how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Good luck! You can do it :)

M x

good evening all xx

had a really usy couple of days, family wise, doing 3 13 hr shifts from now on so thought i would have more time :confused:

think we just need to get settled in to a routine :rolleyes:

food not too bad and have een to the gym again had a gain so i have cleared my stats and started all over again completly
feeling very focused i will not allow myself to drift back, It is a yr next week since i first developed anxiety and panic disorder, i haven't completly got over it but i will :D
every day is a new day, and i need to treat each as such this is a long hard attle against noody but ny self and it is one i will win.

working tomorrow but i am planning to write a list of things i have achieved in this year.

I have decided to celebrate my birthday next week. Going to look at it as a positive new start so will feel my stats back in on that day.

hope everybody has had a good day xxxx

Evening Mandy, glad to see you have posted :) you did mention before you went away that you were doing long shifts now in an effort to have more time at home............hope it works out OK for you :):) Like you say adopting a routine is key. Will it be the same 3 days every week or will they float about a bit depending on staffing levels??

I think focusing on each day as a new day is a good idea and may even adopt it myself, I used to do that a long tiime ago and marked each day off on the wall calendar and was great seeing it visually :):)

When is your birthday next week?

Evening Mandy, glad to see you have posted :) you did mention before you went away that you were doing long shifts now in an effort to have more time at home............hope it works out OK for you :):) Like you say adopting a routine is key. Will it be the same 3 days every week or will they float about a bit depending on staffing levels??

I think focusing on each day as a new day is a good idea and may even adopt it myself, I used to do that a long tiime ago and marked each day off on the wall calendar and was great seeing it visually :):)

When is your birthday next week?

it will be differant every week this week i am doing tues, fri, sun, next week mon, fri, sat only ever have 2 together cos three is two much.
last few days just busy cos, i haven't felt to good (lady things:sigh:) and my elderly aunt not been to well either. Sadly i think she is on the slippery slope down, she will be 91 on tuesday and there is nothing specific wrong, she is just not right in her self and i can see her slipping away very slowly. old age is not a kind thing.

we have taken the decision to have a policy of minimal intervention, it was very hard to do but at the end of the day her body and mind are giving up and it seems cruel to keep bouncing her to the hospital for them to send her back again cos there is nothing acutely wrong :sigh:

I really don't want to get to my 90's :(

it is my birthday a week on sun the 29th, its also the day daughter jets of for her new life in germany :D
She is going to flat share and the flat they are moving in to looks lovely. main land europe have a much better standard of rental accomodation.

sure its your birthday this weekend dawn so happy birthday xxxx

will e popping into your diary to say it properly :D

I know what you mean Mandy....getting into your 90's is okay
if your spritely and healthy-ish
but if your in ill health I think .....I sooner not
Happy Friday Mandy x

feeling all motivated at the moment because i just watched a program about a 40 st women and an 80 st man :D

The woman was losing weight having had a gastric bypass, the guy using diet alone it was very interesting. struck a few cords with me, but also reinforced that i can do this. The lady lost all her weight in 18 mths but with a really restricted life style and days of being unable to eat at all due to nausea, The guy using diet alone managed to lose 30 % in 2 years, but considering at least 5-6st of his weight was due to lympodeama his actually wt loss % was probably higher.

It reinforced to me that surgery is not an option for me, the thought of being nauseas every day for the rest of my life depresses me more than being obese :sigh:

diet alone combined with lifestyle changes and actually living a life is definetly my road forward, i need to accept it will be slow and just continue to plod i am 12% lighter than i was a yr ago.
Does it matter if it takes me 5 yrs, why do i feel it should happen over night, it certainly didn't come on over night.

So today my decision is not to focus on how much i have to lose and how long it is going to take, because it's doing that that holds me back. I start to think "well this isn't worth, it why bother"

Instead i am going to look at the positives,(been reading your diary again jackie:giggle:)

!2% in a yr is 60% in 5 yrs which is my goal, hopefully it won't take me 5 yrs but if it does it does.
the aim is to finish every yr with % loss.
I am going to continue going to class, and chip away

I am following the scenic scenic route :D

so head in the game, back into daily updates and focusing on me instead of everybody else.

my new mantra

I AM WORTH IT xxxx

What a fab post!

