how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Hey sweetie, could have sworn I read that you were returning to work on the 5th...oh well I am a bit senile at times so can be forgiven I hope :giggle:
Sounds like you've done the best thing doing the shopping online and just putting off plan days behind you.
I always lost really well when I set meal plans and today for the first time in ages I have done that too...had a planned week off plan last week and now today I am back and really focused, just hope the Christmas temptations don't get a hold of me though lol
Like you I would rely on others, (not hubby as he has always been skinny) to help me along the path of weight loss, but I decided this time I had to do it alone and no matter what anyone did I would still continue and as it has been in the past they have all stumbled, given up or not bothered and I am back on my Jack Jones, so that's what I am doing and I know all you guys my online friends and support group will give me everything that I need and can't get from those that started this journey with me.
So keep up the good work lovely, your return to work will be fine I am sure, you are so much stronger than you think you are and more importantly you are AMAZING, don't you ever forget that
Have a lovely day sweetie xxxxxxx

lily you are not going mad, my sick note has ran out and i am technically back at work, but i am doing a graduated return so am only working 2 days this week, 3 next week etc till i get back to 5.
I used to work 3 long days 7 am till 8 pm
but am now going to work 5, 8 hour days instead:D (like normal people :eek:)
In typical fasion most of my shifts are at the weekend cos i have no social life so will obviously work weekends :eek::eek:
Think they may be in for a shock as i am going to stop being so obliging.
My christmas off duty is pretty pants really, but it always is cos i just don't say any thing. I am working christmas day, boxing day, the bank holiday and then newyears eve and the bank holiday.
out of the main days i have christmas eve and new years day off :(:(.
last year i had christmas day off and worked everything else !!!!!
I normally do the off duty but the girl who has done it while i have been off wants to carry on and i am more than happy to let her :D

that sounded like a winge and it wasn't intended too:eek: it was really just me reflecting on one of the changes i have to make :)

ok food for yesterday cos need to record it to keep me on track :D

B porridge with honey hexb and (2 syns)

L prawn salad pitta ( 7 syns for pitta 2 syns for lf dressing ) muller yog

T beef and barly stew (one third veg )

S packet of cheese curls (5 syns)

slightly over on syns today total of 16 for the day.

todays food

B pb on toast (hexb and 5 syns)

L egg and chips (lf mayo 2 syns) fresh apricots

T pork in bbq sauce (4 syns) butternut squash and cabbage.

S pear, persimmion fruit.

11 syns for the day :D:D:D will add if use any more but hopefully won't

finally feel in control again.
might have been bad with food but have really taken to walking since the begining of the month i have wallked and been to the gym for over 8 hours so far. trying to get to 40 hours this month, which makes me giggle cos never thought it possible :giggle:

lily you are not going mad, my sick note has ran out and i am technically back at work, but i am doing a graduated return so am only working 2 days this week, 3 next week etc till i get back to 5.
I used to work 3 long days 7 am till 8 pm
but am now going to work 5, 8 hour days instead:D (like normal people :eek:)
In typical fasion most of my shifts are at the weekend cos i have no social life so will obviously work weekends :eek::eek:
Think they may be in for a shock as i am going to stop being so obliging.
My christmas off duty is pretty pants really, but it always is cos i just don't say any thing. I am working christmas day, boxing day, the bank holiday and then newyears eve and the bank holiday.
out of the main days i have christmas eve and new years day off :(:(.
last year i had christmas day off and worked everything else !!!!!
I normally do the off duty but the girl who has done it while i have been off wants to carry on and i am more than happy to let her :D

that sounded like a winge and it wasn't intended too:eek: it was really just me reflecting on one of the changes i have to make :)

