how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

You've come so far. If you read back on your first few posts you'll realise just how far in 3 short months :)

Jackie that made me giggle about your phone :8855:

You've come so far. If you read back on your first few posts you'll realise just how far in 3 short months :)

Jackie that made me giggle about your phone :8855:
you have Mandy you really have :D

Tilly it was sooooooooooooooo embarassing. I honestly assumed silent meant silent..... shows how untechnical I am :eek:

jackie i would have done the same thing with the mobile phone:eek::D

you are one better than me cos i don't even know how to turn my alarm on:8855:

teen does most things tecnical for me, he does it very patronisingly but at least he doesn't lecture me like hubby does !( obviously thinks its not worth it :D)

:8855::8855:

Jackie and Tilly i do look at how far i have come but i do get a bit frustrated when i have a bad day and avoid doing things. thank you for your support xx

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer: woo hoo not even going to pretend i am not happy with this !!!
I have lost another 5 lb :D:bliss:

1lb to go to my 3 st shiney !!!!!!!!

been trying to work out what i have changed (apart from the scales:eek:)
and i think its because i am consistantly drinking 3 lts aday plus 2 cups of green tea, i upped my syns as per lo and lily's instructions and reduced my reliance on pasta potato and rice.

what ever it is i am really happy with it.
not going to rest on my laurels thougth, planning to keep on mixing it up so my metabolism hasn't a clue what to expect :D

broadsbean said:
:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer: woo hoo not even going to pretend i am not happy with this !!!

and i think its because i am consistantly drinking 3 lts aday plus 2 cups of green tea, i upped my syns as per lo and lily's instructions and reduced my reliance on pasta potato and rice.

not going to rest on my laurels thougth, planning to keep on mixing it up so my metabolism hasn't a clue what to expect :D

Wow Hunny!!!

I AM SOOOO PLEASED FOR YOU!!!

That's amazing!!

How many sins have you been having!?

I average 2 a day and I think I need to up them xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow Hunny!!!

I AM SOOOO PLEASED FOR YOU!!!

That's amazing!!

How many sins have you been having!?

I average 2 a day and I think I need to up them xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i average about 10 syns a day but have taken them to 15 a couple of times:eek:

Lo and Lily suggested i wasn't useing enougth so i decided to give it a go, cos it obviously works for them :D
and so far it seems to be working :D

have stayed with EE cos i can use more grains and pulses , they are really filling and seem to keep you full for longer :D

have a gym visit tomorrow so if i do join i will hopefully also increase my exercise.

My dad is coming with me cos he won't let me chicken out, already anxious and trying to find excuses not to go :eek:

:wee: :wee: :wee: what an amazing loss Mandy :D thats fantastic sweetie.

See how you feel tomorrow re the gym sweetheart. Take a few deep breaths slowly and off you go. That first time will always be the worst :bighug: after that it can only get easier :bighug:

remind me of that as I have a list of things I am anxious about as long as my arm (actually as long as you can see and more).... I always worry about meeting new people, going to new places, driving, everything really so I guess its no wonder Charlie is like she is... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pleasent day today, went to my parents for the afternoon. my aunt is clearing out my grandads house in order to put it on the market and allsorts of photos have appeared from years ago.
some of the fashions quite scary:eek:

what struck me about all off them, till i was about 13. is that i am not overweight:eek:, when people ask me that lovely question " have you always been big " i have always answered yes cos i have always thought i was:confused:

not sure why i did now, think it is probably because i started to develop before my older sister and took it as being fat and once i started to believe that it became a self fulfilling prophercy:rolleyes:

Funny isn't it how we develop these hang ups and the effect it has on us.:confused:

on a lighter note it was good having all the memories and laughing about things we got up to :D

todays food diary

Brunch syn free sausage, bacon, eggs mushrooms and 2 slices wm toast, banana

midafternoon 2 jaffa cakes(4 syns:D)

Tea turkey steak, roasted peppers, onions, mushrooms,courgette and tomato
fruit salad 0% yog with honey ( 2 syns )

well done for going out and for sticking to plan :D well proud of you :D :bighug:

I got terribly anxious today about Charlie's assembly, its so stupid, but I couldn't help it and felt ill all day and got it all worked up out of proportion all for 25 mins :rolleyes: Still feel rough but think its just bcuse I was so tense all day

Oh and my mobile went off in themiddle of it that didn't help . I put it on silent but didn't realise as I had an alarm set each day to remind me to stop work and go and get Charlie that still went off, whoops :giggle:

Good luck for WI sweetie and just wanted to say thank you for always being there for me xxxxx

Aw bless - sort of thing I would do too.

Though yesterday I did the opposite - dropped him at quarter to five for the school's hallow'een disco. My phone battery was really low so I turned it off so I could just turn it on every so often to check the time to make sure I got back for 6.30 when it finished. Went walking about the area, sitting at bus stops reading then turned my phone on as I was getting back to school at 6.20 and they'd been calling me since 5pm to tell me he'd freaked out about the disco and had been sitting in reception waiting for me to come back - then they told me I could have stayed for the disco, thought I needed a ticket but didn't have any money :eek::cry:

Oh my god - WOW!!!