Yes you're worth it :)

I truly believe hat you have to be ready to lose weight, like alcoholism or any addiction. Las year I was finally ready. After being the big girl for most of my life. I decided it was time.

I too am a plodder. It's more fun I think ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

feeling all motivated at the moment because i just watched a program about a 40 st women and an 80 st man :D

The woman was losing weight having had a gastric bypass, the guy using diet alone it was very interesting. struck a few cords with me, but also reinforced that i can do this. The lady lost all her weight in 18 mths but with a really restricted life style and days of being unable to eat at all due to nausea, The guy using diet alone managed to lose 30 % in 2 years, but considering at least 5-6st of his weight was due to lympodeama his actually wt loss % was probably higher.

It reinforced to me that surgery is not an option for me, the thought of being nauseas every day for the rest of my life depresses me more than being obese :sigh:

diet alone combined with lifestyle changes and actually living a life is definetly my road forward, i need to accept it will be slow and just continue to plod i am 12% lighter than i was a yr ago.
Does it matter if it takes me 5 yrs, why do i feel it should happen over night, it certainly didn't come on over night.

So today my decision is not to focus on how much i have to lose and how long it is going to take, because it's doing that that holds me back. I start to think "well this isn't worth, it why bother"

Instead i am going to look at the positives,(been reading your diary again jackie:giggle:)

!2% in a yr is 60% in 5 yrs which is my goal, hopefully it won't take me 5 yrs but if it does it does.
the aim is to finish every yr with % loss.
I am going to continue going to class, and chip away

I am following the scenic scenic route :D

so head in the game, back into daily updates and focusing on me instead of everybody else.

my new mantra

I AM WORTH IT xxxx

Love this post Mandy
and you cetainly are worth it ;)

Loved your most recent post hun :bighug:

You most definitely are worth it (like they say on the L'oreal ads lol)

My aunty had the gastric bypass done this year and I honestly think she was really silly to do so because she was losing weight through dieting, so why couldn't she carry on? But I'm the same as you - surgery is most definitely not an option for me.

Hope the past couple of days have gone well xxx

Morning Mandy, love your positive post :) We all want to lose weight overnight as we want to see results NOW, but the reality is that it takes time and I saw a post in Kally's thread that said about taking the scenic route and even stopping off for a picnic or a B&B stay along the way and I thought what a fantastic way of looking at it all. If we are "on plan" the majority of the time, then we will lose the weight and like you said it has to be a lifestyle change not a diet for a short period of time. None of us can ever go back to our old habits if we want the weight to stay off and all the books will tell you that losing it slowly is the way to do it successfully, so heres to a % loss for all of us at the end of the year :):):)

the sun has got its hat on :character00238::character00238::character00238:

Its been lovely here today, was for the last 2 days but i was at work:badmood:

have 3 days off now, been swimming this morning and really enjoyed it planning to go again in the morning and to walk the doggy I have been slipping on that a bit, the longer evenings have bought out all the yobs around here so i have been avoiding it:confused:

son has decided that now he is gainfully employed he will take me out for my birthday:faint2:

off for a catch up xxx

:bighug: I avoid going for walks during the summer too for exactly the same reason, I'm not sure how feasible it is, but do you have any country parks nearby you could walk the dog in? The yobs will be less likely to be hanging around there.

Awwwww that'll be a nice treat for your birthday :D I take it it was a bit of a shock? ;)

that actually sounds a lot like my brother :giggle:

hope you have a great day and get to enjoy the sunshine :D

been for a lovely swim again this morning and then a long walk :eek: not stopped till now xx so lots of bodymagic for me :D

done the shopping so lots of yummy syn free food in so ready for my new start :fingerscrossed:

will document start wt on mon after my weekend excesses (eating out twice in the next couple of days so don't want to include that !!!!)

soup ingredients at the ready and lots of lovely fresh fruit tea all sorted for tonight and plans made for when i am at work :D

positive vibes flowing and hubby on board

WATCH OUT AUGUST HERE I COME !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back