How long will it take to get back into Ketosis?

Nicky 6

Hi all,
I started last Sunday and did a full 7 days TFR before I foolishly fell off the wagon at a halloween Party at work, Think I was just tired and emotional! :cry: I really wish I hadn't as I'm now out of ketosis and feel V.annoyed with myself. Does any one know how long it takes to get back into it and will I lose this week?
I can't believe I managed not to eat in a gastro pub with friends,or at Harvey Nicks where my mum,sis,and Aunt had cake then bloody ruined it with burger and cupcake at work (This is at least highlighting my weaknesses)
Getting married in December and really wanna hit my target, Wanna be a sexy wife!:p

It should take 2-3 days I would think, I had a carvery and was back in Ketosis 2 days later, and I lost 1lb less than usual next weigh in.
These things happen, don't be upset about it, just remember how well you have done so far

Thanks Sam.. I've really beat myself up about it and almost gave up. I've not got loads to lose but I don't feel like myself at the size I am,:sigh: Really wanna be slim and body confident again especially in time for my wedding-We were only gonna get hitched next year so I thought I had ages to lose it but we decided to leg it to Gretna over New Year...Keep thinking of that hot tub on my honeymoon! The man thinks I'm Ok but I don't feel like I'm giving him my best-turning lights out all the time etc! Ahh well time to crack on I suppose and start afresh-Thankyou:D

You got less than 2 stone to go - fantastic, maybe try breaking it down into half stone targets, once you get to the first one your a quarter way there etc. It might make it easier than looking at the whole amount.
I did that, but with weeks, I decided to do 12 weeks, and once I got through the first week and realised I could do it, I broke it down into quarters to try and make it feel like it wasn't such a long time to be doing it.
Just think how fab you will look for your wedding, and in the pics! x

Good thinking! I will try that as it's so hard staying motivated,Because the wedding is so soon everyone wants to get together for a meal/Drink beforehand but the main incentive for my diet is my wedding,:love047: I've been losing weight and putting it back on for years and finally decided that thinking about food all the time was doing my head in! I had a BIG plate of scampi and chips at work then lived on cup a soups for 3 days cos I felt so bad so I really want to learn how to break that cycle (as well as get skinny!)

I really am gonna aim for half stone targets as that seems a lot less daunting_thankyou so much!:thankyou:

Your welcome - hope it works for you. I'm gonna calorie count big time once I finish and plan meals to 2000 cals a day, so I can still eat the stuff I like but also keep track of it. Thought I could have a cooked breakfast on a sunday and a roast but nooooo, I didn't realise how many calories were in it till I looked, so it will have to be the main meal for Saturday and a snack for dinner I think, then I can have a roast on Sunday.
My biggest sin was drinking full fat coke, 2 litre bottle a day which is 800 cals before I had even eaten anything and snacking after my daughter went to bed, so it will be a healthy snack and the occasional glass of coke from now on lol

Good Luck!

I know, its crazy how many cals are in normal amounts of food-And I wondered why I was putting weight on! Picking is my downfall too- I work in a fancy dementia care home and never have time to eat a meal but am surrounded by biscuits/cookies/buffet style food, Have absolutely zero will power so have to go and hide when foods around! Feel like this diet is like rehab for foodies! I was actually sweating when I went for my 2nd weigh in, Thought I'd gained cos of slip up but I still lost 4lbs-Get in!

Really hope u reach ur goal xxx

Get the £5 Ketostix and track your levels in the morning and evening.
Normally it would take you 4-5 days to get into ketosis again.

When you splash a bit of wee on the stick it should go towards the pink colour, beige is normal, pink is good and purple means your not taking enough water.

Well done Nicky.... Great loss x x

Well done Nicky, bet your really pleased with your loss and hope it motivates you to carry on, stating the obvious here lol -you have lost more than a quarter of a stone in a week and thats with a slip up!brilliant! If you can do a week without a slip up you might get 6lbs and be well on your way to target. xx

Thanks you guys!

I love this site- find it really motivating to hide in my office at dinner time (which I am doing at the time of writing,avoiding a lamb dinner!) and jump on this forum. I have a little black dress on today and am starting to get comments about looking slimmer! yay! really love how you all support each other on here and it means a lot, Thanks!:gen126: xxx

Hi Nicky, really glad its going well for you and you are getting noticed

Hi Nicky, really glad its going well for you and you are getting noticed

Wowow Sam, you are the incredible shrinking woman!

Well done you x

Hi Sandra
Please don't say well done to me, I have had a bad 3 days, friday had a carvery which was planned to celebrate another stone gone, but on Saturday I went to a family get together and had cream cake, sausage rolls and some chocolate AND chips on the way home and on sunday I had jacket potato as I was depressed over the result of the Grand Prix! lol, so I've been really really bad and will be lucky not to put on this week.
Still I'm back on track today and have 2 and a half weeks left, so think the stone I wanted to lose is out of the question now. Ah well

Hi Sandra
Please don't say well done to me, I have had a bad 3 days, friday had a carvery which was planned to celebrate another stone gone, but on Saturday I went to a family get together and had cream cake, sausage rolls and some chocolate AND chips on the way home and on sunday I had jacket potato as I was depressed over the result of the Grand Prix! lol, so I've been really really bad and will be lucky not to put on this week.
Still I'm back on track today and have 2 and a half weeks left, so think the stone I wanted to lose is out of the question now. Ah well

Never say never......good luck x

Oh Sam! I feel for you! Dont think any one on here has stayed on 100% - I fell off the wagon spectacularly at my hen do last week-was planning to just have a few glasses of champers but drank looooaaaaaddds and ate 3 portions of curry! arrrgghhh but you know what -who cares? We're on the right track doing this,we used to eat like that every frickin day! so the odd slip up is not really important, Just think all the rest of the days we're only on 4 hundred and odd cals- I personally had that daily at lunch time (or on a bar of choc/packet of crisps in evening) I really didnt realise how much I ate until I went on this, Yes I was only a size 14 but felt really wrong in my body-So glad we're making a change-and with every challenge there's setbacks.
We're doing it! xxxx

Hi Nicky
Thanks for that and your right! Sounds like you had a brilliant hen night and I don't blame you for falling off the wagon for it, I'd have done the same. I see you've lost nearly 2 stone now which is brilliant.

Well it's weigh in day tomorrow, normally I'm on the scales most days but haven't dared this week lol, if I can stay the same as last w/i i'll be happy I suppose lol. 2 more weeks to go till re-feed, I felt like re-feeding yesterday cos I'd had enough but back in Ketosis today and it's made me feel a lot better about it all so I will make myself do the 2 weeks 100% - I'm counting down the days, but hope I can manage half a stone before I finish and maybe an extra couple of pound off in re-feed so I will be only a few pounds off target.
I'm thinking of doing Atkins after xmas to get rid of the last stone or 2, at least I can eat but I think the losses will be slower as its more calories a day, but I can live with that lol.

Good luck for tomorrow sam x x

Thanks Su - I've managed to lose a pound, so pretty pleased all things considered

Thanks Su - I've managed to lose a pound, so pretty pleased all things considered

Hey that's ok, a pound's a pound after all......good luck for this week x

Back