How has WW changed?

Toots

Gold Member
Hiya

I'm thinking of doing WW again after my hols . Just wondered if someone could tell me how it has changed or at least if it's for the better.

The last big change I tried was when "switch" came out with the no count option - which I hated (only coz it didn't work for me :eek:). It put me off WW for a while. I don't want to get all excited then be disappointed

Thanks in advance

xxx

Hey there, I read somewhere else the WW conference is this coming weekend, which is when the new programme will be discussed/launched. Don't quote me though, apparently the leaders either don't know or are sworn to secrecy. Obviously all the adverts are just to build the excitement around it.

Well, the ads worked as they certainly peaked my curiosity - thanks for letting me know

xx

Hi, bascially there are two plans to choose from at WW these days -- Core, which is the no count one, giving you a range of healthy foods to choose your three meals from, and the Points plan which basically means you can eat anything you want so long as you stay within the points allocated to you from your gender/weight/height etc.

Must say, when I first did WW 20 years ago it was very different in that they gave you a plan outlining exactly what to eat each week, with some options on the side. I remember the little coloured boxes to ensure you were eating a well-balanced meal three times a day, with little treats. Today, on the Points plan I am amazed at how you really can eat what you choose and how you really could spend your day eating Wotsits, iced gems, fruit gums and a chinese take-away. I find that a bit scarey and it would not be training me to change my eating habits and make healthier choices. That is really up to the individual now.

Ive found though instead of wasting my points on junk I try to eat as healthy as possible so to save my points and maximise the benefit from them. I have to say I dont know anyone on WW who would eat wotsits, iced gems, wine gums and a take away, well not all on the same day. It does however allow you the flexibility to have treats.

Like any diet, you get from it what you put in. WW is a fantastic way to re educate yourself without making you feel deprived

Back