How do YOU pronounce Dukan?

Jackk

Ok so this may have been done before so sorry for asking again!

I assume that in French it would be like 'du-quand/du-camp', but I've just realised that I've never actually said it out loud in English!

My instincts would tell me that it would be like do-can (like a can-do attitude, but in reverse!) Or do you pronounce it so it sounds like Duke? with the...dyuuuu?

A silly question just to settle my curiosity!

Ducon for me :) but obviously it'd be mispronounced in English :D

Ducon for me :) but obviously it'd be mispronounced in English :D

Ditto:eek:. Apologies if he's reading, most people I mention the diet to reply with 'Du con, oui?'

hihi! you're gonna have to explain that one Robin ;)...

hihi! you're gonna have to explain that one Robin ;)...

I'm sure anyone that is interested enough will find an online French/English dictionary.:D

Robinhood - I'm shocked!
Shocked, I tell you... :D

(Mind you, most online translation services are squeaky-clean, so many people will still be in the dark)

;) But it wasn't me *innocently protesting*.

Mind you, have just checked my emails and there's one from Dukan - ready meals, snacks and the like are hitting the supermarkets. So much for cooking from scratch, pure protein with no additives, not too much salt, etc. Those who are starting Dukan now or in the near future who previously have never cooked (but would have had to learn at least the basics on this diet), aren't going to bother now:rolleyes:.

très con...

Mind you, have just checked my emails and there's one from Dukan - ready meals, snacks and the like are hitting the supermarkets. So much for cooking from scratch, pure protein with no additives, not too much salt, etc. Those who are starting Dukan now or in the near future who previously have never cooked (but would have had to learn at least the basics on this diet), aren't going to bother now:rolleyes:.

Merde!

I suppose it was inevitable - I'm just grateful I discovered the book before the wave of spin-offs arrived.

In his defence, all the other main diets sell their own products so I guess it was inevitable once he crossed into the anglophone market...

<but I agree tenfold with brass knobs on!>

Hehe, I was wondering how it must sound to a French ear....!

It reminds me of a solicitors where I live called Wright Hassall, I mean seriously, how they ever get any custom I never know!

Excellent! I used to be a shampoo girl at "Curl up and Dye"

Eek! Sell-out or what! :eek:

Great prep work for new Dukaners. :(

Back