How Hard Did You Find Your First Week On Your Diet?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Mini, 28 January 2007 Social URL.

?

How Hard Did You Find Your First Week On Your Diet?

1. Very Hard

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Hard

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Medium Hard

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Easy

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Very Easy

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    We are doing a poll to see how everyone found the first week of their diet.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Supportive

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have to be honest. I found the first 2 weeks really hard. I was very irritable, tired, moody, cold, hungry and annoyed with myself for getting fat. I found myself going to bed at 8.30pm and having two baths a day I chose not to tell anyone about the diet (except DH and my daughters)as I wanted to deal with my demons on my own. I didn't want the phone constantly ringing with caring relatives and
    friends asking how I was doing. In reflection I think I made the right decision. This was my battle and I need to conquer it alone.
    After week 2 I began to feel much better and could see that I could soon be a thin/slim person.
    I think you have to be very focused and determined as if this diet didn't work for me I felt that there was no where else to turn.
    xx

4. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Overall Easy! But only because I felt determined and optimistic.

My first day I was fine until the evening I developed a terrible migraine, worse that a normal one and threw up twice.:sigh: :( I went to bed early evening so slept it off.

The next day and thereon I felt hugely better. So determined! I took painkillers when I needed them, pampered myself a lot with naps and early nights and just non food spoiling. I tested myself all the time cooking favourite meals for the family. :) Baking cakes for the school which chocolate all over my fingers and got a rel kick from being so determined. Overall I found the first week easy and enjoyable. :D Despite the physical discomfort of the first day.

I think my first day was worse because I went 'cold turkey' no tea, no coffee just water and packs and I hadn't cut down beforehand.:rolleyes:

I actually have very fond memories of my first week as that was a real turning point in my life!:cool:

Dizzy x

5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    My first day was fine..though the drinks were not as tasty as I was hoping, Second day not bad....but got stinking headache by the end of the day, so took painkillers and went to bed. I woke up the next morning with headache just as bad as day before.....it lasted all day so bed early.
    Next day was just the same, day 5 was good felt like I had energy so cleaned up house like a dirt devil.
    This has been it pretty much ever since ...though the second week I struggled when walking, bit more breathless than normal...lol. My legs also felt like lead, it was an effort to put 1 foot in front of the other, this also passed after a few days.

Despite all the pain and discomfort it has soooo been worth it as the weight loss has been fantastic.

6. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    1st week I felt relatively good, but i had cut down on carbs the week before, however day 6 was not a good day and had to have a sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon but woke up feeling loads better.
    I sailed through week 2 with no problems at all. But but the middle of week 3 I felt low and grumpy., however now a further 2 days in and feeling better
    Roll on week 4:D

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I found the first week easy. It's as the time has gone by that I have found it harder. I guess cos I know I am going to be on it for a LONG time (over 100 lbs to lose when I started) and keeping the momentum going is gonna be my biggest problem.

8. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    I normally find it starts off easy and gets harder once the novelty has worn off!!

9. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Surprisingly, I found this diet very easy in the first week. So surprised even I didn't think I would stick to a liquid diet. I think cutting down on carbs the week before on the SW diet really helped.

I found getting back to CD after the Christmas holidays the hardest.

Now after five months of being on the diet, I am finding it really hard. The fact that I am studying is keeping me on this diet so that I am not tempted to stray.

10. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i found my first week quite easy but i was very sleepy and didnt like most of the flavors, this week im finding really hard (second) nut i have just tryed the recipes of chocolate and crisps made with the packs and god they are fantastic

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.