how lose the last few stone?

!mummyto3girls!

hi ppl. i've lost 6 and a half stone so far just through diet and exercise. i've got about 3 stone left to lose and it just isn't shifting. i thought about getting an exercise bike but i don't think we really have the room, not until i get the twins in their own room anyway. i used to swim twice a week but haven't been for ages so will have to start that up again. i do a lot of walking but haven't lately as the weather as been so bloody awful. think i'm answering my own question really arent i lol thought about trying a new diet, any recommendations? bearing in mind i'm a single mum of four so i'm not rich lol

Slimming world! Easy to follow, especially with kids around, as it's all about eating a healthy balanced diet, so it's family friendly :) But yeah, from the people I've talked to who've lost a lot (well done for your 6 and a half stone by the way!) they say the easiest way to lose the last bits are to up the exercise :) Slimming world also gives good advice regarding exercise with their 'body magic' which starts you off slow and gradually ups the ante :) Good luck!

Hi there, congratulations on losing so much weight! I have been on the Herbalife diet, and found that it works wonders for me. Feeling much more energised too. Xx

i've not heard of herbalife, i'll google it! yeah i think upping my exercise is probably the way i'm gonna have to do it. ill get back into swimming twice a week, carry on with my 6 miles walking a day and try to add in some jogging. hopefully i can sort that room out and get an exercise bike or cross trainer, i guess i could always bring the bike downstairs and do it while i'm watching tv lol

That's a good idea :) I like doing that with my Wii Fit, setting it to a 30 min walk or jog and switching over to tv so I can watch my favourite programs and exercise at the same time :p Time passes so much quickly and before you know it you'll have burnt loads of calories :)

i used to love doing the jogging with my wii fit but my wii is broken :( keep meaning to get it fixed but its so expensive

It may sound strange, but you could always do it without the wii fit :p Put your favourite program on and jog in front of the tv :p

I lost 4 stone before falling off the wagon, kept trying to go back and failing, giving it another go this time by calorie counting and exercise, I got a bike which I use while im watching telly, do between 60 - 80mins a day on it, but Ive been calculating calories burnt and the less you weigh, the less you burn doing the same activity, so Im upping the amount I do for every stone I lose, so if you are eating and exercising the same as you did when you were 6 stone heavier, you won't lose as much and in some cases wont lose at all, so maybe worth calculating how many calories your body needs at your lighter weight?

Back