how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Awwww sorry you're having a crappy day :( I've just been playing Mario on the wii with my mum ( meant to be my boxing but I don't feel like doing that just yet!)

Hope you cheer up && have a better afternoon xxx

think i got out of bed on the wrong side this morning !! hubby has gone to work teen out with his gf, feeling a bit down, now this is my prob, i eat when i am down or bored or stressed. Today i have all 3 !! Need to go out to sort out daughters cake for sat and it has to be me no excuses ! already had a panic attack resulting in tingling to my lips, really need to get a grip of myself. I am writing it down inorder to try and straighten out my thoughts. Think i am going to go do some house work in order to distract myself x

Aww hope you feel better soon...doing the right thing writing it down, always helps if you see it in black and white, I think.
Take care and just remember how well you are doing ...still can't get over your amazing loss xx

well i wrote a really long post earlier about my days and completed my food diary and it got lost somewhere in cyberspace !:confused:
really don't feel like doing it again with my one finger typing so i'm not going to:D
i have stayed on plan and used 10 syns over the 2 days so think i should be ok. do need to up my water intake again ! cos i haven't really drunk a lot.
hope every body is having a good week x
mandy xx

well i wrote a really long post earlier about my days and completed my food diary and it got lost somewhere in cyberspace !:confused:
really don't feel like doing it again with my one finger typing so i'm not going to:D
i have stayed on plan and used 10 syns over the 2 days so think i should be ok. do need to up my water intake again ! cos i haven't really drunk a lot.
hope every body is having a good week x
mandy xx

Don't you just hate that, it always happens when I do long posts, so I usually cut and copy now so that iF it does go t*ts up, at least I can reinstate the page or sign in again, why does it sign you out if you spend more than a few minutes not doing anything or writing a long text?
Glad you're having a good day, I am a lot more positive this week too...hoping for a good loss next week, been putting on and taking off the same few pounds for weeks now..not good! lol
Have a great evening xx

Mandy just wanted to say hi and to offer you my support and best wishes for your weight loss journey. Those all important first steps you have made and it's onwards and upwards hun from here on in. Good luck and I look forward to following your success. Big hugs xxx

updating early today, before the choas starts, all the family home this weekend for daughters 21st, (am i really that old! :eek:)
She has been in germany for a year as part of her degree and has been home 2 weeks, thought her birthday was a good oppurtunity to have a welcome home party too. Luckily enougth most are staying at my mums cos she has much more room.
Every thing is arranged and i have some coping plans on hand cos i really can't let her down :sigh:
Not to worried about slipping of plan cos i don't normally eat at buffets any way so not a problem may use a few syns to have a glass of wine :D
i am planning to make a big pan of syn free chilli that i can dip into over the week end in order to make sure i am not hungry x
Food today :

B fruit salad and a muller yog

L mug shot with 3 slices of brown nimble (HEXB) and a dairy lea light triangle from HEXA

T fish beginning with tea (cant remember its name lol) with newpots green beans and carrots, s/f jelly (1 syn)
Already drunk 1lt of water so doing quite well today.

Hiya Mandy!:)

just wanted to say best of luck with the journey!:)
15lbs off in the first week is amazing!!!:D makes it all worth while doesnt it?!

Naomi!:)x

Hi Mandy just wanted to say good luck and well done!!! Hope you don't mind I'm going to follow your diary - can't wait to see how well you do x x

Just wanted to offer my support too. You're doing amazingly well and it gets much easier the longer it goes on...just becomes a way of life. I think it's important to get to the bottom of why you use food as a comfort and if you can work through that it might stop you turning to food should you have a bad day.

I started off in January at 29st 8lbs...and now 23st 7lbs and feeling so much better. Still heavy, still have a long way to go but just little things like mobility and smaller clothes are such moral boosters. I don't get out of breath at all when walking now and am just into size 26's instead of 32/34's, getting my waist back, double chin is nearly gone, ditched the boyfriend (I was in a bad relationship but didn't have the confidence to get out) and am a lot more active and am now looking for a job and doing volunteer work which is helping my confidence too.

Don't focus on the "whole thing"...losing 2/3 of your weight just seems a huge task. Break it down into mini goals. I set mine as 3 major goals of 5 stone each. Have completed my first big goal and am into my second now...but I do little goals in between too...such as each half a stone I get a new sticker...my next goal is to get into the 22's and then below 300lbs and to get my BMI under 50...so lots to be aiming for there. Once they're completed I'll set some new ones. I can't even think about being a size 12-14 yet.

If you have a bad day, don't beat yourself up about it. At your size your BMR calorie wise is in the 3000's. The bigger you are, the more calories you need just to run your body. To gain 1lb of fat you need to eat an EXTRA 3500 calories ON TOP OF your BMR rate. So if you fancy a bar of chocolate or have an extra couple of slices of toast...it's not that big a deal, it won't hamper you too much, you're not gonna put on loads, just think of it as a blip and move on. Losing this amount of weight will take time...expect slip ups along the way, sometimes even plan for them...give yourself the day off, eat a bit more than you would or plan a meal or night out.

