How does Reputation work?

MissHelenLouise

Hi Guys,

I apologise if this has been already discussed, I have had a look around the threads teaching us how things work and I just cant find and answer to my question. It's a little hard to explain but here goes:

I'm a bit confused with how the reputation works especially by this statement:

The quickest way of upping your rep power, is to post loads and "approve messages of people with high rep power, so that maybe they will reciprocate. In other words grovel"

How can they or you reciprocate when - from what I understand the person you approve cannot see who approved them (gave them rep points and a message).

For e.g. I approved **** message and it says lets hope that they reciprocate (or something on those lines). What I don't understand is how can they reciprocate and me grovel in the first place if they don't know who it was that approved their message.

I might have it all wrong here so that's why I'm asking you lovely people to help me understand better.

I hope that makes sense as its hard to explain what I'm trying to say lol :rolleyes:

Cheers, Helen x

When I click on user CP I can see that I have been given rep and the comment I have been left, I can see the rep points but I can't see who it was that left if for me, so I can't return the gesture. I'm I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place?

Cheers :)

I believe the only way you can see who has given you rep power, is if they write their name in the comment, otherwise it's completely anonymous x

Thanks Aaron, I thought I was doing something wrong, and that's why the statement that I originally posted didn't make sense to me. Now I know that they are anonymous makes more sense and verifies my original understanding. Cheers :D

Back