How many days are DD?

Louise44

Hi everyone just started this after seeing the Horizon programme! I am 13st and need to lose at least 2, so dying to get started.

Im confused as to how many days are down days? Some I see are 3 days, some 2? Does it depend on how much you want to lose? Thanks for any advice, delighted to see all the great results here.

Hi Louise

Welcome! It depends on how much you want to lose and also, importantly, how you think you're going to be able to manage with sticking to the plan.

I do DDs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so that I can have UP days on Tuesday, Thursday and .... here's the important bit ... Saturday and Sunday! :D

Hopefully, by cutting myself this bit of slack, I'll be more inclined not to "cheat" or fall off the JUDDDDDDDDering wagon :D

P x

3 days is the best idea to start with, and see how you go from there. Some people may throw an intermediate day (like a calorie counting day of 1200-1400ish) to get a balance of 3 down days, 3 up days, and one in the middle.

Its up to you though, juddd is all about experimenting and finding out what suits you.

I personally do Mon-Wed-Friday as DD's and the rest as UD's x

I also agree with P, make it as easy as possible on yourself and you're more likely to stick to it

Thanks a million, I've started today as a DD and not doing too badly, the soup posted in the recipes section is delish! I agree down days during the week are ideal, leaving weekends free!

Back