How hungry are you on the shakes?

ChubLock

Silver Member
I have got three types of shakes in my house at the mo...

Herbalife
Slimfast
Ultraslim for Tesco's.

I felt fullest on the HL actually and most hungry in between shakes on the US.

How do you guys keep yourselves feeling full?

This is where I always fall down on the bars im fine but on the shakes I'm so hungry within an hour it's like I get a sugar rush and need to eat every biscuit in sight I've started back on the slimfast/ultraslim going to make it work this time new start today xx

I feel quite peckish between meals too, but I always make sure I have one of the Slim Fast snacks on me at all times for when I need them. I've learned to control it now though, so I think my body is getting used to eating only at certain times, so I'm sure the hunger will decrease eventually :)

I use Slim Fast and Ultraslim too :)

I don't tend to feel too hungry on the shakes, but i take about 1 hour to drink each other them.

If i do feel hungry i try and drink before i eat anything - often being thirsty is mistaken for feeling hungry!

Im not really finding true hunger an issue, im just really missing mindless eating...you know, like if you see something and say 'oh, that looks yummy il have a bit of that'...lol
i guess im finding it a bit boring only eating to fill a whole. I was really tempted to just quit today, and thought, ahh life too short i cant be bothered worrying about my food all day. But then i thought maybe this stage will pass and eventually it will come much more naturally. Does that happen or does it require this much concentration through out?
When i thought about quiting it wasn't really about me wanting to eat something in particular i guess i just miss the way in which i use to eat...Does anyone get what im saying?
i have no will power, ive only been on a diet for a week and a half, lol.

I totally get what you're saying Nadia! I've always been the same, struggling for motivation and giving up after a week or so. But I'm still going strong. I quite like that two of my meals each day are planned out and easy to organise. I like keeping track of my calories. I guess for me, if I'm going to do it, I have to do it properly, and keep track of everything. It helps keep me going. I've had one slip up so far (I'm now half way through week 2) so I think I'm doing quite well. Maybe life is too short to worry about food all day, but I want my life to be as long and healthy as possible, so it's worth it. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll get there soon enough :)

thanx Emma, totally agree with you! Im really over committed & enthusiastic for the first week, and i just over do it, and then im burnt out by week 2! i guess i need to learn to pace myself and just accept its going to take some time
.....And thats another day over with:) i guess im going to take it a day at a time. I got through today so thats the most important thing. Long healthy life, here we come:) xx

I understand what u mean Nadia & Emma, first week was a killer for me, but I think once yr system gets used to what ur eating yr mind follows. When im eating my meal at night I eat slower n enjoy it more rather than shovelling it in, n I think that's due to being on SF! Keep going n u will get past it love! All the best x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i weighed myself again this morning...and i lost the pound i put on plus lost another extra 1/4lb....sooo glad i didn't just give up yesterday.

Right thats it, from now on i'm only weighing myself once a week and sticking with the plan(well, at least until my next weigh in on monday.), cause im sure its helping move in the right direction!!

Emma what did you study at uni? and that sucks that you are going have to leave the idyllic beach life. Are you going to try and do the roller skating there?

Hey Nadia, I study Psychology in Swansea at the minute, but it's all finished in six weeks. Yeah I'll try to keep up with the roller skating when I'm back at my parent's house, there's a team up there too, so it should be ok.

I'm the same as you, I like to weigh myself all the time, but I don't think it really helps. I weighed in this morning as a bit of a mid-week weigh-in, and it said I've gained 5lbs! :O I honestly don't understand it, as I've only slipped up once, and that was on Tuesday evening, and I've exercised loads since then. I'm feeling a little bit disheartened, and this is usually the time when I'd give up, but I'm trying to keep going. Any ideas why I might have gained?

Aww Emma Don't give up!! Just stick it out till Monday. My mum did paul Mckenna about a year ago and she lost a massive amount of weight, and i remember how much emphasis is placed in not weighing yourself too often. he recommends at the most once every 2 weeks!! so that you can break this cycle, of looking at the scales and then it determining how you will eat for the rest of the day....and leading to yo yo dieting... dont let the scales decide. You just have to build confidence in yourself and tell yourself, that you are doing everything you can to the best of your ability to improve your body, at thats what you have to concentrate on....and the numbers on the scales will follow!

I also read the following, which i have often heard:

"If you've noticed your weight going up after starting an exercise program, don't panic! It doesn't necessarily mean you're doing anything wrong, nor does it mean you're going in the wrong direction. There can be some obvious and not-so-obvious reasons you're gaining weight.
Your first step is to determine if what you're gaining is actually fat or muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat, but it takes up less space...if you gain muscle, your scale weight may go up even as you're slimming down. Rather than just using a scale to measure your progress, you can get your body fat tested on a regular basis to get a better idea of what you're gaining and/or losing. If that isn't an option, you can take measurements at different areas of the body...if you're losing inches, you're on the right track.

2. Not eating enough calories. It may seem counterintuitive, but eating too little can actually stall your efforts to lose fat. As Cathy Leman, a registered dietician and creator of NutriFit! says, "...if there is a severe restriction in calories, the body may counteract this reduction by slowing down its metabolism." Be sure you're eating enough calories to sustain your body if you've increased your activity.

3. Not giving your body time to respond. Just because you start exercising doesn't always mean your body will respond to that immediately. As Cathy Leman puts it, "...in some instances the body needs to sort of "recalibrate"' itself. Increased activity and new eating habits (taking in more or less calories) require the body to make adjustments." Cathy recommends that you give yourself several weeks or months for your body to respond to what you're doing.

Just imagine, you have gained 5lbs, so you think forget it!! well eventually you are going to want to go back to wanting to loose weight again, so week 2 of another diet your ganna be in the same place anyway, so as bad as your feeling, dont make any decisions today, just keep doing what your doing and you will see results, i promise.

Thank you so much for this Nadia! It's really really helpful! I did feel disheartened, but I'm still going to stick to it. You're so right, if I did give up today, I'd be back in the same boat in a few weeks or months time, wanting to lose weight again. I just have to stick with it and ride it out. I'm going to do my measurements today so I can keep track of the inches I'm losing, but I think it could actually be the lack of calories I'm consuming. I've been sticking to roughly 1200 a day, but when I exercise I don't usually make up for it by eating more. My body is probably in shock from the drastic change, so hopefully it'll sort itself out and I'll start losing again soon. I think I'll start keeping track of the fat I'm consuming too, as although I'm eating fewer calories, I think I may be eating a little too much fat, so I'll try to cut that down too. I feel so much better now, thank you so much! :)

Thats great Emma, glad you feel more positive!! good luck for the rest of the day xxx

Thanks, I've got a ton of uni work to do, so it's going to be stressful! I've got about 5,000 words to write by tomorrow, and I've got to go to my voluntary job later tonight, so time is running out! This is usually the time when I reach for the junk food, just to get me through all the hard work, but I'm doing well so far. I did buy a big 2 litre bottle of Pepsi Max though, as that helps to keep me going, but it's better than chocolate or pizza! So I'm quite pleased with myself so far :)

Hope you're having a great day! :)

Back