How do you prefer to prepare your shakes? (TFR)

deezombie

I'm making the shakes thick & eating them in a bowl, so i feel like i'm actually eating rather than just having a drink.

I just popped one in the fridge there to see would it thicken it up.

What way to you prefer to prepare your shakes?

Any variations would be appreciated!

Thanks so much to anyone who replies :)

I have all my shakes hot.. i have vanilla blended with coffee in the morning, chicken soup hot with a bit of chilli powder and hot chocolate sometimes with mint tea.. I boil the kettle, put the sachet in the blender make the cup of coffee and mix it up, vanilla coffee is yum x

also meant to add i also have chocolate hot mixed with coffee lol, I am a coffee lover and it makes the shakes way more palatable x

The shake i put in the fridge thickened up nicely, i think i'll do this with the shakes from now on!

hi, sounds good, make sure though you are eating the shakes within 15 minutes of making them.. if they are made up and left the minerals and vitamins in the shake break down after 15 minutes, so its ok to chill it for ten minutes but not twenty.. hope that helps x

I have all my shakes hot.. i have vanilla blended with coffee in the morning, chicken soup hot with a bit of chilli powder and hot chocolate sometimes with mint tea.. I boil the kettle, put the sachet in the blender make the cup of coffee and mix it up, vanilla coffee is yum x

I think i'll try the chilli powder in the soup! Thanks! ;)

hi, sounds good, make sure though you are eating the shakes within 15 minutes of making them.. if they are made up and left the minerals and vitamins in the shake break down after 15 minutes, so its ok to chill it for ten minutes but not twenty.. hope that helps x

Thanks so much tasha, that's really good to know so i don't leave them in to long! Thanks! :rolleyes:

I have cold chocolate peppermint. They are fab. I make the peppermint tea up first, let it cool, take peppermint tea-bag out first put it in fridge or freezer (depending on how soon i want it)
when cool enough i mix it wit the chocolate shake, it is delicious.
It is easy to make when out and about, just have the tea made up and bring along shaker, easy:)

I'm a bore.

I have the chocolate shake with loads and loads of ice and freezing cold evian water, blasted in the blender. Et voila a gorgeous LT slush puppy.

I also steal my straws from Maccy Ds, as they're nice and thick.

hehe, I just er.... well, I just do it by the carrier bag really :S haven't tried to do anything with my shakes, haven't even tried them with ice!

ive got a smoothie blender that the jug is the cup.. i couldnt have got through day one without it! im with betsy loads of ice, blended and all i have to do is turn it the right way up and swap lids! luckily in the summer we bought loads of ikea straws in the sales! although im loving the idea of them warm and the cold pepermint tea!

I use ice and cold water blended in shakes.

Cold choc or vanilla with iced coffee shakes.

Hot or cold mint tea with the chocolate.

Half vanilla shake and half flapjack, mixed with hot water, to make porridge.

Mousse, made with ice cold water and put in the freezer for 2 mins - eat straight away!!

Used to have the soup with chilli flakes - but cannot stomach them any more.

Every morning starts with hot coffee and vanilla - like a nice vanilla latte!

I love the choc made with luke warm peppermint tea and tablet sweetners
it's my treat every night lol!! I really enjoy the vanilla one find it very sweet and also
have strawberry sometimes. Can't stomach the soup:( and make all my shakes thinner 400-500 ml of water :)

these are all great ideas which i hope to try out real soon. I'll be going to see my Gp tomorrow morning and hopefully get given the okay to start on the Lipotrim plan through either them or my brilliant Pharmacist.
Wish me luck as I've got 84lbs to lose (back to my weight i felt happy with after i had my daughter)

I have a hot chicken soup everyday, I like hot coffee vanilla, I add ice to strawberry and chocolate and have a slushy drink. Didn't like the hot choc but going to get some mint tea and try that. I also dont add any pepper or chilli as im scared it will affect my ketosis.

I have vanilla with a teaspoon of coffee and 3 sweetners mixed with 600ml water for breakfast.
Strawberry with sweetners for lunch (600ml water)
Chocolate with sweetners for tea (600ml water)
or
Chocolate with sweetners and peppermint tea chilled yummy!

I actually enjoy the shakes and find it more filling with more water.
Emma x

hi welcome Chiku , i useally start my day with a coffee latte hot around 10am then i swop with the flapjack or soup or strawberry at 3pm and my choc for supper about 8.30. i also have several teas lined up in a row peppermint, ticktock, nettle and earl gray. good luck however you do it its a brill diet and this is a brill sight:)

Back