how long to do ss for?

yummy mummy

Silver Member
i have been doing cd since thursday and according to my scales have lost 9lb so far in my first week. i just cant seem to escape food i find myself smelling them and wanting to eat them so bad. i have seen that alot of people on here have done ss for 4weeks but their weight loss has dropped dramatically after the first two weeks!!! basically my question is im not sure wether i should do ss for 4 weeks or just 2? please help im desparate to lose weight fast but not sure on what i should do x x

Hiya Yummy

If you have 37 pounds to get you to a healthy BMI then my advice is stick to sole source for 4 weeks, then do your AAM and then review the situation with you counsellor.

Maybe a "with food" programme would suit you better although most people agree that sticking with SS is the best way to get to goal weight.

Mike

hi Yummy Mummy, My losses didnt drop dramatically after the first two weeks, I lost 22lbs in the first month on ss.For the last 3 weeks I have been doing aam. this is what is so nice about CD you can be flexible with it to a degree. The decision how long to ss is down to you,but the first two weeks are the hardest and after that it gets tons easier!so give it the two weeks and see how you feel,and well done on your 8lb lost! Brilliant!!
Nikki

hi, yummy mummy..firstly Well done for not only your loss so far..BUT being on SS since Thursday!!! I have been on it for 2 days I must say I am struggling..I think if i was allowed another shake at say 8pm then i would be fine because I have somethng to look forwards to.. BUT i have my last shake at 6pm and then i panic...Did you find the first few days hard and has is got any easier?? I really cant imagine staying on this SS for 2 - 4 weeks.. i am 13st 10lb and i want to lose 2st 10lb ..im not in a massive hurry to lose it , i would be happy with say 2lb a week ..I just read a post where a girl has another shake at the end of the day extra..BUT i have been told not to do that!! (SHAME) anyway keep up the good work and let me know how yougo on....xxx:)

Well done. I think you need to find a plan that suits YOU. Lots rave about 790!

hi sharong, yeah the first few days were horible i am still finding it a bit difficult but knowing how much i havelost so far keeps me going, someone said to me today dont think about doing it for a long period just take it an hour at a time and we should get there in the end. i started at 13.13lb on thursday and i want to get down to 11stone. i just want to get there quick so that i can have fun eating normally and maintaining my weight. keep me posted on how you do!! good luckx x x

Back