How does Reputation work?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MissHelenLouise, 7 May 2010 Social URL.

1. MissHelenLouise

MissHelenLouise Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Guys,

I apologise if this has been already discussed, I have had a look around the threads teaching us how things work and I just cant find and answer to my question. It's a little hard to explain but here goes:

I'm a bit confused with how the reputation works especially by this statement:

How can they or you reciprocate when - from what I understand the person you approve cannot see who approved them (gave them rep points and a message).

For e.g. I approved **** message and it says lets hope that they reciprocate (or something on those lines). What I don't understand is how can they reciprocate and me grovel in the first place if they don't know who it was that approved their message.

I might have it all wrong here so that's why I'm asking you lovely people to help me understand better.

I hope that makes sense as its hard to explain what I'm trying to say lol :rolleyes:

Cheers, Helen x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

In your profile you can see who has repped you and any comments they've made :)

4. MissHelenLouise

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    When I click on user CP I can see that I have been given rep and the comment I have been left, I can see the rep points but I can't see who it was that left if for me, so I can't return the gesture. I'm I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place?

Cheers :)

5. Predator

Predator Silver Member

Start Weight:
    241.8lb
    Current Weight:
    212.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    29.7lb(12.28%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I believe the only way you can see who has given you rep power, is if they write their name in the comment, otherwise it's completely anonymous x

MissHelenLouise likes this.
  6. MissHelenLouise

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks Aaron, I thought I was doing something wrong, and that's why the statement that I originally posted didn't make sense to me. Now I know that they are anonymous makes more sense and verifies my original understanding. Cheers :D

Predator likes this.
  7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.