meetings to lose the 10 pounds or so i want to lose and need to lose for my liver tests.my current bmi is about 24-26 so need to lose a bit

12. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    healthy bmi is between 20 and 25,,so your nearly there!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.