How long did it take you to lose...?

Hi Daisy :) I lost just over 11 stone in 11 months - the first 5 stone took me just over 4 months and it really only slowed down for the last stone which took me about 6 weeks. I too broke mine down into mini goals - each 1/2 stone, the next stone zone etc and I also had non scales related goals like being able to cross my legs, or wrap a bath towel around me with no gaps, being able to get into any car and know that the seat belt would fit and so on. Keeping focused on smaller goals really helped me to stay on track - it felt overwhelming to look at the whole amount!

The last 11lbs or so has kind of crept off since I reached my initial target (I've dropped target a few times too).

I also rewarded myself with non food related treats - in my case crafting supplies lol (crafting kept/keeps my hands and mind busy which keeps me away from food :D )

It's taken me two years to lose 6 1/2 stone but I haven't been so strict on myself iv allowed myself treat days syns I can't really call it a diet it's just more healthy eating now I love it when I go on holidays I can't wait to be back home eating normal again I miss slimming world food lol I will be a diamond member next month and iv not once been out I think when you get into it it just becomes normal

Hi Daisy,

I've got 5 stone to lose too, so have been reading this thread with interest. My first target is my birthday, which falls just before Christmas (just under six weeks away). I don't have a specific amount to lose in mind - rather my target for myself is to stick to the plan 100% until then and then take stock of what I have achieved in terms of loss.

Wow! Thank you so much for your replies. It is incredible to see how the plan has worked for you all.

I love the idea of breaking the target down into half stones and having non scale goals, it seems like it will be more motivating that way.

Thank you again, you've really inspired me.

Its amazing how many people have lost huge amounts of weight in a matter of weeks! wish I was the same, I am a really slow loser with 5 stone to lose...could take me years and years!! my mom has lost a stone... in a year, must run in the family!

ticktock I think some people are naturally able to lose weight quicker than others. I also think your dieting history can have an affect too. You had a 3lb loss in your first week, I don't think that is small or slow :)

I'm quite slow at this aswell.

I would love to be at target by March 2016 which would mean I had lost 1lb a week from start to finish average.

Fingers crossed!

Dxxx

I wish I had lost 3lb daisydaisydaisy! I cheated, weighed beforehand and hadnt lost anything despite 100% sticking to it, this has happened to me before so I expected it and wore jeans and boots for start weigh in and light trousers and took shoes off for 1st wk loss!! nothing worse than not losing in first wk, everyone assumes you have done something wrong! nobody would believe I followed it properly and didn't lose in wk 1, but its true!! I lose weight a week in arrears but still at slow rate. Today is my 2nd weigh in but class it as first week loss and pre-weighed.....have lost 2lb, that's my huge weight loss! from now on will be STS or 1/2-1lb on or off if I stick to it strictly! I have PCOS but dont like to say as feel its an excuse! if u diet properly you should lose weight regardless, I just don't, years of yo-yoing on crazy diets hasnt helped, only lose decent amounts if i starve myself, my body sees SW as normal eating and maintains, 1lb a week would be fantastic!....wish it would get the message, 5 stone to shift body, help me out!! slow and steady wins the race though apparently! :)

TickTock I know how difficult it is losing weight with PCOS, it's definitely not an excuse...it's a valid reason. I don't think people realise how difficult the condition can be. 2lbs is a brilliant loss, you should be really pleased.

Hiya it's taking me 2 years to lose 6 1/2 stone it hasn't come of fast a pound here two pound there and I was happy with that my biggest loss was 4lbs I wasn't to strict on myself I still used my syns I would have a treat day if I wanted a night out with the girls or take away night I would just pull back a little bit I have stopped smoking along the way I will get my diamond award next month that means I will have been at my target a whole year and iv never been out of it even over holidays and Christmas times iv always got under target so I could enjoy cocktails or Christmas party foods I would just make sure I would be back on plan as soon as it's all over with and I am always ready to be eating normal again I do look forward to a few days of or on holidays a few weeks of but I do get sick of eating junk and it makes me feel rubbish in myself

Iv said in a few of my posts am not to sure where I am yet 100% with the site am hoping these are going in the right threads x

Hi daisy I'm not not fb for a while now but will be updating and chatting on my diary here. It's called slimming world here's to better health x x

Thanks Daisy, it is hard but just means I have to try harder! I actually lost 3.5lb! not sure how it changed from 2lb in the morning to more in the pm, but I will take it!

How is everyone else doing this week? I'm about to go to work, had huge bowl of puffed wheat for breakfast, taking skinny latte and banana with me and will have probs mugshot and yogurt for lunch then leftover beef casserole and rice for tea....maybe a cpl of celebrations chocolates and options later too :)

3.5lbs is a brilliant loss, bet you're so pleased!

I'm doing fine this week, it's my first full week on plan (I started just before my 2 wedding parties - doh!) and I'm just preparing for my usual triggers over the weekend. Your menu sounds lovely, I'm probably going to have weetabix and banana for breakfast, soup and fruit for lunch and I've got left over chilli and rice for dinner.

Do you go to a class? I usually work Sundays but have this one off and going to a kids party so dread to think of how the weekend is going to go!
Weather turning seems to make me hungry so I had leftover beef casserole and mash for lunch!! never mind, organic veg box has just arrived and nice looking tomatoes and carrots in there so might make a big salad for tea! (first time having veg box and only as was a ******* deal-not posh really lol!)

Hey girls,

My manager has brought in 3 tubs of goodies into work today, 1) shortbread 2) yule logs 3) caramel cake

Why would she do this to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have managed to stay away & had for brekkie weetabix & 2 tangerines. Lunch mugshot & sugarsnap peas.

I am not touching those cakes.

Dxxx

I don't go to class, no. This forum is invaluable for me really as it has so many recipes, tips and support. Veg box does sound incredibly posh. I've had to fill up the fruit bowl again today...think I've eaten more fruit in the past 3 weeks or so than I have in my whole life :D

Well done Dolly - think of all the wonderful things you could use with your syns rather than wasting it on some dry old cake/shortbread! :rolleyes:

Erm....chinese on the way :hide: but in my defence, am going to weigh portions and i have enough syns :) just have no energy today! didnt fancy salad or want to stand chopping so made a quick curried veg soup (bag of ready chopped soup veg & can of chickpea dahl, whizzed) smelt lovely but didnt taste the best so only had half a bowl, hubby wouldnt eat it so chinese it is! must start preparing in advance more, if i had chicken drimsticks or boiled eggs ready I would have made salad. Could have been worse, could have had a big fat kebab n chips!

Can I have a bit of your willpower please Dolly?!

Haha Daisy, I'm not posh at all, just love a bargain, soon as they go to full price I will be cancelling! had a huge squash delivered so more soup on the menu soon!

Hope you enjoyed your Chinese ticktoc. I hate it when my meals don't always turn out the best. I had chilli for dinner and put a bit too much chilli powder/cayenne pepper in and it was quite hot. I managed to finish it and didn't think it was too bad but my hubby was a bit of a drama queen about it and didn't finish it. I do think being prepared helped but you can't help it sometimes.

I've never cooked/eaten squash...is it nice? I'm going to make a huge batch of super speed soup on Sunday night so I have lunches next week sorted.

Ooooh what did you have from chinese?

I'm getting ready to head out with my mum for the afternoon so I have had my 5.5 syn brekkie/lunch - 1 slice warburtons toastie, 4 rashers bacon medallions & 2 fried eggs.

Have some sushi in my bag for lunch.

That will keep me in line till I get home for dinner & I have WI in the morning!

Dxxx

Back