How long is each meeting ?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Lynne2809, 3 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can someone please tell me how long each meeting / class last for. I have seen a local meeting advertised on a Wednesday morning at 10am but I have to pick my son up from nursery at 11:20 and don't drive. Is it worth attending that class or would it be more beneficial to attend an evening class as the other daytime local class is run at the same time on a Friday so have the same problem.

I also have to either walk back from class to the nursery or jump on a bus.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sucette

sucette Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(8.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My meetings are weigh-ins followed by discussion, all in all it takes about 50 minutes-1 hour. If you're pushed for time you can just go to get weighed and not bother with the meeting, but I find the discussion part very useful :)

4. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, think i will join the morning one and see how it goes for collecting my little boy then change to an evening one if needs be.

5. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That sounds like a good plan. I think it varies a lot from meeting to meeting depending how busy they are and stuff. But it's really easy to transfer if you find one meeting doesn't really work for you :)

6. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there, it usually depends on how busy the meeting is: if there's a lot of people to be weighted then it can take a bit longer than 1 hour but the leader would try to anyway have someone else weight people with her so that the time would be reduced. Normally it takes roughly 30 minutes for people to be weighted and 30 minutes for the pep talk. If you have to go during the pep talk you can always excuse yourself and go if the meeting is taking too long. Just go to the morning one, you should be fine! How long it takes you to walk to the nursery, or what time does the bus pass close to your meeting?

7. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone for the advice / info. I am going to join next Wednesday :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.