How many of you use a slow cooker and batch cook?

Hiekel Essterol

In the past (before SW) I have used our slow cookers a hell of a lot. Soups, stews, meats all sorts gets cooked in there. In fact the slow cooker is on as we speak for tonights tea. The only syn value in there is going to be the gravy granules.

But do you ever use it to batch cook and freeze? If so what sort of stuff do you do?

My favourite is probably bacon and leek soup. And its syn free as far as I know. Literally just bacon, potatoes, leeks. Cook in water for however long, and then just before eatting remove about 30% of the food and blend the rest to a thick soup, then put the 30% of the chunky food back in. Trouble is we always used to have it with a tiger loaf. Wont be doing that bit anymore.

I use my slow cooker a lot for SW friendly meals

Don't forget you would have to trim all fat off bacon to make it free for your soup but that is a great EE soup.

I make
spag bol
chicken curry
slow cooker whole chicken
beef stew
lean lamb leg pot roast
Chilli

I get the cooking bacon packs from Tesco, its basically the off cuts but it means you get chunks rather than rashers. Cutting the fat is a time consuming process but well worth it in the end as the soup is really nice, and its so simple with only 3 ingredients aswell. I know people that put hell and all in it, and it tastes now different really.

Not tried doing a curry in there yet, will have to give that a go.

Yep I am a slow cooker fan too :)

the usual in mine,

Bolganise
Chilli
Curry
Casseroles
Stews
Roast Chickens
Pork Joints
Gammon joints

Love my slow cooker!!

Have you had a look in the recipe section? There are a few threads in there with slow cooker recipes. Loads of them will also be suitable for freezing.

Back