how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

i have had a really wierd day today with extremes of emotion, on one had am proud and happy as daughter got confirmation of her degree and is getting sorted for her move to germany i could burst with pride cos she has worked really hard and hasn't always had it easy especially with the trauma of the leg lengthening surgery. she never gives up and goes all out for what she wants. I sometimes wonder how i got such a strong independent young lady, but boy i admire her xxxxx

then on the flip side, i arrived at work this morning to find a collegue and friend really distressed she had turned into work having spent most of yesterday with the police and rape crisis center after her 18 yr old son was raped on tues night:eek:
words failed me and all i could do was hug her, what do you say to that, i think she came to work out of shock and not knowing what to do with her self.
i covered all the practicalities, referred her to occi health for access to the counselling service made her an appointment with her GP to get a sick note and sent her home but my heart bleeds for her and there is nothing i can do:confused:

her son has been given all the anti virals to protect against HIV but it will be at least a fortnight before it can be ruled out but its not just HIV is it there are all the hepititus strains to worry about too especially B and C.

i have never talked to my son about male rape, it's not something you think of really is it:confused: but i have tonight.

my friends son thought he was getting into a taxi to go home exactly what i have told mine, don't walk get a taxi its safer!!!! it turned out it wasn't, i have told matt tonight he must always pre book his taxi and never just get in one from the rank.

It scares me really how corrupt society can be at times :cry:

sorry for the rant, and for all you who have son's if like me you haven't discussed it with them please do xxxxx

Awhhhhhhh Mandy that is awful, and like you, it is also something that I haven't discussed with my Son :(

Oh Mandy, I don't know what to say ............ like you I have never discussed this situation with my sons, but will be bringing it up tonight. This rape is the second one I have heard of in almost as many months, the first a young girl was raped by 2 men and now your friends son. I honestly don't know how they will begin to get over that. You did all you could do for your friend, you listened and sorted out everything that needed to be sorted so that she could get home to her son. My heart goes out to them it really does...................not a lot more I can add to that .............thinking of you xxYour daughter must be one very determined lady and you are justifiably proud of her :):)

That's awful Mandy! You dealt with the situation the best you could though. Thank goodness for that at least :bighug:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

so here i am on my jolly holidays, don't need to worry about exercise this week, there are 30 steps up to the shed and the holiday village is built on an incline of 20 %
the beach might only be 400 mts away but it 400 mts down this steep incline, ok going down but getting back :eek: i will be doing it by the end of the week, already climbed back up as far as the pub lol xxx

weather not to bad, but dog has been a bit of a pain barking even worse than normal, i have bought jer a thunderjacket today works on the principal of swaddling, it was £35 but has a 45 day money back guarantee so not losing anything if it doesn't work.

Right i am off to spend some time with Mr gray and a glass of pimms ( put fruit in it so its 1/3 SS :D)

have a lovely sunday folks xxx

Hahaha......that made me chuckle about the fruit
happy Monday and hope you and Mr Grey are enjoying
Cornwall

Hi Mandy.........hope you having a great break and relaxing as you deserve to :) hope the weather is kind to you too :) xx

well have to say today has been a trifle wet and the forcast suggests it will be like this all week:eek:

have had a really good day today, walked alround lands end, was really foggy but made it all so romantic xxx

then walked away along one of the cliff paths before sitting in a pub for just one drink :D

quite pleased with myself really cos i wouldn't have attempted so much walking in previous years, climbed some sand dunes yesterday but boy do my calfs hurt today.
hubby stills takes off with the dog and leaves me bimbling but i am happy doing that

hope you are all having a great day and its not too wet where you are xxxx

Back