How many dress sizes have people dropped?!

Minx34

Minx xx
Hi!

I am just curious as to how much weight you all had to lose to drop down a dress size?

I know everyone is different, but is it, for example, lose 1 stone = 1 dress size? Or is it more or less?

Sounds like a daft question, but trying to look ahead to imagine what size I might end up at!!

Thanks everyone xxx:):D

I started off wearing a size 18 bottom and a size 16-18 top depending what it is...
Now over 4 1/2 stone down I am a size 10 top and 11 (if there was one) bottom......
Hope that helps a little x

I've lost nearly three stone and have dropped two dress sizes x

I have lost 49lb and have dropped from a size 20 top and bottom to a size 12 top and size 10 bottom...

I've lost almost 2 stone and dropped 2/3 sizes on top and 1 in bottoms, though not too far from moving down one more there I don't think.

Hi all!

Thanks for that! Curly and Greeneyes, I have been checking out you two and you have both been my main inspirations since starting on CD and this forum!

I am a 20/22 now and was thinking I will probably end up a 16.....which I haven't been for well over a decade!! The world may discover I have cheek bones and ONE chin!!!

Keep up the great work and the encouragement!

xx

I have lost 2.5st and have went from a size 18/20 to a 12/14

I started at a size 22-24, have lost 5 and a half stone, and am currently a size 12 (a 10-12 in some things) :)

After losing 4 stone I went from a very tight 28 trousers to a loose 24 LOL! And on top, I was about a size 30 and now Im between a 24 to 26. Hope that helps xxxx

OMG you lot are amazing! Look at all that weight you have all lost.....and I bet none of you thought you would do it?!

I am only 3 weeks in and my gorgeous OH actually said (in a nice way) that he had to hand it to me as he thought I would have packed it in the first week! He is now jealous that I have lost 18lbs so quickly and is eating healthier himself!!

x

Started at a size 28, now a 14 having lost 52lbs.
Got another 3 stone to lose.... EEEK!
xxx

Wow Liz, what a huge drop in clothes sizes, and well done on your weight loss too... keep up the good work.

I seem to be the odd one out! i have lost almost 6 stone since starting CD and i started a 20/22 bottom and a 20 top. I am now a size 12/14 top and a 16 bottom (nearly 14 *fingers crossed* bottom) and with only (haha ''only'' - feels like loads!) 20lbs ish to lose, i don't think i am going to drop many more sizes. i would be happy with a comfortable 14 bottom and a 12 - 14 top.

I have lost 3 stone so far and have gone from a size 22/ 24 tops and bottoms to a size 14 bottoms size 16 tops so dropped 3 sizes on top and 4 on bottom.

x

I know that everybody has different body shapes and that I will never be a size 12 as never was when younger and slim...I think a size 14 would be pushing it for me, as I don't want to age in my face etc which I have seen on someone at work who lost too much.

The day I reach a size 16...I will be whooping from the mountain tops and spending all day on ebay buying lush new clothes!!

x

I know that everybody has different body shapes and that I will never be a size 12 as never was when younger and slim...I think a size 14 would be pushing it for me, as I don't want to age in my face etc which I have seen on someone at work who lost too much.

The day I reach a size 16...I will be whooping from the mountain tops and spending all day on ebay buying lush new clothes!!

x

i feel the same way. i have never been less than an 18 since i was at least 12 years old, so to be on the edge of a 14 is a dream. but i must admit i feel pressure because i see others on here dropping sizes left right and centre and i feel like i am doing something wrong!!

Eyeonthe prize....Are you crazy???!!!!! You have lost a bloomin' amazing, whopping, huge, fantastic 94lbs! You look fantastic and the size of your clothes is totally irrelevant!

I have seen women on here whose starting weight was several stone heavier than me but they were the same or smaller dress size???....just goes to show we are all different.

You only have 19lb to go.....I bet your family are astounded by the new you and very proud..as you should be too missy!

xx

Hi- this is a good question.

I know everyone is different and added to this all shop sizes are different too. Anyway I started as a size 18 (tried to squeeze into 16's at 14.7 st) I am now a 12 at 11st. Its is possibly due to my height but roughly i am a 16-18 at 14stone, 14-16 at 13st, 12-14 at 12st and i guess i could fit in some size 10 tops now i am 11st but i like to be comfy. I am hoping to get to 10st 7 and hopefully be a 10 all over.

we can get really hung up on sizes -You never know what you will feel comfortable at until you get there. I never thought i would get to a nice 14 but here I am a 12.

Good luck with your journey

wow eyes on the prize-just looked at your pics. You look fab.

Back