How many diets did you try before you find the right one?

val76

Hi,
I was jumping from diet to diet until I finally find combination that works for me and I finally start to lose weight. I can eat everything as I normally would, I do a light exercise almost every day and use diet supplement that I recently discover :)

What is you magic formula and how many diets did you try?

I've toyed with many diets but have only ever really done calorie counting and exercise. I've had fantastic results with it in the past - hopefully will again.

Over the years I've done Weight Watchers (numerous times), slim fast, Lighter Life (didn't last long), Scottish Slimmers, calorie counting and probably a few others. Most success was with WW, now found Slimming World and it suits me best out of them all.

I did Scottish Slimmers when I was younger but it wasn't for me - the group was much older than me and the foods weren't ones I would enjoy eating. So it didn't last long.

When I came back to slimming a few years later I found Slimming World and its been my one and only ever since. Limited weighing and measuring, never need to be hungry, I can eat as much pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes, lentils, pulses, grains, quorn, fruit, veg and fat free dairy as I want which is perfect for a vegetarian, and lose weight at the same time :)

Slimming World gets my vote too. I love the fact that it is actually about healthy eating and therefore a long term solution to managing my weight. I still have some way to go but 18 months on I am still with it!

I've yo-yo'd for 15 years doing green days on SW as I am a former carbo-holic. However this year I turned 50 and that was something of a slap in the face and I decided I needed to do something once and for all. I gave up white carbs and switched to 5:2 fasting and calorie counting on my eating days. I also started running for the first time in my life and have found that I LOVE doing so. To be honest, it was as if my body said "At LAST!" and faithfully dropped a good two pounds a week for me. I hit target a couple of weeks ago and for a day or so I was saying "My journey is over" Of course, now I realise that only the first LEG of my journey is over.... now I have to do the more difficult part that is maintenance.... although because I completely overhauled my eating habits and run/go the gym 3 times a week, I am more confident that the changes I made this year are for life. My journey will never be over, but I hope the fight for it will lessen in time. I've had compulsive over-eating tendencies in the past so each day is a constant battle, but it isn't always difficult... I have good days and bad days and sometimes I weaken and have a slice of cake, which gives me indigestion these days. And then I make myself eat less the next day, or run further to burn off the calories - in my head it's the trade off.

I FIRMLY believe that you need to experiment and tailor an eating and exercise plan purely to your own body and that what works for someone else won't necessarily work for you.....

Back