Superwoman lol I hope the upping my water works for me too - I took a tip from you and I've got water bottles now to fill up in the mornings :)

i average about 10 syns a day but have taken them to 15 a couple of times:eek:

Lo and Lily suggested i wasn't useing enougth so i decided to give it a go, cos it obviously works for them :D
and so far it seems to be working :D

have stayed with EE cos i can use more grains and pulses , they are really filling and seem to keep you full for longer :D

have a gym visit tomorrow so if i do join i will hopefully also increase my exercise.

My dad is coming with me cos he won't let me chicken out, already anxious and trying to find excuses not to go :eek:

*grins* it's nice when advice we give works out for the best lol

pleasent day today, went to my parents for the afternoon. my aunt is clearing out my grandads house in order to put it on the market and allsorts of photos have appeared from years ago.
some of the fashions quite scary:eek:

what struck me about all off them, till i was about 13. is that i am not overweight:eek:, when people ask me that lovely question " have you always been big " i have always answered yes cos i have always thought i was:confused:

not sure why i did now, think it is probably because i started to develop before my older sister and took it as being fat and once i started to believe that it became a self fulfilling prophercy:rolleyes:

Funny isn't it how we develop these hang ups and the effect it has on us.:confused:

on a lighter note it was good having all the memories and laughing about things we got up to :D

todays food diary

Brunch syn free sausage, bacon, eggs mushrooms and 2 slices wm toast, banana

midafternoon 2 jaffa cakes(4 syns:D)

Tea turkey steak, roasted peppers, onions, mushrooms,courgette and tomato
fruit salad 0% yog with honey ( 2 syns )

Sounds like a lovely day :) I think photos of me after I was 10 are really rare :sigh: I know the family have always joked about me and food since I was small though and I tended to weigh the same in stones as my age in years until things crept higher that that in my teens :(

Did you go along for your gym visit? xx

Aw bless - sort of thing I would do too.

Though yesterday I did the opposite - dropped him at quarter to five for the school's hallow'een disco. My phone battery was really low so I turned it off so I could just turn it on every so often to check the time to make sure I got back for 6.30 when it finished. Went walking about the area, sitting at bus stops reading then turned my phone on as I was getting back to school at 6.20 and they'd been calling me since 5pm to tell me he'd freaked out about the disco and had been sitting in reception waiting for me to come back - then they told me I could have stayed for the disco, thought I needed a ticket but didn't have any money :eek::cry:
ohh bless him, i bet you felt awful:eek:
did he recover from it, disco's can be really loud can't they x

Oh my god - WOW!!!

Superwoman lol I hope the upping my water works for me too - I took a tip from you and I've got water bottles now to fill up in the mornings :)

cool, it really helps me remember:D

*grins* it's nice when advice we give works out for the best lol

it certainly seems to have only had a few yesterday so need to up it a bit today.
planning a vodka and demon coke tonight :eek: really don't drink that often so it feels like i am having a naughty treat:D

Sounds like a lovely day :) I think photos of me after I was 10 are really rare :sigh: I know the family have always joked about me and food since I was small though and I tended to weigh the same in stones as my age in years until things crept higher that that in my teens :(

daughter pointed out to me awhile ago that very few pictures exist of me with them as they have grown up. i have loads of pictures of them but only about 3 of me with them and i won't show them to anyone cos i am so ashamed:cry:

Did you go along for your gym visit? xx

i did :D took the anxiety meds before hand so was quite relaxed and prob gave more info than was necessary :eek:
And i joined :eek::eek::eek::eek:

have an induction session with them on sun:eek: also have a session booked with a personal trainer you get 3 free sessions with your membership but depending on the cost i may book more to guide me througth and make me do it:D

The really funny thing is that my dad ended up joining as well cos he liked the look of it :8855::8855:

now just need to find something to wear :eek:
Not sure they make gym kit in my size:eek:

You are amazing, glad the advice seems to have worked for you hunni wtg on your 5lb loss :winner: :woohoo:
I love looking back on old photos, I haven't got many of me as a kid though, every time my parents rowed my father tore up photos and there aren't many left lol...I think I have 1 of me as a baby and 1 or 2 as a teenager and then a couple of me at 17 and that's it ....funny cos I too always thought that I was a big child and it seems I wasn't until I reached 17 -18 I have a picture of me at 17 and I am a size 12-14, have added them to my profile cos it's a bit of fun to look back lol
Hope you've had a lovely day sweetie, speak soon xxxxxxxxxxx

food diary for today

B 3 slices of ww nimble with PB ( 5syns)

L didn't have any cos was at the gym:eek:
didn't feel hungry afterwards.

