Total Solution How long until ketosis kicks in?

Sparkley

Silver Member
Hi all, I'm new to VLCDs so not experienced ketosis before.

I am on day 4 of TS and have not found it too bad, but do feel tired and weary... zero energy. I am full of cold at the moment too so that probably isn't helping!

I have bought some ketone sticks and been checking but no change on that front yet.

How long have you found it takes to get into ketosis? From what I have read on other posts that could provide the energy I need!

Have a lot of weight to lose but finding a lot of motivation and inspiration on here.

x

Roughly days 3-5 seem to be the average, maybe your cold's affecting it?

Anyway good luck, stick at it drinking your water and you'll get fab results.

Would also reccomend you started a diary in the Exante diary section, you'll get lots of support and motivation along your journey xx

Hi Gigglepants, thanks for that. I think I might have started ketosis today as my ketostix was a darker pink than it had been. Fingers crossed!

Still feeling weary but think that is the cold bug thing.

How are you finding the plan? I have my weigh in on Monday and a bit nervous! Thanks for the tip about a diary - think I will do that as need all the support I can get with 11 stones to lose! Plus hopefully as I start losing I can help others with a lot to lose too.

Have a great weekend x

Hey Sparkly, and welcome to minimins :) Thought I'd chime in here cos I had terrible trouble with lethargy at first - if you're pink you're definitely in ketosis, any colour variations from now will just depend on how hydrated you are (assuming you stick to the diet). If you're not hungry any more thats a good sign you're in ketosis - craving is a completely different thing, but not being hungry really curbs the cravings too! For me it took a good fortnight for the lethargy to wear off and even then I never got a boost or rush of energy as some people do - but I did find I felt perfectly normal which was fine by me! To combat that tiredness and lack of energy, I just went to bed earlier and upped my black tea intake (or coffee if you drink it) plus allowed myself 2 slices of lean sandwich ham at that awful time about 4pm when the kids got home, and just stuck it out. The weight was dropping off so there was no way I was going to quit. I'm 9 weeks in now and it all feels so normal I barely give it a second thought. I love being on Exante, I find a real sense of freedom from food, from thinking, planning, worrying about it. It's just me and my food packs ;-)

Hi Buttons, thanks very much for that, good to hear that it is going well for you. How much have you been losing each week, if you don't mind me asking? I am going away first week of October and wondering if I am being over ambitious at thinking I could lose 4 stones by then! Sounds a bit ridiculous but some if the weight loses in here have been astronomical.

Here's hoping the lethargy stops soon. Certainly not hungry but am craving 'real' food!

First weigh in on Monday - hoping for a good loss to keep me motivated. X

You definitely could have a 4st loss by then :)
Initially your weight loss will be fairly rapid, slowing down the longer you are on the diet and the closer to goal you are :)
Stick with it, and you will lose :)
Good luck
Marge :D

I agree with Marge, 4st loss by October is very doable for you.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow hun, can't wait to see your week one result.

Oh and get that diary started for more support, as more people will see it and pop in! :) xx

I'm not weighing weekly, opted for monthly weighins so I don't get too stressed about small fluctuations. But the first 6 weeks I did and it was a steady loss, 9lb first week, average of 3lb each week thereafter. I'm at about two stone now, am tempted to get the scales out but went away and off plan for two days last week and it may upset me to weigh now so trying hard to resist!

Thanks everyone for such encouraging words.

Had my first weigh in today and lost 11lb so very pleased! Have dieted so many times before that I think my metabolism is all over the place. Am hoping that the ketosis method is fool-proof as normally I lose a load of weight initially then my body seems to thing 'oh, we're doing this again are we' and refuse to budge any more. Time will tell.

My willpower was put to the test yesterday as me and OH went to a music festival where gourmet outdoor catering was everywhere. Such a lovely hot day too - which was great, but was ice cream vans were everywhere, plus and all the lovely food. But to be honest I wasn't hungry and had taken a bar with me and made that last the afternoon. Felt really pleased that I managed to resist. Just kept thinking to myself 'why eat something that will taste great for the 5 mins your eating it but then what?' Plus looked ahead to doing the same thing next year and being able to sit comfortably on a picnic rug and dance around like a loon without people thinking they need to call St Johns Ambulance!

Thanks Gigglepants - am going to set up a diary now.

x

Back