1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

How does online compare with classes?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hels123smiles, 31 March 2009 Social URL.

1. hels123smiles

hels123smiles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim & Save after losing 2.5 stones on Cambridge.
    I wouldnt be able to go to classes as my DH works away, I might be able to go to a class, but would have to take my children, so wouldnt be able to stay for the group.
    I see you can do SW online, is it any good, or would it be better to go to the classes with the children and not stay for the meet??
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Slimming World
    We have people staying to class, with their children....
    I'd give a class a go, if it were me.
  4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I sometimes take my daughter and people don't mind - ask the consultant what they think about children in group before you make a decision. If they have something to entertain them, they could sit away from the group and have a little play or draw or something.
    Personally, I need a group and the WI, I couldn't go it alone!!
    Good luck with whatever you chose. xx
  5. mfinnis

mfinnis Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I took my son with me last week when I joined...it was a daytimes class so I didn't ask if it was ok or not....surely they accept that mums have their kids with them?!! I did online from before xmas till now and it (for me) was a waste of time and money...I did really well before xmas then just fell off the wagon and with no-one to answer to each week I just gave up.....hopefully back on track again now (week 1 all over again!!!)
  6. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Hi Mate

I do SW via BodyOptimise and have been doing it for a year.
    I find it works really well for me as I work away from home a lot and can't commit to a class.

I know a lot of people say they don't have the discipline to do it this way, but I think it works well for me as long as I am a paying member. (I think it takes as much discipline to go to class as to weigh yourself at home and truthfully enter the details on a private webpage)

I get an e-mail every time I am due to weigh in and I get support based on how well I do. I get personalised food menus and a page for all my awards and to download photos to show my progress.

What I don't get is the chance to chat to other SW members or ask questions, although I can send an question by e-mail and get a reply within a couple of days (and I come on this site too!!). I also can't buy the products as easily as those who attend class, and don't get to be involved in the raffles and slimmer of the week awards.

I hope this gives you a view of both sides. Obviously we are all different so you must choose whatever you feel will work for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.