How do you make your shakes/soups

Was this helpfull?

• Total voters
Oh and very occassionally I will heat up a shake in a saucepan and it makes it really thick, kinda like custard.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh custard :drool:
Banana custard :drool:
I need to try that now :D

I like the veg soup as is, with salt and pepper.
I like the thai chicken and tomato and basil with chilli.
I like the mushroom with some curry powder :D.
I have all the shakes hot, in coffee... but I normally split them into 2 or 3 :D

I make my shakes with 400ml of water and just put them in my plastic milkshake thing :S and shake em up. I put coffee with my chocolate and vanilla.

With my soups i put 400ml of water in a big bowl and slowly add the powder and whisk to get rid of the lumps. Bit of salt and pepper and your done. If i want extra flavour i just add a tiny bit of tabasco sauce!!

Punk xx

vanilla and banana i make up with 400ml of water and drink as is, i think there lovely
strawberry i make with 400ml of water and add a touch of strawberry flavouring
chocolate i make with 200ml and hold my nose and just chug it down, i dont like it but needs must

Isabelle said:
Can the shakes be frozen then? I thought they had to be consumed within 15 mins of mixing?

They should be but unofficially it's been said on other VLCDs that the ocassional one nuked or cooked is ok

Personally I don't if you are I would make it an exception not a rule

Does anyone know why they have to be consumed withing 15mins? Just out of interest?!

Does anyone know why they have to be consumed withing 15mins? Just out of interest?!

the vitamins expire. The same for cooking/microwaving/freezing, it kills all of the added vitamins. The general consensus seems to be do this to only 1 pack per day.. any less than 2/3rds o your vitamins would be dangerous on such a low cal diet

New one from last night - half banana/half chocolate but made with hot water! nom nom - it's like the options delux hot chocolate flavours they do only better due to the weight loss factor :D go ahead - enjoy!

Exante 'Porridge'

Simply mix half a banana or vanilla shake with some hot water add 2tsp of psyllium husks and voila porridge - the fibre helps to fill u up and it's always good to split a pack and eek them out that way

I thought u had to have the psyllium husks an hour before 'food' (shakes, bars, soups) otherwise it absorbs the nutrients?

I don't know either.
But I prefer the powder in my soups, as opposed to the capsules.
I have been having my soups this way for over 3 months and I have been okay so far :)

I might be talking crap, like! That's just what I thought, but I can't remember where I read/heard it! Haha x

Veggie Soup

I had the veggie soup for lunch, I could only manage half of it, what could I add to it to make it taste a whole lot nicer, and maybe disguise that veggie soup taste?

I've never been a soup type person, but I'm willing to try..think I'll try the thai chicken flavour later :)

I add chilli powder and white pepper.

Simply mix half a banana or vanilla shake with some hot water add 2tsp of psyllium husks and voila porridge - the fibre helps to fill u up and it's always good to split a pack and eek them out that way

I was going to ask about porridge, I love the stuff and was a bit surprised that Exante doesn't do one, I heard the cd ones are quite nice.

What's these husk things and where do I get them from? :)

Back