How Hard Did You Find Your First Week On Your Diet?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Mini, 28 January 2007 Social URL.

How Hard Did You Find Your First Week On Your Diet?

1. Very Hard

12 vote(s)
  2. Hard

6 vote(s)
  3. Medium Hard

11 vote(s)
  4. Easy

11 vote(s)
  5. Very Easy

4 vote(s)
  1. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    We are doing a poll to see how everyone found the first week of their diet.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Supportive

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I have to be honest. I found the first 2 weeks really hard. I was very irritable, tired, moody, cold, hungry and annoyed with myself for getting fat. I found myself going to bed at 8.30pm and having two baths a day I chose not to tell anyone about the diet (except DH and my daughters)as I wanted to deal with my demons on my own. I didn't want the phone constantly ringing with caring relatives and
    friends asking how I was doing. In reflection I think I made the right decision. This was my battle and I need to conquer it alone.
    After week 2 I began to feel much better and could see that I could soon be a thin/slim person.
    I think you have to be very focused and determined as if this diet didn't work for me I felt that there was no where else to turn.
  4. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Overall Easy! But only because I felt determined and optimistic.

My first day I was fine until the evening I developed a terrible migraine, worse that a normal one and threw up twice.:sigh: :( I went to bed early evening so slept it off.

The next day and thereon I felt hugely better. So determined! I took painkillers when I needed them, pampered myself a lot with naps and early nights and just non food spoiling. I tested myself all the time cooking favourite meals for the family. :) Baking cakes for the school which chocolate all over my fingers and got a rel kick from being so determined. Overall I found the first week easy and enjoyable. :D Despite the physical discomfort of the first day.

I think my first day was worse because I went 'cold turkey' no tea, no coffee just water and packs and I hadn't cut down beforehand.:rolleyes:

I actually have very fond memories of my first week as that was a real turning point in my life!:cool:

Dizzy x
  5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    My first day was fine..though the drinks were not as tasty as I was hoping, Second day not bad....but got stinking headache by the end of the day, so took painkillers and went to bed. I woke up the next morning with headache just as bad as day lasted all day so bed early.
    Next day was just the same, day 5 was good felt like I had energy so cleaned up house like a dirt devil.
    This has been it pretty much ever since ...though the second week I struggled when walking, bit more breathless than My legs also felt like lead, it was an effort to put 1 foot in front of the other, this also passed after a few days.

Despite all the pain and discomfort it has soooo been worth it as the weight loss has been fantastic.
  6. blitz

blitz Silver Member

slimming world
    1st week I felt relatively good, but i had cut down on carbs the week before, however day 6 was not a good day and had to have a sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon but woke up feeling loads better.
    I sailed through week 2 with no problems at all. But but the middle of week 3 I felt low and grumpy., however now a further 2 days in and feeling better
    Roll on week 4:D
  7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I found the first week easy. It's as the time has gone by that I have found it harder. I guess cos I know I am going to be on it for a LONG time (over 100 lbs to lose when I started) and keeping the momentum going is gonna be my biggest problem.
  8. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

intuitive eating
    I normally find it starts off easy and gets harder once the novelty has worn off!!
  9. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    Surprisingly, I found this diet very easy in the first week. So surprised even I didn't think I would stick to a liquid diet. I think cutting down on carbs the week before on the SW diet really helped.

I found getting back to CD after the Christmas holidays the hardest.

Now after five months of being on the diet, I am finding it really hard. The fact that I am studying is keeping me on this diet so that I am not tempted to stray.
  10. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

Cambridge Diet
    i found my first week quite easy but i was very sleepy and didnt like most of the flavors, this week im finding really hard (second) nut i have just tryed the recipes of chocolate and crisps made with the packs and god they are fantastic
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.