How do you make your shakes/soups

Was this helpfull?

• Total voters
I make mine with a hand whisk and water out of the fridge and they are always thick and yummy

I just put the powder in a water bottle or a protein powder shaker thing (think mines a maxi muscle one?) and shake manically until there's no lumps. Works a treat, never had lumps. I use 250/ 300 ml ish, because they're easier to swallow a bit runnier...

Little tricks to make things taste better

So i've been really struggling with the taste of some exante products, but I've worked out these little tricks that really help me.
-I hope they help someone else

• Vanilla shake- Diluting the shake with double the normal amount of water makes "milk"
  • Use vanilla shake "milk" in your tea!
  • Blending the bars and adding some vanilla shake "milk" makes a porridge
  • Freezing your shakes (once made) makes a delicious flavoured ice cream
  • The water flavourings - Eaten without diluting in water make a fantastic sherbet

More variety without breaking the rules of total solution...
Happy Ketosis everyone :)
xxx

Last edited:
So i've been really struggling with the taste of some exante products, but I've worked out these little tricks that really help me.
-I hope they help someone else

• Vanilla shake- Diluting the shake with double the normal amount of water makes "milk"
  • Use vanilla shake "milk" in your tea!
  • Blending the bars and adding some vanilla shake "milk" makes a porridge
  • Freezing your shakes (once made) makes a delicious flavoured ice cream
  • The water flavourings - Eaten without diluting in water make a fantastic sherbet

More variety without breaking the rules of total solution...
Happy Ketosis everyone :)
xxx

Defiantely am gunna try some of these tricks out. With the frozen one how long can you do it tonight and have it anytime the nextday?

Last edited:
I have just noticed this thread and have not looked all through but this is my way:

Smoothie maker, tray of ice cubes, 250 mls water, teaspoon fibre clear, two sweeteners, one packet vanilla - WHIZZ until thick and frothy. Eat with a long spoon from a very tall glass.

GSQ

The drinks tend to lose taste if you don't drink straight away, in fact they separate and taste yucky. Some vitamins may be lost too.

I take soup in a flask to work most days. I make it about 7am and drink about 1pm, give it a good shake and it tastes fine. If this helps you stick to it - any vitamin loss or taste loss can be resolved. Pop a vitamin pill! bars are good on the run too.

GSQ

Making biscuits with porridge pack!

I don't like the porridge packs but as I have them I do force them down... I thought I saw something on the forum about making the porridge into biscuits but couldn't find it anywhere. So I've decided to try it this morning, and will add pics if a) they're semi-presentable and b) I can work out how to do the pictures!
They're currently in the oven, fingers crossed they work as I have the coffee machine warmed up, ready to go and a biscuit would be nice. Anything other than gruel/ wallpaper paste :D

Here is pre- baking. Mixed a porridge pack with a bit of cold water until it went all clumpy, then splodged it on a baking sheet. Try to get it thinly spread.

Edit: pics didn't work, see further down thread

Last edited:
Pic didn't upload ! Did they taste nice??

Fingers crossed this works! Trying to work out how to upload pictures on an iPad is hurting my brain... Anyway, yes here we have the finished product, and I'm quite happy to say I could have eaten a gazillion! They were crunchy on the outside but softish in the middle. Tasted at first just like bread! I decided in the end that the closest flavour I could think of was like those Hovis biscuits you get with cheese? Sweet but savoury if you know what I mean. Pretty bland but very edible! :D

4ca8a53b.jpg

5721ad15.jpg

d0b6ef42.jpg

6b882bc6.jpg

Hi Cheryl, I put them in at 150c for about 20 minutes, maybe more? I should have timed it really. I just went by the colour- I like biscuits quite brown and these were just right for me. After the tops were done I turned them over to crisp up the underneath. Nobody likes a soggy bottom :p

Wow they look yum I'm defo gonna have to get some porridge packs.

They're not crunchy all the way through, still sort of soft in the middle. They're also a bit hollow. Next time I'm going to do them thinner then they might not be as hollow in the middle.

No porridge left but defo ordering some more and trying this...any ideas for the soups only thing i dislike x

Wow they look amazing! Did you just use the one pack to make 2 biscuits? Think I'm going to try this with one of the 5 sample packs I was sent, as wasn't too keen on them!

Thank you so much for sharing :D

Back