How long for ketosis??

Aisha_Mango

Hey guys!

On day 2 and doin quite well :) (despite feelin like crap all day, pounding headache and a general feelin of death)

Just curious, how long did it take you to finally reach ketosis? Are there any ways of recognising ketosis other than peeing on a stick? Does ketosis REALLY get rid of your hunger/cravings??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can be anything from about 3 to 6 days. No need to pee on sticks just stick to the plan and youll be there before you know it :)

The taste in your mouth is usually a bit of a giveaway. Ketone breath :). Yes, ketosis does supress your appetite so you don't feel hungry all the time. That's not to say that you won't want your packs when it's time but you won't feel starving hungry. There is the odd occasion that you will feel truly hungry but mostly you won't. Cravings, well I've learnt to live without things and I know I can't have them so I tend not to crave them. It really doesn't bother me that I'm not having chocolate etc. as the weight loss goal is more important. And nothing tastes as good as thin feels :)

I've ordered some strips from Amazon because my breath is no indication, I'm cutting down on gum from having 3-4 pieces a day. When there is no gum in it, my mouth always feels gross! So I don' know. Hunger doesn't work for me either, once I set my mind to something like this diet I tend to change.... odd, as usually I'm hungry all the time even when eating! Now I'm SO focussed on my goal I'm not feeling the hunger, I bet that doesn't even make sense but its the same as lost time I started a diet. I did RC for a year and lost 4 stone! It's only toward the end I started feeling hungry and started gaining- it took too long, hence this time a quicker solution!

Hey Aisha, with any luck you should be going into ketosis very soon. Feeling any better today?

Does it really matter that you know? If you stick to the plan you'll be in ketosis. What if you test negative? There's nothing you can do to accelerate it? What if in a weeks time you still show negative - the sticks are very unreliable and some folk never show pink.

The main thing is the result on the scales ;)

Couldn't agree more Starlight - someone said it's scientifically impossible NOT to loose weight on a sensible VLCD (ie not diy, when weight loss might include valuable muscle weight). As someone who experiences both occasional hunger and no noticeable breath issues, I feel happy that I must be in ketosis by sticking to the plan, and the weight loss is a confirmation - even if it has slowed somewhat.

Back