My last tip would be...expect plateaus and don't let them beat you. When I had my first plateau it lasted nearly 3 weeks and I didn't lose anything. I was gutted...so much so I cried my eyes out all day and then had a binge. Since then I've had a lot of weeks where I don't lose. Do it all right but it just doesn't shift. The doctor said it's because my body is getting used to the losses and in the long run it's better as it gives the skin time to shrink back. Now if I don't lose, it doesn't really bother me because I know if I keep doing what I'm doing then eventually I'll have a good loss. I didn't get this big in a few months so I can't expect it gone that quick. Hopefully you won't have plateau's, but if you do, stick with it and ride them out.

Good luck!

Hi Mandy lovely to meet you. I have just been reading through your diary and wanted to offer you my support. Your first weight loss was incredible :happy096: Keep it up and we are all here for you for any kind of support you need. Hope your daughter's 21st party was a success (Happy Birthday to your daughter :birthday:)

Tally , thankyou that was wonderful advice i do sometimes look at it and feel daunted , but deep down i know if i really try i can do this.
The panic attacks are a new thing and they are currently my biggest problem. I work full time and have been off a fortnight now cos i really can't go. My Gp is being fab cos i have built a relationship up with them over the years and they know this new slightly loopy person is not me.
You are so right the weight didn't come on over night and i know it is emotional eating that has caused my problem. I also know it is not something i can fix overnight. when i have felt like this before i have never made it public to anybody, family or friends.
This time i have come clean and am building a network of support around me .
I expect slight derailments and in the past i have allowed these to win this time i am determined to win.
Your advice on plataues is something, i really needed cos they will really rock me but i can see your doctors reasoning.
Your loss so far is brilliant and it is talking to people who have started at this weight and are suceeding that is really spurring me on ,i feel at times that i am the only person in the world to weigh this much.
ok ramble over , thank you again xx

lily i hope your week is going better, you have done so well , i am sure you will continue to do so :D
can't wait to be in your shoes xx

cherry and daphane, thank you, yes i am on my way:D have my positive mental attitude fine tuned today lol !!

hope you are both having a good week too x

mandyx

Hi Mandy, thank you for your lovely comments.
Yeah my week is doing ok, just spent the day going over old plans and menu's to see if I could spot any problem areas and there they were....I haven't gone over my syns, I have eaten healthily, I have exercised and drunk my water, but what I haven't done is to watch the simple carbs I have put in my body, I know I have a problem with them so usually only really eat them once or twice a month, but noticed I had rice pudding nearly everyday last week, had pasta a few times too...they aren't good for me personally...where someone else can eat them with no worries, my body loves to feed off them and hold onto the weight, so I am cutting right back on them in future.
Everything that tally said is exactly how I feel and have said many times before... especially the bit about not putting it on overnight, so why would I expect to lose it overnight, I set myself a realistic weight loss of 1-2lbs a week when I started SW, I average just over 1.5lbs a week...I am good with that, over one year that is 5 and a half stone and who couldn't be happy losing that in a year.
So yes I am back on track and intend to remain that way and you my lovely will be where I am very shortly if you just stick with it and continue doing what you are doing. xx

Someone may have already said this for that I apologise but your experience at the supermarket sound so awful why don't you get you shopping delivered?? Avoid the stress temptation etc

It's not as expensive as people make out and it frees up precious time when your working.

Just catching up with your diary after my week away, WOW your first week result is brilliant!

Hope your daughter's birthday was lovely, best of luck for your next WI x

ok, that was a very busy weekend xx
not the best fronm a dieting point of view:break_diet: but really fab from a daughters 21st birthday point of view :D
I tried really hard to make good choices and on the whole suceeded but did slip up a couple of times :eek:
Starting a diet the week before a long arranged weekend of guests, parties,food and drink was probably not the best of ideas but hey she will only be 21 once xx
Tues is weigh in day and i only lost a pound :eek::confused::confused::eek: first thing this morning i was really disappointed but i have now put it into context and am fired up for this week with nothing in my way.
16lb in 2 weeks is certainly an achievement and with out being careful i could easily have gained over the weekend so i must have done some things right.
The plan for this week is to increase my water intake cos i certainly didn't drink enougth over the weekend.I also need to increase my fruit and veg intake again, cos a review of my diary for the weekend shows that for all i didn't eat any thing really bad (i even resisted birthday cake !!) i didn't eat enougth superfree food.
But as they say today is a new day xx
Todays food diary :

B gammon, scrabbled egg with mushrooms and tomatoes.

S banana and satsuma alpen light bar HEXb

T homemade beefburger, SW chips greenbeans carrots, yog.

i am also going to make some speed soup this evening for lunches for the week, the chopping if nothing else should provide me with some body magic lol xx
hope everybody is having a good week
Mandyx

Back