How does the water help weightloss?

KatieMc

My CDC said to me 'make sure you drink 3 litres of water as it'll help the loss'

Just wondering how? (I'm one of those people who needs to know how things work before I believe em :) )

I thought it was either so you didn't get dehydrated, or to fill you up?

Thanks x

I thought it was either so you didn't get dehydrated, or to fill you up?

Thanks x

It's to stop you getting dehydrated. Cambridge is a ketogenic diet which is naturally dehydrating to a certain extent.

Physiologically, it's not a great fillerupper...well, only short term, though it would be more filling if included with the shakes (classed as food by the body because it's milk based....water on it's own is classed as a drink, and doesn't involve the filling up hormone).

You need 2.5L (more if using a bar or tetra), more if you are thirsty. Weight loss is unlikely to be much different if you drink more.

All you ever wanted to know....plus more :D

:D Cheers KD.

Another question now, why can't we have sugarfree gum on the diet? Another thing I wondered...

you can have sugar free gum. im chomping on extra right now, my saviour! lol x x x

I heard that if you drink too much water that it may stop your weight loss and I have always drunk loads so now I am trying to only drink about 3litres. Is it true? xx

:D Cheers KD.

Another question now, why can't we have sugarfree gum on the diet? Another thing I wondered...

the reason why sugarfree gum isn't officially allowed is because it has shown to make many people hungry.

They'll now be a host of people saying "but it doesn't make me hungry" :D Thing is, if you are one of the ones it does make hungry, there can be a slip with other things, and then sometimes it's difficult to pick up again.

the reason why sugarfree gum isn't officially allowed is because it has shown to make many people hungry.

They'll now be a host of people saying "but it doesn't make me hungry" :D Thing is, if you are one of the ones it does make hungry, there can be a slip with other things, and then sometimes it's difficult to pick up again.

Ohh it doesn't make me hungry, in fact it helps if I can chew gum when I'm feeding the little un because that stops me wanting to put HER food in my mouth!

Will go buy some today :D

Hi Katie, I was drinking too much water and it made me ill, plus it slowed my weight loss. I just drink the minimum of 4 pints now plus cups of nettle and peppermint tea.
I suppose it all depends on your size too how much your body can take

Back