how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

You seem so focused, hope you get your loss you want this week, keep it up :)

hmm some how managed to post that before i was done rambling.
was going to mention my plan to increase activity cos i haven't been walking the dog as i normally would. so need to find an outlet managed it today with some vigerous house work. tomorrow i am going to take the dog out hubby is off so he can encourage me. determined to do this !!!!!

mandy xx

I love vigorous housework with the music blasting out and me dancing away to everyone's embarrassment but mine lol what a great way to achieve some more body magic lol
You're menu looks brilliant, it's fine not to eat syns some of the time, but you should make sure you use at least 5 a day as you body needs the fat as much as it needs all the other things that go into making a healthy diet
Oh and ramble away, I am all for rambling, I do loads of it myself lol xx

I love vigorous housework with the music blasting out and me dancing away to everyone's embarrassment but mine lol what a great way to achieve some more body magic lol
You're menu looks brilliant, it's fine not to eat syns some of the time, but you should make sure you use at least 5 a day as you body needs the fat as much as it needs all the other things that go into making a healthy diet
Oh and ramble away, I am all for rambling, I do loads of it myself lol xx

I love to ramble - it gives my OH a break to ramble amongst my like-minded rambly folk on here, I drive him mental at times lol

Hi Mandy -how are you doing? just taking the sting ,or trying to out of a panivc attack by rambelling on here
wish I could think why my digestion is paying me back -all down to nerves probably
I so know how you feel things got so bad for me I sleep with the landing light on and the curtains open,
trying to look at the plus points panic equals lost appetite,I do feel better just having typed this
look forward to hearing from you and how much you've lost

Last edited:
thought i'd come on for a ramble before lunch:D
I have made a large pan of lentil bacon and any veg in fridge soup for lunch:D
and even if i say so myself it is yummy packed with speed foods and totally free i can see this being lunch for the next few days.
I am finding making soup quite thereputic enjoying combineing things to see what they test like so far hubby has enjoyed all of them but the teen won't try them :rolleyes:, cos they look funny :rolleyes:
I have always worried about my kids weight but teen is very active cycles every where and uses the tredmill i have bought. He eats junk a lot but will also add veg to it lol, so can't really complain. keep telling him it will catch up with him one day but he just smiles and says no it won't cos i know your diet !!!!:sigh:

missed breakfast this morn cos didn't get up till 10.00:eek: so looking forward to lunch. will update a food diary later when i have decided on whats for tea xx hope you are all having a great dayxx

the soup was yummy:D:D:D
had a very large bowl which kept me satisfied all afternoon.
Tea was decided on late afternoon we have had a grill up
2 syn free sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, toms, mushrooms, scrambled eggs, potatoe cubes.
again feeling very full.
have grapes,and yog for later

Didn't walk the dog thougth:cry: couldn't quite bring myself to go out, hubby took her, she has forgiven me thougth cos is currently fast asleep at the side of me :)

have to make myself go out tomorrow, not been out since sunday:eek:.
on a plus side house is tidy :D
tomorrow is another day I will go out XXXX

you certainly will Mandy-round the block if nothing else!!!
so kn ow that feeling:happy096::happy096::character00115:

Mandy you are doing brilliantly :D proud of you :) 3lb loss is fab:)

As for going out. Set yourself up to succeed sweetie, so little steps, even if you literally walk to the end of the road and back, you have achieved what you set out to. Take it easy and you will get there :) xxxxx

Hi Mandy,
I love love love the lentil and bacon soup, very yummy ..mind you I love anything with lentils..Chicken dhansak is another favourite cos it has lentils, definitely better than any curry I have ever had from a take away.
Ditto what Jackie and Mazie said, I made myself housebound for years on end and even wrote a poem about it ...I will find it and post it on here for you (yes sometimes I get the urge to write poetry, started when I started having the panic attacks), but I go out now at every opportunity and you do have to start with baby steps for me it was initially to the front gate and back and then to the corner of the road and then around the green (we have a massive green directly outside my front gate) and then from there, took a while but it paid off in the end xx

Hi Mandy,
I found the poem and have copied it for you, when I was going through my worst time with the panic attacks and feeling really low and beating myself up over them, I sat and wrote this out and I look back now (I wrote it on 24/6/1996) and don't recognise who that woman was...hope you like it ...if like is the right word?

Freedom
I sit inside these 4 walls
I’m trying to find a way
To live my life more normally
I’ll try to, day by day

A prisoner it would seem
Hiding away from the world
In my head, I want to scream

Locked up, but with no key
The only chains that I need
Are trapped inside of me

I have to break away
But will I ever make it?
What is the price I’ll pay?

