How long until you saw your body change?

reluctant_whale

Hi there. There are some amazing, inspirational women and men on here that have done so well. I was wondering how long it took to see your body changing? Im only on day 2 ... And obviously realise i probably wont see anything for a few weeks. Just had a shower and looked down at my belly thinking "the sooner i see less of you the better" :)

Hiya, my advice is keep taking photos of urself every 4 weeks, I didn't see it on myself for a while but when I seen the pic's I could, 6 and a half stone down and I'm like a different person :) x

I've not ever lost enough to notice a difference, but my cdc said that measuring is important so you can see what you're achieving in inches as well as stones.

When I started at 18.2lb, people really started noticing when I got to 14 and a half............took a while, but partly because of the baggy clothes I was waring(now hanging in wardrobe as too small!!!). x

I agree about the pics. I still feel the same now at 11.3 as I did at 15.1. I know im not and my clothes tell me I'm not but the only way I see it is when looking at pics side to side. Funny how our minds play games with us x

CD journey. -11.1, -3.5, -2.6, -2, -5.7, -

i think its really important to take photos and measure yourself because sometimes it is really hard to see a change in yourself when you see yourself in the mirror every day. there are people who have seen me after many months and they think i have lost loads of weight but i honestly cant see it! my cdc measured my waist and i have lost 7inches since i started the diet (i still cant see it!!) but its clearly happening.

cdc also said something quite interesting to me when i started the diet. she reckons it takes the average person at least 6 months to be able to see/accept their new body... i totally see what she means now because my husband who started the diet with me in sept has almost reached his goal weight after losing 4stones... and he looks at himself in the mirror and says that he still looks exactly the same. and he doesnt!!

Really interesting replies so far. Thank you! To be honest I don't know what I look like in the mirror from the neck down because I haven't been able to face looking at myself for a LONG time, I even cover mirrors when I get out of the shower. I know I need to take photos but I'm a bit scared - sounds daft doesn't it! I don't think ive had a full length photo for years ... I always shout "Only my head" when someone takes a photo! haha. So, photos tonight then when my OH gets in from work... can't wait for my first weigh in .. it's such hard work but I know it's going to be work it! :)

I Know exactly what you mean! Just take the photos and don't look at them then compare them with new ones in a month and you will notice massively. I never noticed it in myself apart from the clothes untill I compared my pictures. I don't have official before ones so I compared a full length pic (one of very few!) taking a few months before I started. Now I can really see the difference in my face.
This pic is me at my heaviest 18.2 and about 2 weeks ago at 16st 1lb (I was wearing a petticoat in the fist pic thou!)

Attachments

• b4after.jpg
    b4after.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 139
Really interesting replies so far. Thank you! To be honest I don't know what I look like in the mirror from the neck down because I haven't been able to face looking at myself for a LONG time, I even cover mirrors when I get out of the shower. I know I need to take photos but I'm a bit scared - sounds daft doesn't it! I don't think ive had a full length photo for years ... I always shout "Only my head" when someone takes a photo! haha. So, photos tonight then when my OH gets in from work... can't wait for my first weigh in .. it's such hard work but I know it's going to be work it! :)

I know exactly what you mean, I've not looked in a full length mirror in about 7 years, there is 1 mirror in my house and I look once before I leave the house to make sure I don't have toothpaste round my face. I also avoid photos, my wedding day 2 years ago was an uncomfortable affair probably weird to see a bride spending the reception ducking out the way of camaras, I think i'll get hubby to take photos and just not look at them. :D

I Know exactly what you mean! Just take the photos and don't look at them then compare them with new ones in a month and you will notice massively. I never noticed it in myself apart from the clothes untill I compared my pictures. I don't have official before ones so I compared a full length pic (one of very few!) taking a few months before I started. Now I can really see the difference in my face.
This pic is me at my heaviest 18.2 and about 2 weeks ago at 16st 1lb (I was wearing a petticoat in the fist pic thou!)

Wow you can certainly see the difference in pics, I love the dress in the first picture, Its sooo pretty.

Wow you can certainly see the difference in pics, I love the dress in the first picture, Its sooo pretty.

Thank you! I think I'll have ebay it soon though :(

People started to notice my loss at 1.5 - 2 stone off :) such a great feeling am now 4 stone down with 2.5 lbs to go and get compliments constantly such a great feeling especially if you havent seen someone for a while :)

It will take about 5/6 stone before people even notice that i am losing weight... so AGES yet! This is because i have so much to lose :( But WHEN people do start to notice i will be at the stage where i have done it 6months and feeling fed up as i would have been on it so long, SO compliments will give me that extra boost to get the other 7 stone off :) hehe yay!!

It will take about 5/6 stone before people even notice that i am losing weight... so AGES yet! This is because i have so much to lose :( But WHEN people do start to notice i will be at the stage where i have done it 6months and feeling fed up as i would have been on it so long, SO compliments will give me that extra boost to get the other 7 stone off :) hehe yay!!

I think you will be surprised, I have alot to lose but people ae already commenting now and I'm only 2 stone down!
How much do you have to lose ?

I have like 13stone to lose :( I am actually REALLY embarrassed to say that :( and thats AFTER i have lost 16lb!! BUT i am gonna do it hehe! How much have you got to lose? xxx

I have like 13stone to lose :( I am actually REALLY embarrassed to say that :( and thats AFTER i have lost 16lb!! BUT i am gonna do it hehe! How much have you got to lose? xxx

Don't be embarrassed hun, we are all here for the same reason!
I started at 18st 2, I wanna get down to 10 stone and maybe a little more from there but we will see how it goes!
Just to be a nice size 16-18 would be something so I can shop in normal shops!

You WILL do it :)

Don't worry Natasha the important thing is you're already on your way to getting it off, well done on the 16lbs. I have about 12/13 stone to lose, no idea what my target it yet but I'll decide when I'm closed. I'd like to be a size 14 but I don't no what weight I'd be. I've never shopped in a normal shop, its usually evans or the fat cats (catalogues)
Can't wait to walk into Monsoon and buy a beautiful dress.

so I can shop in normal shops!

Oh what a dream! :D

P.S I see you got my friend request, in case you were wondering who it was! xx

Don't worry Natasha the important thing is you're already on your way to getting it off, well done on the 16lbs. I have about 12/13 stone to lose, no idea what my target it yet but I'll decide when I'm closed. I'd like to be a size 14 but I don't no what weight I'd be. I've never shopped in a normal shop, its usually evans or the fat cats (catalogues)
Can't wait to walk into Monsoon and buy a beautiful dress.

I'm not sure what size monsoon go up to is it 24-26?

Oh what a dream! :D

P.S I see you got my friend request, in case you were wondering who it was! xx

Oh yes I did haha! But I saw you like the CD page on there so I assumed it was something to do with Minimins :p.

Not too sure, last time I went in one (which was about a million years ago) they only did up to 18 and a small 18 at that but they may have changed since then.

The one thing that is worrying me bodywise is the skin, I've never been skinny and I can't see how it is ever going to shrink even a little bit. In keep dreaming that i'm like this loose skin monster :confused:

Not too sure, last time I went in one (which was about a million years ago) they only did up to 18 and a small 18 at that but they may have changed since then.

The one thing that is worrying me bodywise is the skin, I've never been skinny and I can't see how it is ever going to shrink even a little bit. In keep dreaming that i'm like this loose skin monster :confused:

They do up to a 22, but it's quite a tight 22 or else I'm kidding myself on that I'm only a 24 lol!

I'm wondering about the skin too, especially my tummy and upper arms, the boobs too might take a downward spiral :(

Back