How long could you give up the scales :-)

C'mon Lisa throw the scales away n join us :)

I know for me, when I dont weigh, I am going through a denial stage! :D I am much better when weighing more often. Its always once a day max though, first thing, naked after a pee! ;)

Not sure I could do it to be honest....I am a crafty daily weigher....but I then get really miffed when it goes up and not down....could I do 8 weeks?...not sure?....but you know what....I am going to try!!! Although I will have to remove them from the house!!
I'm also not going to be telling work colleagues that i have started again, they put so much pressure on forever asking how much I have lost...and making me feel a failure when I have gone off track!

Lellylion I totally get that! I'm gonna bin the batteries from my scales at least might stick the batteryless scales in boot of the car pmsl

N I'm so not telling work this time I can't stand all the fuss n hoo ha the minute you allow yourself to stop constantly thinking about food n diets somebody cones out with 'so how's the diet going?? What u lost now? Wow u must be starving' etc etc

I don't know that I can do the 8 weeks coz I've not tried buy that's my aim so no harm in trying for the 8 weeks n if we weigh before hand no biggy

I'm up for binning the scales too. 8 weeks :-/ x

I'm going to try and join you guys with the not weighing restarting in the morning :)

Hi bexster good luck n welcome to the no weighing world! I'd ideally love to get to 9 st 7 lightest I've ever got was 11. 4. How tall are u and roughly how much do u have to lose? If I can manage 8 weeks I nay go the distance with you on the 12 weeks :) il play it by ear

i am about 5ft6 and my current weight is 13st3 so 3 n half to lose fingers crossed this no weighing in will help me not sabotage myself when i get down to my previous weight loss. x

Gosh I haven't even started it's my b.day tomorra so after that il get going well done everyone so far!!

When I first read this thread I recoiled in horror - why would no one want to weigh themselves twice a day? I mean - as Miranda's mum would say - WHAT FUN!

But then I started reading the posts and the more I read, the more I understood - and the more I understood the more I thought I might like to get on board with this.

I have always been ruled by the scale - mood is very much number dependant, which - when you think about it - is seriously sad isn't it!? I also have a habit of hitting the sabotage button at 12 stone. I then tend to struggle my way to the mid/high 11s, but never get below that.

Maybe if I don't know how much I weigh, it will help me just switch off? I dunno - the idea is so alien at the moment.

I did my measurements on 3rd December when I first started, so I might continue doing them and only them... I measured my waist, hips, left thigh, left calf, left arm and bust... totalling a full 181.5 inches... I have no goal in mind for inch loss - but might give me something to go on and measure. Either that or I weigh myself blindfolded and ask my OH to jot down the number and keep track so I can look back at my steady decline when I have got to goal.

I fear I may be over thinking this!!!

Spots xx

Hi spots!

Pmsl @ weighing blind folded!!

Welcome aboard :) I think no matter what or who, if you're dieting the numbers are always gonna be a big thing but I think once you've been dieting a while you can become a little obsessive well I can anyway. Sometimes when I think of his much I'd like to lose I can't help but calculate the aprox number of weeks it will take n that's another downfall for me!

So if I calculated o needed 10 more weeks I'd firstly panic you know the type of thing 'OMG I cannot starve for 10 more weeks!!' I'd also start slacking on say week 8 or something it's all so psychological isn't it!

I don't know if il last 8 weeks or not but il give it a good shot n the amount of weight that can be lost on these vlcds in 8 weeks is crazy! So imagine after 8 weeks of being 100% and no weighing, you hop on the scales to reveal a 2 stone + loss lol!

That's the thought that's going to keep me going!! I think week 1
WI will actually be the hardest to resist myself but we shall see 1 more free food day tomorra n then it's time to shrink back into the lovely clothes hanging in my wardrobe waiting for me :)

Hi guys how's everyone doing?

Well ark at me starting this thread n being the last one to start. One thing after the other has prevented me from starting maintain the return of my POXY migraines! Anyway hopefully they have done one for now n regardless how I feel tomorrow is day one for me I'm not cheating or tweaking I'm starting tomorra weighing in the morning n not coming off plan or looking back until I'm at goal.

I plan to not weigh still but if I'm feeling weak or need a kick up the bum il weigh for motivation. We shall see anyway so how's everybody else doing?

I see the threads gone quiet who's still on the wagon and resisting the scales?

I am here, not weighed yet but not exactly been following diet though. Had been grazing on keto friendly food. But then last night I had a bit of a binge :-/ so today is the day I do it properly ....

shell09 said:
Hi guys how's everyone doing?

Well ark at me starting this thread n being the last one to start. One thing after the other has prevented me from starting maintain the return of my POXY migraines! Anyway hopefully they have done one for now n regardless how I feel tomorrow is day one for me I'm not cheating or tweaking I'm starting tomorra weighing in the morning n not coming off plan or looking back until I'm at goal.

I plan to not weigh still but if I'm feeling weak or need a kick up the bum il weigh for motivation. We shall see anyway so how's everybody else doing?

I see the threads gone quiet who's still on the wagon and resisting the scales?

I'm here but I weighed yesterday at my restart but did it in kgs so I didn't know what it was lol

Lol well nice to see you guys still here il be joining tomorra I hate the exhausted sluggish feeling of the first week but I must admit I've Bern feeling exhausted n drained lately anyway probably from all the weight I've gained and the rubbish I've been eating!

I must look at this post next week when I'm feeling sorry for myself lol

I think anyone who doesn't weigh everywhere is a star! I can't even go one day without weighing myself, let alone 2 months :eek:
Good on you though and I hope you all see fantastic loses when you do weigh :)

I'd love to ditch the scales but find it such a motivator to see the numbers drop, even a tiny bit.

Back