Getting older day by day
If I don’t make the effort
I’ll surely fade away

It’s easier to sit back
And make the excuses for
The confidence I so lack

I’m certain, I’ve made up my mind
I’ll venture out today
Who knows what I will find

I’m sad and full of sorrow
I didn’t make it out today
But I know I’ll do it for sure, tomorrow!!

I don't do much with lentils 'cause I'm not sure about cooking them - do you just bung them in your soup or do they need soaking? Sounds very nice!

What kind of dog do you have Mandy? I really want to get a puppy - the plan was I'd get one for christmas instead of an engagement ring from the OH (as we would have lived together for a year then, that took nearly five years though lol). Think I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer though 'cause of money stuff. I can't decide between a springer spaniel or a shih-tzu - although I love airedales too, they look so sad I just want to hug them!

Lily42uk do you have a recipe for the chicken dhansak? I love lamb rogan josh from an old sw freebie booklet but it'd be nice to have another option for curry night!

My first week

Hi guys
Well I lost 3 stone back in 2008 and it's all gone back on plus another 13lbs! Lol thankfully down to being blissfully happy in a relasionship and eating to much!
I went for my weigh in tonight and feel optimistic but it's daunting to think im going to be doing this for a long time,I kept looking on here and u all look very friendly so I thought I'd give it a go,anyone got any good tips for good first week
Thanks a lot in advance
Laura x

Lily42uk do you have a recipe for the chicken dhansak? I love lamb rogan josh from an old sw freebie booklet but it'd be nice to have another option for curry night!

Lentils should be at least rinsed and then I would just cook them.
Here is the recipe for the chicken dhansak...it';s a big favourite in out house, obviously you adjust it to how hot you like it from the recipe xx

Chicken Dhansak
400g red lentils, rinsed
2 carrots chopped
½ swede diced
1 medium/large potato diced
1 onion diced
400g can of chopped tomatoes
Fry Light
1 tsp turmeric
Salt and pepper
1-2 inch piece of root ginger or 2 tsp ground ginger
3 cloves garlic
Another tsp turmeric
2tbs of madras or any other curry powder
½ -1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp chilli’s
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sweetner
4 chicken breasts, diced and fried in fry light
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Place the carrots, lentils, swede, onion and 1st tsp of turmeric in a pan with the salt and add enough water to cover the ingredients by about an inch over the top. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
Add the tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes, blend and then set aside.
Cook the chicken in fry light and set aside.
Spray a large pan or wok with fry light, place over a medium heat and add the spices, cook for 30 seconds and add the ginger, lemon juice, garlic, and sweetener and stir together. Add the lentils and blended veg mix and then the chicken and cook on a low heat for about 30 minutes.

FREE ON EE

Hi guys
Well I lost 3 stone back in 2008 and it's all gone back on plus another 13lbs! Lol thankfully down to being blissfully happy in a relasionship and eating to much!
I went for my weigh in tonight and feel optimistic but it's daunting to think im going to be doing this for a long time,I kept looking on here and u all look very friendly so I thought I'd give it a go,anyone got any good tips for good first week
Thanks a lot in advance
Laura x

Hi Laura and :welcome:,
We are a friendly bunch hun, and tips for every week not just your first, would be follow the plan, drink plenty of water, use your syns (at the very least 5 a day, I find the more I eat in syns the more weight I lose obviously without going over), vary your meals and exercise, it's a winning plan for sure, good luck hun xx

lily your poem is wonderful, it made me cry cos it sums it up so well it is exactly how I feel.
I look at you and listen to all your advice and just know i can do this
if you don't mind i am going to print it out and put it with my inspirational pieces i have started compiling on a board in the kitchen.
i know i can get over this but your support has been wonderful
thankyou xx

Hi Laura and :welcome:,
We are a friendly bunch hun, and tips for every week not just your first, would be follow the plan, drink plenty of water, use your syns (at the very least 5 a day, I find the more I eat in syns the more weight I lose obviously without going over), vary your meals and exercise, it's a winning plan for sure, good luck hun xx

I definitely agree with the using syns, it sounds so wrong doesn't it that using more can equal better losses but it seems that way for me too. I suppose it's not true for everyone but definitely don't be afraid to experiment with them :)

Good luck and welcome Laura - get stuck in with minimins and it'll really help you get into the swing of sw things :D

Mandy you can do this :D we are all here for you and all here to encourage you and help you. Lily thats a fab poem. I went through a stage like this when I lost my Dad, then again when I got 'carla. as she was so difficult to walk as so 'unique'... but I've pretty much over come it now. Little steps. Just go out the door up the path and come back sweetie. Each time you do it it will get easier and your confidence with grow and just remember you are never alone sweetheart cos all of us are with you at all times xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back