how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Thinking of you tomorrow hun. Take some slow deep breaths. You can do this and remember we are all there holding your hand :bighug:

Hard re your Grandad's house. End of an era kind of thing :( I am glad you have alovely reminder which will bring happy memories every single day :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mandy - have been AWOL for a while, but just want to wish you all the best for tomorrow - I have spent a lot of time 'practicing' meetings in front of a mirror and would thoroughly recomend it! (Randomly) I started doing that after watching 'Cool Runnings' - Great 'feel good' movie for a movie night to boost your mood, although I always end up balling my eyes out when I watch it!

quickly cos off to my meeting :eek:

in positive confident mode:rolleyes:

i lost a 1lb not brilliant but again better than i was expecting

low carbs this week to give me a boost i think :D

:woohoo: Yay go you, never doubted you for a second, like I said you are a lot more confident than you give yourself credit .
Amazing woman, wtg on the heels, now I know I couldn't wear heels again even if my psoriasis would allow...I am so damn proud of you lady :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OOops in all the excitement I nearly forgot, wtg on your 1lb loss...I am exactly the same with carbs (except potatoes, seem to be able to eat them as and when), another 1lb closer to your goal :bliss: xxxxxxxxx

Hi Mandy, I posted in your diary back in August, when you first started your journey and have just checked in again and can't believe that you are the same person! The difference in you in just three months is staggering. Just wanted to say well done to you for a fab 3 stone loss and for the way you are dealing with other issues.

I am in awe of you xx

Oh and Lo, no we have Lily the Iron Lady, Jackie the Pod woman, Mandy the Guru and Lo our Masterchef :giggle: xxxx

Oh great, I finally get to join a Super Hero team and I end up as the canteen lady :8855:

oh my god, one of the mood hoovers followed me :eek::eek::eek:

how annoying is that !!!!!

I thought the night people from Tilly's work had come to get you :8855::8855:

quickly cos off to my meeting :eek:

in positive confident mode:rolleyes:

i lost a 1lb not brilliant but again better than i was expecting

low carbs this week to give me a boost i think :D

Well done on the loss Mandy - not far off that next shiny :D

I did it :D:D:D:D:D:D

I was confident and articulate, didn't babble and only shook a little :D:D:D

gosh i am glad that is over, but it gave me a real boost and I am not as nervous today yeah xxxx

thankyou lovely ladies your support has been a BIG help xxxxxx

ohh yes i forgot to say, I put my shoes with heels on today i normally only wear when tipsy cos scared of walking in them:eek:

I can walk in them they are comfortable and i felt really tall :D:D:D:D

so good day all round, hope everybody elses is xxxx

So proud of you for handling your work meeting so well. I'm sorry I wasn't here to wish you luck yesterday :eek: Thanks for the support you gave me while I was down in the dumps xxxxx

Last edited:
Lo you're not just a canteen lady you are John Torode and Gregg Wallace all rolled into one my lovely and that makes you not only a great superhero but a celebrity one too :giggle:

Just caught up on the events over the pasts day or so Mandy - well done on everything!!!! :D :D :D

Good on you hun, so proud! :) xx

Hi Mandy, I posted in your diary back in August, when you first started your journey and have just checked in again and can't believe that you are the same person! The difference in you in just three months is staggering. Just wanted to say well done to you for a fab 3 stone loss and for the way you are dealing with other issues.

I am in awe of you xx

thank you xx

I am sure at the beginning i said that this was not like me, the real me is emerging and i feel so much better. A combination of medication, counselling and tremendous support both by family and on here, has pulled me up and put me back together :D:D

I am currently on my way up and on my way down :rotflmao:

Thank you lovely ladies, I really apprieciate your support:D

The meeting has affected my entire day, i have felt really confident and positive. I am going to try and take myself in to town tomorrow its a secret you guys:eek:
I haven't mentioned it to anybody so if i don't go i won't have to admit it :eek:

had carbs today but am going to drop potatoes and pasta and rice for a week again cos i could do with a boost.

