How far will they let us go?

carla

When I first started this diet, I was aiming to get to 10 stone which would give me a BMI of around 22.

Now that I am feeling confident that I can get there I am starting to think I would really like to be 9 stone which would put my BMI at 20. I know this is the lower end of normal, so where do you need to stop? As long as we are in the "healthy" range, is it ok?

If you are already on CD theoretically you can go down to BMI 20, providing you are using food programmes and not SS. However, past that point you would not be able to use any CD programme.

Linda

I am on LL, so is it the same theory? Does food program basically mean maintenance? If so, at what point do I have to stop SSing and change?

Thanks so much for your help.

Ok, thanks. I'm sure that as the diets are so similar, their policies probably will be too.

Thanks again. :D

Oh, just out of interest, at what point do people have to stop SSing on CD?

Hi Carla, Our LLC said that you could stay on SSing until your BMI got to 19.5 and then you had to stop.

But it seems to me reading these posts they don't always say the same thing. In the magazine this month I think it says below 18.5 is unhealthy.

Claire

There is still a lot of conjecture over this BMI thing.

COMA state no one should start a VLCD unless their BMI is one stone over BMI 25 which is roughly BMI 27. If you are already on VLCD you can SS down to close to BMI 25 but you have to get an Add a Meal Week and 790 Week in before you get to BMI 25. At BMI 25 you must be on 1000 calories. Confusing isn't it!

Linda

That's good enough for me!

Thanks very much. I don't think I would want to go below 20. I might even be happy with 10 stone, so will have to wait and see. :p

LL let you go as low as BMI 20.

Hope that helps!

I'd have to be 7st 10lb to have a bmi of 20 ---- won't be going near that far :)

Cath

Hi Carla, I finished foundation on a BMI of about 21.5 and it's now about 20.5. My LLC said something a couple of weeks ago about not losing any more weight but as I pointed out it is difficult to eat enough calories with salad and raw veg! However next week (5) is wine and more starchy veg so that should boost the calorie intake. I know <18.5 is underweight but I get the impression going below 20 would provoke a bit of comment. Of course it depends on your frame size etc. BMIs are only a rough guide anyway, so just see what feels right when you get there. Good luck!

Back