How long to refeed for?

JustForMe

Gold Member
Im going out for a meal on the 26th June and so i need to refeed for one day which sounds totally stupid.

I would stick with TFR but its hubbys bday and an expensive resaraunt.

Any advice appreciate :)

just to add....iv done low carb/atkins so i know what to avoid and what will knock me out of ketosis. and im avoiding alcohol too:)

Could you not just have a small little meal? Like chicken and salad. If its just for the one day?

Im no expert so im sure someone will be along with some better advice :)

Well, if it were me, and I wasn't drinking, I'd just do the TFR as usual and have the one meal rather than 'waste' a whole week by refeeding? Just me though?...

so do you think if i ate say.... a chicken salad for starters...no salad dressing and i'd leave toms as i can stand them and say a pan fried fish witha few veggies that sound okay.

im def gonn avoid pudding as i dont totally want to mess things up then id go back to TFR the next day?

Thats what i would do :)

If you avoid potatoes, root vegetables, breads, dressings and pudding you should be okay- or at least not do too much damage?

if im totally honest if i put on a couple of pounds it wont get me down ill just get straight back on the wagon. but im going to be sensible but also enjoy myself!

If you put on weight from one meal it won't be 'true' weight- it'll be fluid, plus the weight of the food in your system, and will be gone in a day or two. It's going in & out of ketosis you'd need to be careful of? Good luck!

if you are planning on drinking alcohol you need to refeed for atleast a week - if your just going for the one meal just have 2 shakes in the day and then your evening meal but like you say be careful with it, no carbs :)

Back