Morning sweetie, firstly it doesn't sound like a whinge at all, it sounds like someone who has finally realised they are sick of being a doormat and has decided to stand up and say so and I for one say GOOOO MANDY ...Christmas does sound pants to be honest, but I am sure that in the future you'll let them know that you're not so willing to lay down and let them walk all over you. This is defintely what the last few months have been about for you, you're discovery of you...it really is weird how our lives have walked the same lines....if you had "met" me just 15 years or so ago, I was the doormat, wouldn't say no for fear of upsetting everyone even though it really upset me and my family...but like you I went on a journey of discovery and let's just say my kids and friends now call me The B*tch, not cos I'm nasty cos I'm really not, but because now it's on my terms and I give what I want to give and only give if I get the respect i deserve first, now for 35+ years of my life that wasn't me at all and do you know what, I think that's why I am finding it easier to lose weight now, cos I actually like this me...I hated the old doormat and I am so glad she's gone forever.
I have been meaning to tell you a little story that happened about 18 months ago and it was like my journey suddenly reached the point where I knew I was finding myself.
I was with Mal and we had parked the car and were walking to the doctors surgery and right outside the surgery is a bus stop. There were 3 teenage lads and as I walked past I heard them talking about me, taking the mick and laughing, now normally I would have walked past and been upset and embaressed, but I actually stopped, went up to them and asked them why they were laughing at me, why they thought it was ok to take the mick and told them they knew nothing about me and just assumed I was a fat pig, then proceeded to tell them about my diabetes, my underactive thyroid, my accident and in the end they apologised and to this day when I see them they always say hello and I am proud of myself for doing that, I was shaking like a leaf at the time, partly from fear but mostly from anger but I was so happy I'd done it and it really helped me to move on and get to like me and to really realise that people really are just ignorant.
Anyway that's enough of me going on lol...sorry to waffle but just seemed right to tell you that.
Have a lovely day hunni xxxxx :bighug: xxxxx

gosh you are doing well with exercise Mandy. I just don't enjoy any exercise. Don't even enjoy walking princess barky knickers at the moment as a) its blooming cold b) she pulls like a steam train all the way to the park :giggle:

well done on not allowing them to use you as a door mat anymore :D go Mandy :wee: :wee: :wee: they will wonder what has hit them

Which days are you working this week sweetie? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hmm challenging day, been to leeds uni with teen to help him choose his first choice. He now has offers from manchester, loughborough and nottingham so will be doing this a few more times yet !! I was a bit panicy on the way but managed to talk myself down.
It was really crowded and i felt really out of my depth. Lots of parents asking lots of questions. sat througth a course overview lecture :confused: still have no idea what they were talking about but teen did :sigh:

It is really odd seeing him in this setting he looked the part :eek:
he is 18 tomorrow so i think i am feeling old:giggle:
Don't remember feeling like this when becca turned 18 but i probably did but was busier :rolleyes:

food not so good today as very hard to find anything healthy and i can't really eat in front of strangers any way :eek:

managed to fit in at least an hours walking with lots of stairs so not all bad :D

chinese buffet tomorrow night, but have a plan for this its a really easy one to manage :D have soup planned for lunch and will have a bowl before i go out as well so i won't be really hungry :D.

Morning sweetie, firstly it doesn't sound like a whinge at all, it sounds like someone who has finally realised they are sick of being a doormat and has decided to stand up and say so and I for one say GOOOO MANDY ...Christmas does sound pants to be honest, but I am sure that in the future you'll let them know that you're not so willing to lay down and let them walk all over you. This is defintely what the last few months have been about for you, you're discovery of you...it really is weird how our lives have walked the same lines....if you had "met" me just 15 years or so ago, I was the doormat, wouldn't say no for fear of upsetting everyone even though it really upset me and my family...but like you I went on a journey of discovery and let's just say my kids and friends now call me The B*tch, not cos I'm nasty cos I'm really not, but because now it's on my terms and I give what I want to give and only give if I get the respect i deserve first, now for 35+ years of my life that wasn't me at all and do you know what, I think that's why I am finding it easier to lose weight now, cos I actually like this me...I hated the old doormat and I am so glad she's gone forever.
I have been meaning to tell you a little story that happened about 18 months ago and it was like my journey suddenly reached the point where I knew I was finding myself.
I was with Mal and we had parked the car and were walking to the doctors surgery and right outside the surgery is a bus stop. There were 3 teenage lads and as I walked past I heard them talking about me, taking the mick and laughing, now normally I would have walked past and been upset and embaressed, but I actually stopped, went up to them and asked them why they were laughing at me, why they thought it was ok to take the mick and told them they knew nothing about me and just assumed I was a fat pig, then proceeded to tell them about my diabetes, my underactive thyroid, my accident and in the end they apologised and to this day when I see them they always say hello and I am proud of myself for doing that, I was shaking like a leaf at the time, partly from fear but mostly from anger but I was so happy I'd done it and it really helped me to move on and get to like me and to really realise that people really are just ignorant.
Anyway that's enough of me going on lol...sorry to waffle but just seemed right to tell you that.
Have a lovely day hunni xxxxx :bighug: xxxxx

