How long does your class last?

My group is 9.30am-10 Wi and 10-11 image therapy. I like going around the group asking everyone, it makes it feels like we are a group instead of the same people talikng all the time, plus you get so many ideas from this and new ways of doing things. I think it also brings up all sorts of discussions that wouldn't happen otherwise. I may be a saddo but I look forward to my meeting as I see it as social gathering. Because I work night's the evening classes are no good for me so stay up and go to group and never begrudge peolpe talking or asking for help, it's all about sharing and helping each other.
My consultant actually encourages parents to bring their kids and they have a corner where they can play and in the holidays we have days where we bring child/SW friendly food in to share. The group feels like an extended family and I'm really lucky to have found such a lovely group and consultant :)

I'd love to find a group like this! I just restarted at sw last Wednesday at a new group.... But I top work nights, but I also work shifts so I am constantly changing groups to fit ny shift.... It gets to be a bit of a pain because you become a bit of a drifter....

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using MiniMins.com mobile app

I joined a group today, weigh in was from 9:30 and the meeting finished at 11 although she spent time afterwards going through the plan. I didn't mind the time length, it was so cold in that church hall everyone was shivering :-( maybe next week I will take a blanket lol x

I think consultans and their classes will be criticised no matter what they do because everyone's different and wants different things. I keep re joining classes but always feel the consultant is rubbish so end up doing it from home. I'm lucky if the class lasts an hour. Everyone gets weighed then she reads out everyone's gains/losses and that's it over. No image therapy, no help or advice and no recipe sharif or discussion. I feel that's a waste of money each week. I WISH the class lasted two hours and I actually got some help and support from it. :-(

Then I'd be getting onto SW head office and let them know which group you attend and they will get a team leader out or something as that's not how class should be done. Image Therapy is hugely important to SW and they will want to know if its not being done right :)

Then I'd be getting onto SW head office and let them know which group you attend and they will get a team leader out or something as that's not how class should be done. Image Therapy is hugely important to SW and they will want to know if its not being done right :)

I know, I've thought about complaining every time I re join. I last about 2 classes and then I just can't take it anymore. I thought that was just what all slimming world classes were like. I'm gonna try and join another class further afield and see.

I go to two classes depending on my shifts and they are both totally different.....one just goes around everyone and seems like she just wants to get it over and done with then the other talks about a main slimming world topic every week and ppl share recipies and ask questions of they are unappy with theyr result that week and she doesn't go through the group x

Our weigh in is 7.30 - 8pm it all depends on how many people stay for image therapy as to how long it lasts. Usually about 45mins to an hour. I try my best to stay every week, I'm only a 5 min walk away and it's nice for my son and his daddy to have some time together whilst I have a break lol. Our consultant is really helpful and supportive and the groups really friendly, without this I think I would struggle x

My group is 9.30am-10 Wi and 10-11 image therapy. I like going around the group asking everyone, it makes it feels like we are a group instead of the same people talikng all the time, plus you get so many ideas from this and new ways of doing things. I think it also brings up all sorts of discussions that wouldn't happen otherwise. I may be a saddo but I look forward to my meeting as I see it as social gathering. Because I work night's the evening classes are no good for me so stay up and go to group and never begrudge peolpe talking or asking for help, it's all about sharing and helping each other.
My consultant actually encourages parents to bring their kids and they have a corner where they can play and in the holidays we have days where we bring child/SW friendly food in to share. The group feels like an extended family and I'm really lucky to have found such a lovely group and consultant :)

This sounds like a lovely group. I wonder if SW have thought of promoting family-friendly groups like this? It would be a great way of getting people into morning groups.

Eugh I never went back.
The lady said
'Sarah is new tonight and can you believe she weighs 12 and a half stone, you would never guess, as your so toned'

I could have died from embarrassment as she didn't mention anyone else's weight, only their loss.

Plus I got told off for not bringing fruit by this girl. But it was my first time and I never knew to bring it.

Anyway the whole thing lasted 1 and a half hours. 2 hour image therapy.

^slimmingbabe, that's really bad. She definately shouldn't be announcing your weight. And she should have weighed you after the session had finished and the other members had gone.
The fruit - that was probably a genuine mistake from another member - but even if regular members forget, it shouldn't be a big deal. If the Slimmer of the week bag looks a bit poorly, I usually give a reminder to the whole group so no-one feels singled out.
I do weigh in and new member talk from 7.30pm - 8.0pm. Then Image therapy from 30-45 mins, according to how many in the group and how much help the members need. I usually have some sort of theme - this week it will be making sure you don't get bored and lunch ideas. We have tasters every now and then, Team fun tech once a month (cos my members cheat really badly, and it gets a bit too hilarious) I ask if they've tried any new recipes that they enjoyed, and sometimes I give them a game or quiz. We played ready steady cook once with the raffle, and had some really good ideas. x

Eugh I never went back.
The lady said
'Sarah is new tonight and can you believe she weighs 12 and a half stone, you would never guess, as your so toned'

I could have died from embarrassment as she didn't mention anyone else's weight, only their loss.

Plus I got told off for not bringing fruit by this girl. But it was my first time and I never knew to bring it.

Anyway the whole thing lasted 1 and a half hours. 2 hour image therapy.

Wow that's bad! The groups I've been in have always made a point of sayin actual weight is never mentioned only your loss..... I would definitely get on to head office about that....

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back