how many calories a day do you have on a vlcd?

hi i do 600 calories a day but on my 8th day my weights stalled so dont know what the hells going on. im hoping its just a hiccup. if my weight continues to drop soon i would recommend this amount to anyone that's very overweight as its just enough calories to keep me going for the day. dont feel dizzy or light headed. have the energy to go on the treadmill for an hour and dont feel starving at all. hope this helps someone x

I seriously recommend you re-think about your calorie intake. The reason your weight will stall is because your body is trying to ensure you will stay ALIVE. It will NOT burn any fat when it's not getting enough food. Instead, muscle will be used way before fat is even touched on for energy. In fact, muscle will actually be broken down and stored AS FAT.

Honestly VLCD's are dangerous and aren't for anyone who's new to dieting and nutrition etc. .

Not totally correct. Some VLCDs are just fine ;)

I seriously recommend you re-think about your calorie intake. The reason your weight will stall is because your body is trying to ensure you will stay ALIVE. It will NOT burn any fat when it's not getting enough food. Instead, muscle will be used way before fat is even touched on for energy. In fact, muscle will actually be broken down and stored AS FAT.

I do agree with that though since lemon appears to be doing a DIY VLCD

so kd do you think if i want to restrict my calorie intake so low then atleast do it wisely and go on something like the CD or LL or equivalents rather than as you say a diy vlcd?

Yep (just mentioned this on your other thread)

Or calorie count at a higher level. Just say safe ;)

LL and CD are meal replacement diets. They may be nutritionally adequate but in reality many vitamins and minerals from industrial sources are low quality and not absorbed by the body fully. Real-food VLCD can have just as much nutrition as a meal replacement diet, if not more simply because the vitamins and minerals are freely absorbed in the body.

Back