How is everyone

markanderl

Silver Member
Just thought I would ask how everyone is, we seem to reply to posts but we never hear how anyone is actually doing.
Please let us all know how you are doing so far with the diet, how you are coping, and maybe what lies ahead.

A reply would be very appreciated, well at least by me, thanking you all.

Still finding it easy. Finding I am thinking of food a little more, but in a positive way :)

Happy with losses and determined to keep going with no glitches. Decided to go through to week 13 with no refeed as I am now being monitored,. so feel safe to do so.

My youngest son is 2 today, so that has been really nice :)

Well im on day 12 and so far im finding it great . I do crave food sometimes but im not hungry its just the flavour i miss . I havent started excersise yet will start on the 12th to tone so i dont go saggy.. hehe
Im going out sataday for a meal and drinks with my partner ( his birthday ) so im a little scared of eating again mainly because i dont want to gain weight .
Other than that im very excited and think this is the best move ive made regards to my weight in a very long time x

I am very well, the weight loss has eventually started to slow down, my weigh in tomorrow and am expecting a 5lbs loss which I am happy with. I am doing exersise each day and am increasing the time each day and intensity. My wife has started which is going to make it a lot easier for both of us.

So far so good but its only been one day..lol!! Totally off topic but I can't figure out how to put in my weight loss tracker. I've tried to copy and paste the URL from the tickerfactory site but everytime I do that, it tells me invalid URL? Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Make your ticker, left click, hold and drag over the ticker to highlight it, then right click, copy and paste on your signature, or on any post you want

I am a bore, as I have decided that no birthday, wedding, celebration is going to make me eat right now lol

I am not 100% sure yet that my usual mode of binge away wouldn't kick in. I am working on my mind set all the time. Once I am sure, I will then feel happier participating. This time last year we went to a buffet place for my sons 1st birthday. avoided it like hell this year lol

Good luck for Saturday Rose. If you are going to drink alcohol, please make sure you come out of ketosis first :)

Isis, you have the same mindset as me, nothing and I mean nothing will get me eating until I have reached a weight I am happy with.

I am quite happy at the moment......day by day I can feel my clothes fitting better!!

I will achieve my goal and keep it off this time....:cool:

all ok, so far so good agaiiiiin and i am going to ketosis as i have that dam bloody headache, well weigh in 2moro, so doom day lol. then it will be a month the longest i have done this sort of diet b4, so heres to another month.
oh and by the way i have got another interview next week at the same place, as he said he might as well get the ball rolling ie, crb check etc while boss is on hols, so looking good, x

Isis, you have the same mindset as me, nothing and I mean nothing will get me eating until I have reached a weight I am happy with.

lol...we must seem like right bores!lol

I am quite happy at the moment......day by day I can feel my clothes fitting better!!

I will achieve my goal and keep it off this time....:cool:

Well done Mike! Keep it up!

all ok, so far so good agaiiiiin and i am going to ketosis as i have that dam bloody headache, well weigh in 2moro, so doom day lol. then it will be a month the longest i have done this sort of diet b4, so heres to another month.
oh and by the way i have got another interview next week at the same place, as he said he might as well get the ball rolling ie, crb check etc while boss is on hols, so looking good, x

Good luck with everything!:)

I'm doing good thanks Mark. :)

I've been doing this for a while now and while I can't honestly say it's been easy I can say it's been worthwhile.

I've had good days and bad days and I've found the diet itself to be straightforward and easy to understand. It's also possible to be very flexible witht he plan once you get to the later stages of your journey I think. I've also done a LOT of reading and research about VLCD in general both before and during my diet so far.

My biggest problem has been what I call "diet fatigue", which is basically when I have been doing it for so long that I get bored with it and start to push the boundaries of what I can get away with and still lose weight. :eek: This has been my downfall on many of the diets I've tried and failed at in the past so this time I was determined to be ready for it and to try and fight it.

Bit of a wobbly month in June because of it, I thought I might be able to get round it by being 100% TS during the week and eating/drinking at weekends but despite knowing that I should stick to the WS guidelines some bad habits were creeping back in. :eek:

To that end I'm now close enough to my goal that I have decided to start a proper refeed regime and there is a thread on here with full details that will be updated regularly so anyone interested will be able to follow my progress. My whole journey so far in fact has been described in some detail in my blog.

In myself I am currently quite calm and unstressed these days, and much to the OH's joy my PMT has been much improved while I was doing TS - I think the ketosis euphoria cancelled it out lol! :D

I've had no side effects bar a little loose skin (tops of my arms, tops of my legs and my belly) but that is not as bad as I thought it might have been given my age and history, plus it's still a work in progress at the moment and hopefully will improve as time goes on. Even though I did this more for health reasons than for vanity I am starting to get a lot more confident about how I look and my overall body shape.

So yeah, I'm fine. I'm also living proof that anyone can make this work if they just have a bit of motivation and determination..........;)

Shirley that is excellent news, you must now be 99% sure of getting this job. Well done, I am very happy for you.

Yambabe you must be very proud of yourself, you have done remarkably well. You have been a real inspiration to us, there were quite a few of us who started around the same time and I can assure you we looked to your threads and posts, it kind of gave us an insight of what to expect in days to come, so thank you.

Today was my weigh in and I weighed in at 15st 6lbs which is a loss of 37lbs, 2st 9lbs, for the 4 weeks since I started. I am extremely happy and never in my wildest dreams could I have expected this huge loss within 4 weeks. I am hoping to lose 20lbs the next 4 weeks, which is 5lbs a week and should be attainable.

I cannot remember when I was last under 100kg's, all my clothes are hanging off me and I am now down to a 38 trousers, last wore those 5 years ago, so very chuffed indeed.

Congratulations Mark!

You are doing so well and with such a positive attitude! The constant weight loss is so motivational - it is what keeps us going with what is an extreme diet. People ask me how I can keep up this diet for so long. Like Yambabe, having been doing it for so long, I am bored, but I know it works. I take it day by day, week by week and love the results. It is the results which keep me going.

Some weeks when the weight loss is not so good, you think "is this worth it?". But the constant loss of pounds soon adds up to stones and your clothes don't fit and people give you so many compliments - it is so worth it!!

One more stone to get to target - then maintenance looms!!

Well done Mark!!

Yambabe and Yummy.....i like Mark looked back on all the old posts to gain inspiration. It was reading those posts that made me know I was going to stay stong. You have both done Brilliantly! I read posts by Miss D, Magggie and I lady named Sarah (I think) who is a Exante consultant. There were others too. Just really helped me to focus on the job at hand. So, thank you :) xxx

Well done Mark.....thats a really good weight loss in that short a time!

Back