How do you Keep fit?

Hi Twenty

Sorry to hear about you neck, how awful for you having been so active and into the gym; I bet you didn't know how to fill your time up afterwards.

Well done on keeping your motivation up and being dedicated enough to get on your cross trainer at home. I can't keep it up by myself, I need a mate to come round and drag me off to a class!

Oh yes I did notice. Several trees came down in the woods where I ride. A bit scary.
Whereabouts in Notts were you? I love camping.

Trentfield Campsite
Church Laneham
Retford
Nottinghamshire (Browse area)
DN22 0NJ

Just found the website cos I'm so dizzy I couldn't remember where we went exactly!

We went to a meet up, named Wadfest, a bunch of people who read Terry Pratchett books. I'm not actually into them but DH is and all the fellow Pratchett fans are a lovely bunch, if a bit mad!!!

We had a great weekend despite the weather forcing us to spend a lot of time holding the tent down and some of the obscure events being cancelled......whoever heard of a 'Dry Boat Race' in the rain? Don't know what it is but it was cancelled!!!! Have to wait til next year to find out.:D

I go to the gym 3 x a week and have done since I was about 16 stone. ( I am now 11.11)
I keep having my programme reviewed, now it is 10 mons X trainder, 1000metres rowing machine, 15 mins cross country treadmill, 15 mins resistance programme on bike. Then I do 9 different things with weights.
When I have been this weight before, I have still looked "fat", but this time I don't, and I can only put it down to going to the gym. I should weigh 1 and a half stone at least, less than I do, but everyone (including CDC) says not to lose this much.
It DOES make a difference to your shape, and I feel so much fitter. I am also learning Tai Chi, but am still rubbish at remembering the moves!!!
Ann x

I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. Do resistance, xtrainer, treadmill and bikes.

Did have a go at body balance which was great, but I have no sense of balance:eek:

I've always exercised though. I was a judo enthusiast long ago and competed in the British Championships ;) Did the judo and self defence instructing for a while, but an injury forced me to stop. Couldn't help but keep up the exercise though.

Joined the gym again when I started WLR. It certainly motivates you to exercise!

Hi Cheb
I filled my time with eating chocolate etc to make myself feel better. I also could'nt be so active in just daily activities etc.
The one good thing (if you can call it that) is that i did not put the 7 stone i had lost before handhand with WW.(i regained 3 stone in 3 years)

(i seemed to forget you can't eat the same amount and not exercise!)
That's exactly how I put my weight on :(

Now it's mostly off again I won't make the same mistake twice :)

All these mad exercisers! I went to the gym today and did 80 mins cardio and 20 min weights. I know its working when I can feel my jelly belly wobbling because it MUST be wobbling off!!!! LOL!! What do you call that bit below your belly button ( the apron of fat) it must have a technical name? It is my problem area and it will be a real achievement to shift it. My midriff is more toned but def stomach is my lard zone!:) :) :) :) :)

Blame the kids i have it to, no matter how much i exercise it won't go away.

I run around after DD all day. We take her & the dog for long walks (with a picnic in the middle). We go riding on our bikes (DD on OH's as I am a bit unstable!). I used to go running (a kind of wobbly jog) but since being pregnant I have had to stop as my boobs hurt with every bump!!!

Nicky

I go swimming 6 times a week and swim non stop for 30 mins and i go to the gym at least 5 times a week. At the gym i normally do 15 mins on the cross trainer and then 45 - 60 mins on the treadmill in fat burner mode.

I really enjoy doing the exercise and im hooked

I do have a personal trainer that I did 12 weeks with til mid-august when we both had hols, and I have always played netball and gone swimming and gymming. But now, quite simply, I have three equines to run round after!

I ride at least once a week - would love time and the opportunity to ride more but it doesn't happen. :(

Want to start swimming with my DD again, so that's my short term aim.

Used to go running but that's stopped since my running partner got pregnant! :p She's due in november.. so we're planning on re-kindling our running in the spring. :) She wants to do the race for life again. I talked her into doing the 2005 one with me.

So.. that's my plans :)

Just wanted post about my new found addiction to the crosstrainer. I have built myself up to 1 hour on the preprogrammed interval training session that goes from resistance 3 to 10 in timed intervals. I love it and am hooked! I will need to continue to increase the resisitance as I get fitter but at the moment it is challenging enough for me! I can't believe I am posting this stuff as I truanted every PE lesson from the age of 12 to 16......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back