How long to get safely back to food

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by wigglychick, 6 June 2007 Social URL.

1. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

How many weeks does it take to safely get back to eating food ? I'm trying to work out the best plan for me for my holidays - there is no way I can SS on them as I don't have enough energy - we go on very active camping holidays. So I'm trying to work out the best plan for me to get back to taking in enough calories to cope with that - we go on holiday in the middle of August.
    I've tested out a few activities over the last week or so to see how I went - my usual bike ride left me feeling ill for a couple of days and an hour in the garden also left me feeling yukky and headachey so I can see that SS is a no-go for an active holiday = however, I don't want to put shed loads of weight back on while away.

Would really appreciate some advice please :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Maybe you could try to stick to one of the higher plans while you are away - maybe the 1000cal or higher? Sallies is a really active lady so follows the 1200cal plan for the same energy reasons you want to avoid ss while away and she has had a fabulous loss so far - 3 stone-ish I think.

If you choose to do a different step while you are away you may need to prepare in advance of your holiday by building up your food intake gradually through the aam,790cal plans for a week or so before - a cdc would be better placed to tell you how long to take moving up the plans ahead of the holiday.

Failing that - if you choose not to follow any kind of CD plan while you away just try to drink lots of water and avoid excessive carb intake!!

Whatever you choose I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
  4. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

Thanks Ruth, I will discuss with my CDC on Friday, I want to SS for as long as poss before going but don't want to leave it to late to introduce food iykwim :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.