Addie had a comment on her diary the other day that really made me think and put weight loss into porportion,

It was that in a years time i won't remember a particular weeks loss or gain, i will remember the number of stones i have lost.
It really made me think of the bigger picture :D and made me stop stressing about each indivdual weeks loss. As long as i keep going down it doesn't matter:D:D:D

so thank you addie xxxxx

Lo you're not just a canteen lady you are John Torode and Gregg Wallace all rolled into one my lovely and that makes you not only a great superhero but a celebrity one too :giggle:

I don't know who they are (being isolated from the world in my hermitude :D). Do they swear at sausages like me? :8855:

Thank you lovely ladies, I really apprieciate your support:D

The meeting has affected my entire day, i have felt really confident and positive. I am going to try and take myself in to town tomorrow its a secret you guys:eek:
I haven't mentioned it to anybody so if i don't go i won't have to admit it :eek:

had carbs today but am going to drop potatoes and pasta and rice for a week again cos i could do with a boost.

Addie had a comment on her diary the other day that really made me think and put weight loss into porportion,

It was that in a years time i won't remember a particular weeks loss or gain, i will remember the number of stones i have lost.
It really made me think of the bigger picture :D and made me stop stressing about each indivdual weeks loss. As long as i keep going down it doesn't matter:D:D:D

so thank you addie xxxxx

It was a great comment, most wisdomly :)

Glad you've had a lovely positive day. Good luck for your potential town adventure tomorrow :D Whcih Town be your 'town'? Think the xmas lights went on in Manchester today so will have to go in soon to take m'son to see them and go on the xmas markets (dutch cookies mmmm). I need to go to take a picture of the stupid father christmas lights that look like Zippy from Rainbow if they've put him up on the town hall again this year lol

Hey Mandy, I love that comment from Addie's diary, and as someone who has just this week completed my first year I can totally agree with it, I know that over this past year, due to my steroids mostly, I have gained some 15 times, but I have also lost very nearly 6 st and that's amazing...it took me 2 years to lose the other 6st 4lbs that I lost, but even so I look back on my weight at my heaviest and wonder who the heck that woman was lol...so keep up the good work hunni, if you can lose 3st in 3 months, just imagine how much that will be in a year :bighug: xxxxxxx

Oh and Lo, John Torode and Gregg Wallace are the 2 guys that judge Masterchef UK, John Torode is in fact a very high class chef in his own right. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Mandy, I love that comment from Addie's diary, and as someone who has just this week completed my first year I can totally agree with it, I know that over this past year, due to my steroids mostly, I have gained some 15 times, but I have also lost very nearly 6 st and that's amazing...it took me 2 years to lose the other 6st 4lbs that I lost, but even so I look back on my weight at my heaviest and wonder who the heck that woman was lol...so keep up the good work hunni, if you can lose 3st in 3 months, just imagine how much that will be in a year :bighug: xxxxxxx

Oh and Lo, John Torode and Gregg Wallace are the 2 guys that judge Masterchef UK, John Torode is in fact a very high class chef in his own right. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm looking forward to seeing where we'll all be this time next year :)

Ah, I only saw a few eps of the original Masterchef - that Lloyd Grossman really used to annoy me lol

I should emerge from my shell and have a look at the tv once in a while, paying out every month for sky and the only person who watches it is m'son for the kids and music channels :rolleyes:

Though I hear the Great British Bake-off may have been a good one to miss since everything looked too nice so not watching tv has some benefits, keeps me out of temptation's way :D

lo, town is actually warrington, has a reasonable shopping center and a small market. usually go to manchester for the christmas markets will need a flexi syn that day, birminghams is good too.

last year i went to munich and that was fabulous they have a huge international market which took all day to get round.
It was really cold -10 degrees so had to have lots of gluwein :D:D:D

managed town spent about 2 1/2 hours just wondering around, didn't see anybody i knew :D

realised it is about 7 months since i last went into town, lots of changes to the shops some new, and some big names gone :eek:

Was in town at 11.00 o'clock and it was lovely to see the town center come to a stand still.

will pop back later to do a food diary, already have tea in the slow cooker :D

Mandy so so many positive things here :D so proud of you sweetie. Well done going to town :eek: I am very impressed :) :bighug:

its amazing actually, I'm a little behind and just go back 2 or 3 pages and write down the positives sweetie, its amazing and so are you :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back