How Far Are You From Goal?

Hi, I started on 4 June and now have 6.5lbs to go to get me to 144lbs from 195. Can't believe it. I'm not stabilising yet as my CDC and I agree I need to see my target achieved before reintroducing food.

I keep saying this, but I never really thought I would ever be in this place. I only did this for a trial month so I could say I'd tried everything before gastric surgery. But I'd lost 16lbs by then so I stuck to it!
That is truly a fantastic thing you have done! Avoiding such drastic surgery must make you feel amazing!!
Now you know you CAN do it.. and HAVE done it! ;) Good luck when maintenance comes! :D

Hi Purple hugs, I am just 19lbs off goal, can't believe it, should be there by my birthday. That ticker thing is great, a real incentive to weight loss. It makes it seem real somehow. I hope that I'll be down to goal before the end of October and into maintenance for christmas, but I do have to eat on the 20th October so I might need to revise my timetable. I'm going to my best friends degree presentation meal. He is dyslexic and I had to type his dissertation and every paper he wrote!! This is his thank you to me, and I intend to be slim and fit on that day. Oh by the way, He's 43 years old, has a dicky heart and a shot liver (disease not booze) so it is quite an acheivement.

I'm finally losing the last stone to get me to 9st 7lbs. The summertime has slowed me down a little but now I'm more determined.
I had to make the decision to amble along happily losing 1 lb a week (but that would take me 14 weeks) or race to the finish. Needless to say I'm trying to SS after doing AAM and I'm pleased with the results so far.
Good luck to us all as we aim for goal!

Just another 7lbs for me.
Ann

I started CD 14 weeks ago today having just piled on an extra stone in a couple of months while my mum was seriously ill. I had already put on 3 stone in 3 stressful years. My body felt so alien and my eating was getting more and more out of control, I was laying awake at night worrying about it. I new I couldn't manage a healthy eating plan and had always been better at stricter diets I remembered hearing about the Cambridge Diet and thought I'd look it up on the internet. I phoned to speak to a local counsellor and started the same day. It changed my life immediately I started at 15 stone 7lb I am now 12 stone 2lb. I only initially hoped to get to around 12 stone but soon realised I can get to the weight I used to be when I felt fit and healthy. 10 stone 7lb so I am 1stone 9lb from goal now. As I am 5 ft 9 and medium frame my goal is a healthy BMI of 22 which I believe I can achieve now and maintain but would have thought unbelieveable 14 weeks ago.

Dizzy x

My story has some similarities to yours Dizzy. I'd piled on another stone over the summer taking me to somewhere above 14 stone. I'd already added three stone over the last three years and felt out of control with my eating, but that I'd never manage the long, slow slog of healthy eating and staying motivated.

I did start on Slimfast on August 1st though and then acidentally picked up a Lighter Life mag in Tescos six weeks later, not knowing what it was, then read up on vlcds and had started Cambridge Dieting three days later. I weighed in at 13 stone 5. Am now 12 stone 7 and feeling much better. Looking initially to just not be in the overweight bracket anymore (11 stone since I'm 5 foot 6 and a half) but used to feel happy at 10 stone 7, and in fact have a bet on with my stepmum that I can't reach it my December 1st- so it would be nice if I could!

But the key goal's 11 stone- so 21 pounds to go! (7 weeks- could I have done it by November 21st?)

I'm 2 stone 11lbs from goal.. but i'll be dropping my goal IF i like the look of me at 10 stone, or below :) I don't want to look too thin (lol can't quite imagine that one)!
I do however want to 'start' maintanence in the stone below where i want to be, so i have a 'whole' stone range (i.e. in the 9's) to make sure if i go over it i get back into it. :)
If this makes sense! lol

hey guys, i'm new and plannign on startin ss on cd tomorrow.....i thought the idea of not eating for ages was going to be hard, and it will take some time for my daughter to adjust to having to eat by herself, but reading all of this has made me realise that if u can all do it i should be able to manage it too!

I weighed 16st 4 when i met my counseller last week so I know I have along long long journey ahead! Anyway, I hope to lost a stone in my first month and take it from there....reading these posts has properly inspired me!!

Hi guys!! I haven't started yet as cutting down before the big day - the first of a long journey.

I have 90lbs to lose altogether but want to lose half of those before the New Year.

I never believed I could do it until I found CD. The thought of plodding away at 1-2lbs a week made me feel despondent. Now I think, if I only lose half my weight the CD way then I'll be happy to lose the rest slowly. Who knows, I might stay on it for the lot.

Good luck and positive vibes to all!!!!!

Ive got 27lbs to go to be in healthy BMI range as advised by the medical profession!

I have lost a total of 6stone 4 in 15 weeks,

Weigh in day Saturday so heres hoping ill have even less after tomorrow.

Hope to be there (at goal) by end of November (sooner if poss)

Stephx

hello!

Hi

I am on the lighter life pogramme and am into my 5th week. So far i have lost a stone and a few pounds. Feel really rubbish today with a blinding headache and would like to be at home under the duvet with come crisps, coke and choc!

But i am gonna continue on, i havent cracked yet!:eek:

Reading all the messages on here has made me feel much better

I'm currently 12.03 and am aiming at being around 10 stone... hopefully by Christmas. I started my weight loss journey in September last year at 20+ stones and on October 26th I started my VLCD route to slim-dom!!!!... I have been down to 11.09 but have gained a little after a recent holiday.. it's coming off again now so hopefully my goal will be atainable:)

xxxxxx:D:)

Hi

I am on the lighter life pogramme and am into my 5th week. So far i have lost a stone and a few pounds. Feel really rubbish today with a blinding headache and would like to be at home under the duvet with come crisps, coke and choc!

But i am gonna continue on, i havent cracked yet!:eek:

Reading all the messages on here has made me feel much better

Hi SAMMIE,

You can get a bad headache if your not drinking enough water or if you are working at a computer for too long as well.

Sorry to hear your having a rough time, but your doing good!!!

Love Mini xxx

I'm currently 12.03 and am aiming at being around 10 stone... hopefully by Christmas. I started my weight loss journey in September last year at 20+ stones and on October 26th I started my VLCD route to slim-dom!!!!... I have been down to 11.09 but have gained a little after a recent holiday.. it's coming off again now so hopefully my goal will be atainable:)

xxxxxx:D:)

Hi Mandy,

Here's to Christmas and 10 stone I do hope I am there myself:D

My goal is to remain where I am by having a healthy attitude towards food and an active lifestyle. Fingers crossed. :)

Hi all,

I've not actually started my LL diet yet (start next week) but would like to post if that's ok?

As of today I am 15st12lb (ish - my scales aren't really accurate) and a dress size of 20/22... My goal is more over how my body looks than an actual weight, but I'd like to get to a size 10/12 dress size, I'm only just 5ft3 so maybe an ideal weight of about 8st12lb / 9st would be right??!

So, I have roughly 7st to lose...

By Christmas, I would like to be down to a size 16 :)
By July next year (my 29th birthday - eek!) I want to be a size 10/12 :)

Hi All,

My main aim is to be 11stone bang and then I will take it from there as to how I feel and look.
My official weight to be is 10st 6lbs to have a "normal" bmi, however 11stone is my aim on SS and may move to 790 then dependant on how I feel when I get to 11, I am currently 12s 4lbs and so have 1st 4lbs to lose, I would like to be 11stones by December, I do have a trip away in November for 4 nights to tunisia and want to be 11 and half at least by then x

Back