How does online compare with classes?

hels123smiles

Silver Member
I wouldnt be able to go to classes as my DH works away, I might be able to go to a class, but would have to take my children, so wouldnt be able to stay for the group.
I see you can do SW online, is it any good, or would it be better to go to the classes with the children and not stay for the meet??

I sometimes take my daughter and people don't mind - ask the consultant what they think about children in group before you make a decision. If they have something to entertain them, they could sit away from the group and have a little play or draw or something.
Personally, I need a group and the WI, I couldn't go it alone!!
Good luck with whatever you chose. xx

I took my son with me last week when I joined...it was a daytimes class so I didn't ask if it was ok or not....surely they accept that mums have their kids with them?!! I did online from before xmas till now and it (for me) was a waste of time and money...I did really well before xmas then just fell off the wagon and with no-one to answer to each week I just gave up.....hopefully back on track again now (week 1 all over again!!!)

Hi Mate

I do SW via BodyOptimise and have been doing it for a year.
I find it works really well for me as I work away from home a lot and can't commit to a class.

I know a lot of people say they don't have the discipline to do it this way, but I think it works well for me as long as I am a paying member. (I think it takes as much discipline to go to class as to weigh yourself at home and truthfully enter the details on a private webpage)

I get an e-mail every time I am due to weigh in and I get support based on how well I do. I get personalised food menus and a page for all my awards and to download photos to show my progress.

What I don't get is the chance to chat to other SW members or ask questions, although I can send an question by e-mail and get a reply within a couple of days (and I come on this site too!!). I also can't buy the products as easily as those who attend class, and don't get to be involved in the raffles and slimmer of the week awards.

I hope this gives you a view of both sides. Obviously we are all different so you must choose whatever you feel will work for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide

xxxxx

Back