i actually think that liking yourself is the most important factor lily. That is definetly what i am learning. I am almost there i definetly have days where i like myself, I think my problem as well is believing in myself and seeing what others apparently see in me .

Well done in standing up for yourself.
I have never understood why people feel they can comment on others and make judgements.
Its certainly something i would murder my children for it :eek:

gosh you are doing well with exercise Mandy. I just don't enjoy any exercise. Don't even enjoy walking princess barky knickers at the moment as a) its blooming cold b) she pulls like a steam train all the way to the park :giggle:

well done on not allowing them to use you as a door mat anymore :D go Mandy :wee: :wee: :wee: they will wonder what has hit them

Which days are you working this week sweetie? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

libby used to really pull but is actually quite good now. over the last few weeks since i started walking her again i have actually got total recall on her:eek::eek::D:D:D

I am working fri on a late and sat on an early. can't say i am looking forward to it but don't feel as bad as i thought i would but have kept myself really busy to prevent me getting up tight :rolleyes:

Hey sweetie, liking or loving yourself is the most important thing, if you don't like you then how do you expect anyone else to, cos you'll be giving off negative vibes.
As Tilly said it's not being selfish, I don't think you'd have a selfish bone in your body, it's because it's your diary and even on others diaries you are trying to encourage and give examples there are no other words to replace I .
Well done for making it to Leeds, I don't believe you'll have any probs with returning to work Friday if you can do that....we are all so proud of you hunni :hug99: and wish you loads and loads of luck xxxxxxx

ok i changed my mind and have weighed myself glad i did cos i have lost 2lb:D:D:D

must be the walking doing it :D:D

i will get my 4 st by christmas i am determined.

don't really know what i have done on the curvy challange cos my numbers don't add up for some reason:confused::confused:
not sure if these are wrong or if the curvys are but i will sort it out after the challange finishes :)

ok the no alcohol thing was a lie :eek::eek:
i have had 3 glasses of wine and for some reason it has gone straight to my head :eek:
not sure returning to work after 4 months with a hangover is my best idea ever but hey, its not normal for me so should make them realise i have changed.

must tell you all this cos it has really made me laugh. most of the chinese we have been to tonight was booked out to the local sw class, it is one i have been to in the past so i recognised a few people :D:D Teen was listening to a couple saying they would regret this next wed and said he was almost tempted to tell them to drink lots of water and stay 100% on plan and they would be fine:8855: obviously i don't need to worry about him :D

food not too bad really skipped the fried stuff on the whole, and filled up on veg its a buffet style resturant where you select the raw ingredients and they cook it for you didn't have a dessert.
teen has had a few drinks but is nowhere near drunk :D we have a party on sat cos my neice was 18 on tues aswell so we shall see how that goes xxx

also walked the mile and a half home at my 6 foot husbands and sons pace so i get points for that xxxx :D

Hey sweetie, just came to wish you loads and loads of luck for your return to work, not that you'll need it, you are an amazing woman and I can't believe how far you have come in such a short time. You'll be fine at work I'm sure, can't wait to hear how it went :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxx

Back