T pork pasta bake made using peppers mushrooms courgette and the pepper soup, i made earlier in the week as a sauce :D hexa of cheese on top
0% greek yog and honey (2 syns)

S 4 tiny amerreto biscuits (3 syns but sooo worth it :D) i measure of vodka I actually measured it :eek: 2 syns

thats this weeks pasta used as only going to have it once a week.
Realised it actually makes me feel bloated

so had 12 syns today and i think it was 5 yesterday, so so far this week

17/105 :D

I always feel bloated after rice and pasta too, I just saw your PB on toast for brekkie and decided that's what I am having in the morning, never thought I'd ever be able to have less than 2 tbsps on 1 slice but I find that 1 tbsp between 2 or 3 slices is more than enough, glad I listened to you and Lo...I have always loved it and was prepared to never have it again till you 2 said about it ...well I am off to bed had a long exciting day and am shattered, sweet dreams hun, :nightf: xxxxxx

i did :D took the anxiety meds before hand so was quite relaxed and prob gave more info than was necessary :eek:
And i joined :eek::eek::eek::eek:

have an induction session with them on sun:eek: also have a session booked with a personal trainer you get 3 free sessions with your membership but depending on the cost i may book more to guide me througth and make me do it:D

The really funny thing is that my dad ended up joining as well cos he liked the look of it :8855::8855:

now just need to find something to wear :eek:
Not sure they make gym kit in my size:eek:

Yay! Well done you brave thing you :D Is it a nice gym with a pool and stuff? I'd consider joining one if I had one like that near enough to me. It's getting there that would be a pain though and noone to go with :sigh:

Look forward to hearing your gym adventures - hope you get a nice trainer :D

I always feel bloated after rice and pasta too, I just saw your PB on toast for brekkie and decided that's what I am having in the morning, never thought I'd ever be able to have less than 2 tbsps on 1 slice but I find that 1 tbsp between 2 or 3 slices is more than enough, glad I listened to you and Lo...I have always loved it and was prepared to never have it again till you 2 said about it ...well I am off to bed had a long exciting day and am shattered, sweet dreams hun, :nightf: xxxxxx

:D It's good to talk ain't it? :D

We all so wise lol

Yay! Well done you brave thing you :D Is it a nice gym with a pool and stuff? I'd consider joining one if I had one like that near enough to me. It's getting there that would be a pain though and noone to go with :sigh:

Look forward to hearing your gym adventures - hope you get a nice trainer

:D It's good to talk ain't it? :D

We all so wise lol

once the drugs wore of i paniced a bit but the fact that my dad is joining me will be really good. he is newly retired and i think has taken me on as a project . but wants to lose some weight and strengthen his knees.
Gym looks lovely, all the usual machines and stuff, a pool, a hydropool, all the usual saunas soleriums etc and an internal 200m running/walking track.
membership gets you unlimited access to all facilities and access to all the classes etc they run. I also get 3 free sessions with a trainer:D

It is going to cost me £39.50 a month but thats just £10 a week so even if i go 2x a week its cheaper than going swimming at the local baths:eek:

seeing it as an investment into my future, i don't have your dedication lo and do exercise at home but not as much as i should:rolleyes:
don't want to end up with a skin suit over my new slinky body:8855::8855::8855::8855:

once the drugs wore of i paniced a bit but the fact that my dad is joining me will be really good. he is newly retired and i think has taken me on as a project . but wants to lose some weight and strengthen his knees.
Gym looks lovely, all the usual machines and stuff, a pool, a hydropool, all the usual saunas soleriums etc and an internal 200m running/walking track.
membership gets you unlimited access to all facilities and access to all the classes etc they run. I also get 3 free sessions with a trainer:D

It is going to cost me £39.50 a month but thats just £10 a week so even if i go 2x a week its cheaper than going swimming at the local baths:eek:

seeing it as an investment into my future, i don't have your dedication lo and do exercise at home but not as much as i should:rolleyes:
don't want to end up with a skin suit over my new slinky body:8855::8855::8855::8855:

"Skin suit" :eek: That's one of my worries too :8855:

Aws, wished I lived in Warrington now - you get a fancy gym and live near a big ikea and M&S lol And I'm not that dedicated yet, still have my can't be boogered nights :8855:

Well you don't pay for going to a SW group (you've got us on Minimins for free :D), so seems a good idea to invest in gym membership instead. It'll probably do your fitness and confidence the world of good :)

Hi Mandy, finally located your diary, sorry it's taken me so long!

Reading through it, all I can say is that you are a true inspiration, and to keep up the good work! It's funny, reading your post about the old family pictures, I have also always thought I was big (compared to my sister, who is a tiny little size 8, I'm huge) but last time I was at my Dad's house I looked through some old photos, and at the age of 15, which is the first time I remember looking at myself and deciding I was a disgrace, I was actually really slim. As you say, I think I started some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy there and then! :( How crazy is that??!!

At least I now know I can do something about it, and rather than starting some sort of fad diet, I am changing my whole life to a healthier one, as are you! :)

Keep writing, keep motivated and keep inspiring me! :)

Back